Scouting

Wiltznucs, Hookedspur, HuntnMa, JHcats10, ads1
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Scouting

Post by HuntnMa »

Well I have been out two days in a row, not one gobble...I did see deer, coons, and squirrels the first day. Then today I decided to go listen for gobbles and kill some squirrels....I saw deer, squirrels and turkeys... the most beautiful gobblers on the woods....there I am getting ready to shoot a squirrel , then it jumped so I put my gun down, I look to right of me and a gobbler is looking at me...there was 5, possibly 6 with two hens...they never spooked , I don't know how I was wearing blues and white tennis shoes, lol......they were fighting amongst themselves, the hens wanted nothing to do with them...then they made their way off...the good news is they are where I need them to be come opening morning, the bad news is no more squirrel hunting. I will be going out next weekend, full camo and camera in hand...no more jeans.
can you see me now, lol.....that's bad...but it was an awesome shot...open sights.
Took it's ear right off...
3 head , 1 neck and yes, 1 lung shot... all died instantly.... hopefully I'll be shooting this well come turkey season.
turkey_slayer

Re: Scouting

Post by turkey_slayer »

I don't want you shooting at my arse lol
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Good eating right there...
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

All cleaned and marinating :)
wiltznucs

Post by wiltznucs »

I'm going to start scouting this weekend. Got to hit Homosassa WMA first.
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

Good Luck scouting.......they were gobbling this morning.
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

6 more squirrels died, 5 head ,1 neck shot...... I had an awesome weekend.
Saw gobblers fighting, had several come by me and I saw the bird I'm going after today, he has a lil pin head but his beard has to be 11''....I almost screwed it up...I was creeping through the woods and about 15 yds in front of me he gobbled, luckily it was thick so I laid on the ground and let him pass, he was spitting and drumming, I was dying...got a lil video of him but nothing worth sharing....I laid there until I heard him gobble again and got out of there as quick as I could.
How's everyone else doing ? Seeing anything ?

Return to “Snood Snipers”