Flexhone Questions

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
patternfreak

Flexhone Questions

Post by patternfreak »

Has anyone on here used this to polish their barrel? I have a 410 I am working on improving patterns with. Would like to polish the barrel as it is a very old gun that needs it badly

Should I go with the flexhone or the old school method of kroil/J&B bore cleaner?

Seems the flexhone provides the same results in less than half the time
runngun

Re: Flexhone Questions

Post by runngun »

They both work well for me. But the flex hone definitely works best. Make sure that you get their oil. This method has always worked for me. It will be mirror bright.

Have a good one, Bo
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I e used flexhone. But jb bore and some pblast with brassbrush and pblast with scotchbrite polishes pretty fast
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Durs Egg

Post by Durs Egg »

Flexhoning would be my choice if the bore was dark or pitted; otherwise, I'd use a silver Scotchbrite and Kroil, followed by JB polish.

I used a flexhone in the 20 ga barrel of my son's Savage 24V that was dark and JB's wasn't getting it done. It's mirror bright now.

Contrasting that, I used the Scotchbrite/JB's on my Mossberg Gold Reserve .410 to clean up some machining marks and scratches. It's a bit of a pain to get the Scotchbrite sized just right to fit in the bore, but it's well worth the effort.

Return to “Gun Talk”