Got a BPS 410 headed my way

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Shellstuffer

Got a BPS 410 headed my way

Post by Shellstuffer »

I have been looking for another .410 or 20 gauge to add to my collection, and I saw today that there were several listed on gunbroker. Found one at a good price like I wanted and called my buddy that has a FFL and ordered it. It should be here early next week. I almost ordered one a couple of months ago when I got my Citori White Lightning. The next week there was nothing listed. Checked today, and several were listed. I guess another batch was released in the last few days, and I now have one headed my way.😬 can’t wait for my new BPS .410.
“Just a old fart, that likes the outdoors “ (and beer)
Riverrat

Re: Got a BPS 410 headed my way

Post by Riverrat »

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I know a guy that just recently purchased one and it shoots great.
Wasn't born, I was hatched!!!!!!!!!!!! and raised in Tennessee.
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Riverrat wrote: January 17th, 2023, 8:10 pm I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I know a guy that just recently purchased one and it shoots great.
After I got my Citori White Lightning .410 and patterned it, I was highly impressed. It is quite a bit better than any of my other .410’s including my Berretta 686. I also have several chokes that I have bought for my Citori that I haven’t even tried, so I should be good on them. The factory full extended works really good on my Citori, and being that they are the same, I think I have like 3 Briley’s ranging from extra full on down to Lt full. If they don’t work, I will rob the full out of my Citori. lol
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

My BPS micro shoots crazy good
Tad heavy compared to other 410’s but I carried mine all over the BlackHills

Try and buy all 3 Indiancreek chokes for it
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Hoobilly wrote: January 17th, 2023, 10:52 pm My BPS micro shoots crazy good

The one I bought is a micro 24” barrel. Did you buy the but pad spacers to increase the lop? I ain’t a big guy, and figured I would try it with the factory lop first, and then order them if needed. I seen Midwest Gun Works has both 1/2” and 1/4” in stock for $5 each.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Shellstuffer wrote: January 18th, 2023, 10:35 am

The one I bought is a micro 24” barrel. Did you buy the but pad spacers to increase the lop? I ain’t a big guy, and figured I would try it with the factory lop first, and then order them if needed. I seen Midwest Gun Works has both 1/2” and 1/4” in stock for $5 each.
Nope it fits me perfect while wearing a turkey vest

I used a Meadowcreekmounts with Burris FF4 on it

Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Hoobilly wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:23 pm

Good deal! I measured my T-Bolt target for lop while I was in my shop today, and it was 13 1/4”. I can’t see 1/4” making any difference to me, and I bet it will be just fine.
I did look over on the Indian Creek website, and currently they only have one size in stock. The Briley’s I have are.380, .385, and.388 measuring with a digital caliper. My factory full for my Citori measures .384”, and all are extended non ported. I am going to see how they do first, and if I ain’t happy I will catch them when they have them in stock and holler at you first before I order.
Thank you for your input Brice!👍
Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Shellstuffer wrote: January 18th, 2023, 7:29 pm

Good deal! I measured my T-Bolt target for lop while I was in my shop today, and it was 13 1/4”. I can’t see 1/4” making any difference to me, and I bet it will be just fine.
I did look over on the Indian Creek website, and currently they only have one size in stock. The Briley’s I have are.380, .385, and.388 measuring with a digital caliper. My factory full for my Citori measures .384”, and all are extended non ported. I am going to see how they do first, and if I ain’t happy I will catch them when they have them in stock and holler at you first before I order.
Midwest Turkey call supply has all three constrictions in stock.
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Riverrat wrote: January 18th, 2023, 7:43 pm
Shellstuffer wrote: January 18th, 2023, 7:29 pm

Midwest Turkey call supply has all three constrictions in stock.
Thanks for the heads up!👍
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

One of these days I may get my BPS. It’s day number 4 that it’s stranded at the FedEx terminal due to weather, and it’s 20 miles away.🤬
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Well after 8 days at the FedEx terminal 20 miles from me they decided it was safe to drive today, and I got my BPS micro Midas .410. 😬 By the time I got it and got all my crap done, I didn’t get a picture of it but I will tomorrow. It’s a sweet little gun, and the first thing I will work on tomorrow is the trigger. It’s not horrible, but a little lighter would be nice.
I was looking on gunbroker a couple of nights ago and saw that Reeds had 4 of the micro Midas 20 gauges listed at a very good price so I had my buddy order one of those to go along with the .410. I figure it will be in at the end of the week unless the weather screws with whoever delivers it.
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Ok, here’s the pictures after I got it all cleaned up and a trigger job done on it. I did add 1 spacer to the pad to increase the lop, and it seems to fit me really good. Also put a .385 extended Briley choke in it, and have a .380 and .388 to test. It actually has some decent wood on it as well.
F145F9F6-D455-4F42-85B8-FBAEE85D8A2B.jpeg
A0BCA74D-9DC9-4AA8-A087-0BCB5A57667F.jpeg
E2DA6EF1-5C6B-4394-9C39-758D3452BB06.jpeg
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

I should add that it came with two 1/4” spacers that you can increase the lop with.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I was wondering where you coming up with the spacer.
Nice looking shotgun, Mike!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Those are sharp
I think I have patterns posted about mine in the foxtrot forum

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Could I borrow it for a few days?
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Hognutz wrote: February 7th, 2023, 5:51 pm I was wondering where you coming up with the spacer.
Nice looking shotgun, Mike!
I knew you could buy spacers for it in both 1/4” and 1/2”, but didn’t know that it would come with two 1/4” spacers.
It sure made me happy to see that they included them with the gun, and for me just a single one which isn’t much made it fit me perfectly. I guess if the 20 gauge that I ordered just like it doesn’t come with the spacers, I will have one for it. lol. Don’t ask me why, but I love the little .410’s.🙂
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

429DBAB7-B614-4C08-872A-65785A54EC91.jpeg
47525531-97B7-47BF-B942-5413036980A7.jpeg
08495E74-3F52-40AD-8CAE-8D09D04A1E12.jpeg
16D428B6-C007-4F77-B212-BC29D2C2D102.jpeg
1B5A2021-4233-4815-85D0-67D7CB533D50.jpeg
I've got a few myself. I've got a Winchester 42 that I'm pretty proud of.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

By the way, Mike. Happy Birthday, Brother!!
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Hoobilly wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:00 pm Those are sharp
I think I have patterns posted about mine in the foxtrot forum
Being that you have one I can tell you a couple of tips to improve your trigger. 1, when you pull the trigger assembly out, there is a pin at the very back of the assembly. You will see that it retains a spring. Drive that pin far enough out so you can get the spring out. Get a ink pin spring that will fit in the hole and cut it to the same length and install it. Before you remove it with it not cocked feel the tension on the trigger, and then again after you replace the spring.
Also after replacing the spring point the assembly up and holding the trigger in the fired position, push the hammer into the cocked position. Then let off the trigger and make sure it resets. If it does your good to go on that part. The rest of Lightning the trigger entails a little smoothing and a slight changing of the angle on the hammer. Feel free to send me a pm and I can help walk you through it. The spring change alone may be all you want, and it’s easy to do and fully reversible. Also it’s completely safe. You can actually take that spring completely out and the trigger will reset unless it’s pointed up. Lol
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Hognutz wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:29 pm By the way, Mike. Happy Birthday, Brother!!
Thanks Mike!👍
Oh, you know how to make a grown man drool! Or at least make me drool! Just mention a model 42! I came close about a month ago to getting a new in the box 42 on gunbroker, but somebody else wanted it worse than I did. They are sweet.👍
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

It was made in 1954. The year I was born.
Makes it kinda special.
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Hognutz wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:07 pm It was made in 1954. The year I was born.
Makes it kinda special.
Yes sir!! It sure looks very nice, and I can tell you I would be proud to own it. It’s aged very well.🙂
Shellstuffer

Post by Shellstuffer »

Well I finally got my .410 BPS out today and shot a few patterns with it. I have been working on the butt stock the last couple of days to get it to fit me. Did a little sanding on it where it bolts to the receiver. I put a little more cast and drop on it, and it fits me really good. I also changed out the front bead with a Hiviz front sight. I used my best squirrel and rabbit lead loads for testing, and they worked as expected at 35 yards.Had a Briley’s 385 extended choke in it, and I am pretty sure it will stay. It patterns really close to my Browning Citori White Lightning .410 which has been my best pattering .410. Both of my Brownings shoots better lead patterns than my Beretta 686, Tristar Bristol, Savage 555, and Savage 24. I really think the longer forcing cone makes a difference in the .410.
Now it’s twin in a 20 gauge that I got Saturday and shot it yesterday hasn’t impressed me yet. I need to do a little more work on it and see how it does. If it doesn’t improve, it will probably find a new home. lol
The Showstopper...

Post by The Showstopper... »

Thats a beautiful little shotgun, I'm going to buy the bps .410 in the next few months to add to my stable. I'd rather the shorter barrel over the 26" but the 24" are hard to locate for me. Good luck with that gun this spring!
Am I the only one tired of the online whine-a-billy's?.........OGF.... :wave:

I am a proud member of the " Fringe Minority".......... :canada:

Pucker up Turdeau................and kiss my Lanark County Redneck Ass

Return to “Small Bore”