Indiana Deer Season

Everything pertaining to deer.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Indiana Deer Season

Post by Hoobilly »

cool story on this one..

hung a stand on a lil scrub island of trees on the rxr track at the old junkyard that I have been hunting since I was 14.

The junkyard owner died 6 years ago and the family sold the east side of the road to the farmer. Who lets me still hunt it. However with the cars gone and the brush bulldozed its not as good as it used to be.

Property east of that there used to be a fence row growed up and a small woods. all dozered and gone. So the deer hunters in the next property have a deer house and shoot everything. citidiots

So basically I hunt there and not expect to kill much of anything these days. I still waterfowl hunt the mudhole when it has enough water to attract puddle ducks and geese,

So i with a east wind I needed to hunt and that spot was really the only good spot for that wind, Got in around 4 and started glassing. I can see east 1500 yards, south 900 yards, north a mile. West about 500 yards. So if anything comes or goes I have a good chance of being ready.

aprox 4:30 2 shots popped off, then rapid fire about 6. I started glassing and watched a doe and buck run and the buck stopped, looked around and my thought was he didnt know where the shots came from. Then he fell over. My cousin lives 1/2 east of these jokers so I called him and asked him where he was. At home he replied. I asked him if he heard the machine gun go off? He didnt lol

so as I am talking to him i glass some more and the buck that citidiot shot is in the corn field on my farmers property. So i get off the phone and get down and start walking. ig dip in the field so when I walked over the hill and seen a buck hunched over I was like that buck got back up. The shooter was standing outside his hut and had his rifle up, I thought crap I am in the line of fire. He turned back around and ut the gun in his deer house. I was like??? So this buck which was hunched up circled around put his head down and started pawing.

I looked with my binocs and realized the buck the shooter shot was lying dead. This was another buck. I am only 100 yards away, buck is looking toeard the hut and the guy in the field

so I walk to my right so I can get a shot without flinging a round towards the other hunter. At this point the buck is looking at the other guy and decides to head back to the woods and angles hard left and quarting away. When I felt it was safe I sent the Wincherster deer season XP 150gn on hyperdrive and it entered about 2nd rib in and forward taking out the lungs.

went 20 and piled up.

Of course the other guy started screaming and yelling like I shot directly at him. He had his say and I told him his deer was on ground thats not his lease He then told me i best have permission.. To which I laughed at him and pointed at myself and said I better have permission??? I didnt feel like walking 1/2 mile to my truck and leaving mybuck a 100 yards away from him and his deer. I called my cousin back and told him i shot a devent one. He said he would be riht over. When my cousin showed up he knew the other hunter and basically told him to shut up and tag his deer and go home. Afterwards the other hunter came to me and apologized and said he frekaed out when he seen the ball of fire from my gun. He realized after that I didnt shoot towards him :LMAO:
My nephew killed his on another farm I hunt. He texted me I got one. I said send a picture. I then shot mine 10-15 minutes later and before he could send me a picture, I sent him one of mine lol
Now I am preparing to meet Doug aka Gobbler down at Tommys aka Shooter. Grabbing a trailer and a UTV Yamaha Viking and then heading to Kentucky to hunt 3 days. Hopefully kill a deent one on our property.,
Attachments
1D301FEF-345E-435F-BC85-5F325A4DA229.jpeg
3CC6780F-D5F5-47E2-8367-9703A1604392.jpeg
51718B17-85C3-413F-901B-B9855A6A2955.jpeg
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
TBoo

Re: Indiana Deer Season

Post by TBoo »

Congrats Brice and a great story. "Citidiots" :LMAO: If you don't mind, I'm going to use that from now on. Good luck and be safe with your travels.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

TBoo wrote: November 18th, 2022, 5:42 am Congrats Brice and a great story. "Citidiots" :LMAO: If you don't mind, I'm going to use that from now on. Good luck and be safe with your travels.
Use often!

I’ll try and do some Kentucky updates

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Couple of goods uns, congrats ! :thumbleft:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

I always said, deer season turns great guys into "ravin' idiots" ;) :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Great story and buck! Tell Doug and Tommy I said, HI.........Good Luck!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Congratulations Brice cool how it played out, ya both got a good scare.... You and I are both fortunate, when an altercation occurs most guys look at our intimidating stature and now down...
soiltester wrote: November 18th, 2022, 7:53 am I always said, deer season turns great guys into "ravin' idiots" ;) :LMAO:
Your from Michigan whole nother level... Citiotss, flatlanders, door slammers what ever ya call em...
Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Awesome job and great story with a good ending.
Wasn't born, I was hatched!!!!!!!!!!!! and raised in Tennessee.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:24 am Congratulations Brice cool how it played out, ya both got a good scare.... You and I are both fortunate, when an altercation occurs most guys look at our intimidating stature and now down...
soiltester wrote: November 18th, 2022, 7:53 am I always said, deer season turns great guys into "ravin' idiots" ;) :LMAO:
Your from Michigan whole nother level... Citiotss, flatlanders, door slammers what ever ya call em...
I just look them in the eye and laugh at them

Tall guys done intimidate me. Unless of course they are big enough to wrestle a bear. I still look them in the eye and laugh, but I’m not stupid enough to belittle them lol

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Well done!
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Neat story, Brice. Congrats on a great Indiana buck! Good luck in Kentucky.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

Congrats to the both of you! Seems like idiots abound in the deer woods these days.
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Nice one!!! I shoot that same 150 gr Winchester deer season out of my 350L. It’s because of the idiots you encountered that I’ve quit deer gun season on public land. Even private is becoming a headache in gun season. But I’ve got one doe tag left, and if I don’t put an arrow in one this week I’ll probably be out in gun season
firedup

Post by firedup »

Congrats on a nice one! Too bad on all the drama .... lol! Public or private it just seems the world gets a lot smaller during hunting season.
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Great buck and story
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Great story & great buck ! Good Luck & have fun in Kentucky ! Tell CROW hello !
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

vaturkey wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:31 pm Great story & great buck ! Good Luck & have fun in Kentucky ! Tell CROW hello !
Yessir will do!
Can’t wait!

Return to “Deer Hunting”