Old Mossberg 500 410 dot mount

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Cmonsta

Old Mossberg 500 410 dot mount

Post by Cmonsta »

Good morning,

I have an older 500 in 410 that I love. I love the wood on it and it’s smoother than the new ones. But I’ve never had much use for it, it’s a safe queen. I have a son who will be 5 this spring and 2 little girls on the way, so im hoping to turn this beauty into a turkey killing machine! It’s a factory full barrel, so I think I’ll have that threaded so it can take chokes. Doesn’t do bad the way it is, but could be better. Anyway, one of the other things I’d like is to have a Fast Fire on it for the kids. I think it would be better than a beed for them, and it’s how I like my gun.

Aside from a rib mount, anyone know of another mount option that will work? It’s obviously not drilled/tapped, and I’d rather the optic but father back. I’ll try to find a rib mount that works if there isn’t a better option, but figured it was worth asking. If you Google “Mossberg 500 410 optic mount” you get like a billion options, where most are for a 12g or the new turkey models. So I came here with hope you guys might have some ideas.

Thanks a ton in advance!!
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Old Mossberg 500 410 dot mount

Post by Turkinator »

Have it drilled and tapped.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Nothing wrong with a Meadow Creek Mount
Save you money on having drill n tap plus buying a EGW base.

Get with Rose Action Sports on the barrel choke tube work and hit me up for a Indiancreek if you need one
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Meadow creek i second that
Cmonsta

Post by Cmonsta »

Thank you guys. Guess I’ll give the MC mount a try. I just feel like I wouldn’t like it that far out. But I don’t mind it on a pistol, so maybe I’m just over thinking it lol.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Cmonsta wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:20 pm Thank you guys. Guess I’ll give the MC mount a try. I just feel like I wouldn’t like it that far out. But I don’t mind it on a pistol, so maybe I’m just over thinking it lol.
If my shotgun is drilled tapped I’ll do the EGW

But for anything else that’s not I’ll do the MCM. I’ve shot waterfowl and gobblers with the Burris mounted on the rib.

Saves you Money and it’s fluid on fast target acquisition
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Kylimblifter

Post by Kylimblifter »

I didn’t think I would like the sight mounted on the rib but tried it out on my wife’s .410 and actually love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldtom42

Post by oldtom42 »

Cmonsta wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:28 am Good morning,

I have an older 500 in 410 that I love. I love the wood on it and it’s smoother than the new ones. But I’ve never had much use for it, it’s a safe queen. I have a son who will be 5 this spring and 2 little girls on the way, so im hoping to turn this beauty into a turkey killing machine! It’s a factory full barrel, so I think I’ll have that threaded so it can take chokes. Doesn’t do bad the way it is, but could be better. Anyway, one of the other things I’d like is to have a Fast Fire on it for the kids. I think it would be better than a beed for them, and it’s how I like my gun.

Aside from a rib mount, anyone know of another mount option that will work? It’s obviously not drilled/tapped, and I’d rather the optic but father back. I’ll try to find a rib mount that works if there isn’t a better option, but figured it was worth asking. If you Google “Mossberg 500 410 optic mount” you get like a billion options, where most are for a 12g or the new turkey models. So I came here with hope you guys might have some ideas.

Thanks a ton in advance!!
There are several magnetic sights that you could try rather than going the permanent route. They work just fine on my Mossy 500.

Return to “Small Bore”