Over/under suggestions

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Skimerhorn

Over/under suggestions

Post by Skimerhorn »

I'm looking at getting a over/under for skeet and some upland hunting. This gun won't get used a ton so I don't need a really high end one. Just looking some of the ones that have my eye are the franchi instinct l, cz, and stevens 555. I don't know much about any of them. It will most likely be a 20 also. Just wondering what you guys recommend. Thanks
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Over/under suggestions

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I have got a couple Tristar 12 ga. O/U’s that I love, they are lite for being 12 gauges and handle very well. I bought them at Wally World 8 or 10 years ago and paid 360.00 apiece for them, not sure how much they have went up but I will say that the fit and finish is excellent.
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

If you want a great over under for the price I would go with Tristar if you want a nice side by side cz has nice ones!
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

A few guys around here have the Yildiz sold at Academy Sports and they speak highly of them as far as a budget O/U is concerned.
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

If you like compacts check out the 555

That would be a fun over under
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
cutt down

Post by cutt down »

The Franchi is a great gun & it uses mobil chokes. The CZ o/u's are nice & have a pretty wide range in price but some use mobil & some use the huglu thread pattern. The mobil is much easier to find chokes. Do you want extractors or ejectors? How much do you want to spend? I have an ATA Cavalry that is a super good buy for the money. It has ejectors too which I like. The Yildiz are highly thought of as well. Again, a wide range in price but a good bang for the buck, pun intended. I hear nothing but good things about the Yildiz. I have a Franchi o/u & it is a fine gun. You have choices but I'd try to find a store that has them & go shoulder each one you can. Find the one that fits you the best!
tracker8320

Post by tracker8320 »

I have a Stevens 555, 20 gauge and the POA was decent... I also have an NWTF Tristar camo upland 20 and POA was off a little, so I threw a Venom red dot on it with a Meadow creek rib mount. If you're going with a "cheaper" O/U, you want to be "concerned" about POA... I like the O/U for turkey hunting because of the choked different ranges, (shoe-top) 0-25 yards, 25-45 yards
Wounded big game tracker with dogs...
firedup

Post by firedup »

I cant speak to all the makers but I have a Tristar upland hunter in 20 ga that was priced right and is proving to be a nice gun for the $. Have buddies with the Yildiz and they really like them. I am also a CZ fan. Moderate $ and solid and well made. CZ also has a lot of models and options in various guages.

Return to “Gun Talk”