Food plot success

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Food plot success

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Samm4770 wrote: September 24th, 2022, 6:56 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: September 24th, 2022, 12:12 pm Just came in from spreading 120lbs of winter rye.... We had a freeze yesterday now a three day rain event.... Gonna be decent now for a week 60ish with lows in 40s....

Alot of guys plant their beginning of September here but that's to early gets tall and.stemmy

My food plot czar buddy gonna kill me... Kept saying anything but rye... It's a pia to take care of if you don't kill it early....
If you plant it they will come lol
Disagree cams been bad slow..... Normally there's no disturbance back there,now I'm screwing around so.much back there the deer are like "This used to be a quiet neighborhood" :LMAO:

Deer don't really come back here til mid to late October... My nieces in law's own the fields half mile north it's all in corn, we always have same deer on cam, they're all down there right now.... They need get chopping soon....

On a side note I'm pretty sure the neighbor between us shot one of the deer during youth season I was looking forward to seeing this year.... They shot a narrow 127" 7 point.... Haven't seen pics but had a buck last year I called blade buck... He was 3 a 7 last year, one side he only had brow and a G2 which was 12" and he was narrow, imagine it was him.... I know he made it through alst year as niee had him on cam after season all broken up....
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Food plot success

Post by Samm4770 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: September 24th, 2022, 8:18 pm
Samm4770 wrote: September 24th, 2022, 6:56 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: September 24th, 2022, 12:12 pm Just came in from spreading 120lbs of winter rye.... We had a freeze yesterday now a three day rain event.... Gonna be decent now for a week 60ish with lows in 40s....

Alot of guys plant their beginning of September here but that's to early gets tall and.stemmy

My food plot czar buddy gonna kill me... Kept saying anything but rye... It's a pia to take care of if you don't kill it early....
If you plant it they will come lol
Disagree cams been bad slow..... Normally there's no disturbance back there,now I'm screwing around so.much back there the deer are like "This used to be a quiet neighborhood" :LMAO:

Deer don't really come back here til mid to late October... My nieces in law's own the fields half mile north it's all in corn, we always have same deer on cam, they're all down there right now.... They need get chopping soon....

On a side note I'm pretty sure the neighbor between us shot one of the deer during youth season I was looking forward to seeing this year.... They shot a narrow 127" 7 point.... Haven't seen pics but had a buck last year I called blade buck... He was 3 a 7 last year, one side he only had brow and a G2 which was 12" and he was narrow, imagine it was him.... I know he made it through alst year as niee had him on cam after season all broken up....
I must of jinxed myself my cameras have been dead slow the last few days. I’m here in western New York and I see this every year once the acorns start falling the deer will hit them I will think they will be back in the plots heavy in a couple weeks

Return to “Gobbler Talk”