The nwtf good old days

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Roost 1

Re: The nwtf good old days

Post by Roost 1 »

Goodtimekiller wrote: July 24th, 2022, 5:54 pm
Roost 1 wrote:
Goodtimekiller wrote: July 24th, 2022, 4:46 pm All talk so much about TFT, i can’t even find a mission statement or vision on their website and the only way I see to join is buying chances on a raffle, remember local raffles you accused nwtf members of cheating on and now you jump on a national raffle?

TFT’s website basically says that they will use the money they have for studies their board picks and the study officials can’t use that money for anything other than exact specifics laid out in the study’s plan. There is no talk of local money coming back, more specifically i would expect the opposite as it looks like most of the money is only for research, that i can find.

Not to mention their board, i do not see a list of salaries provided.

So, everyone’s complaints about the nwtf seem to be expounded by TFT.

I am not bashing TFT just wondering how they answer the problems with nwtf posted here. Will someone break out for me a comparison of dollars raised, dollars matched and % that goes to salaries vs conservation of both groups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This might answer some of your questions….

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/t ... 179.0.html
#1 thus info should not be as hard to find as it is.
#2 still, no real vision or mission statement is present.
#3 so they plan on funding some studies and giving 80% of income to the studies, what about the other 20%?
#4 do you still have to join by entering a $75 raffle, i couldn’t find any other way.

Website and all answers are extremely vague. Can’t find any info on them on any org rating service as it says they have not submitted any info. If they are a year old they should have tax returns to submit. Not that anyone here cares but the nwtf is always rated b+ to a by the various org raters. Once again, nwtf is not perfect but they do put money towards furthering hunting, conservation, and turkey studies, namely over one half of a BILLION dollars towards conservation and research.

Apparently you didn’t read TFT post in its entirety. There is a link for membership right above the guys phone number to call him personally if you have “any” questions.

What exactly has NWTF done for Montgomery Co lately?

I’ve helped start up 2 local chapters, volunteered for many Jakes days, Women In Outdoors, Wheelin Sportsman, judged turkey calling contests, etc only to see thousands upon thousands of dollars raised and sent off to never be seen again. At one time we had one of the most profitable banquets in the state of KY. After the restoration was complete in our area (1997 or so), all we got was some seed and a couple acres of food plots on public land.
Please tell us what the NWTF is doing to help the decline in TN. TN season has been pushed back 3 weeks, and the limit cut in half. Apparently the flock in TN needs some help, right?
Last edited by Roost 1 on July 24th, 2022, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Goodtimekiller wrote: July 24th, 2022, 4:52 pm
Hoobilly wrote:
Goodtimekiller wrote: July 24th, 2022, 2:18 pm Sounds like a bunch of guys with hurt feelings that like to complain more than actual facts. Just what I can gather.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
Did you have facts to list? All i heard was so and so didn’t do things right and i never put myself out there to try and to do things right or correct them. People like to sit around and complain about things but never try to fix them, i wouldn’t expect anyone here to understand, this is the mecca of keyboard warriors.

“Oh they took away my forum that they were paying for and i had already quit giving money to support them, and never once volunteered for a banquet or jake’s event, i don’t know why they wouldn’t listen to my wants. Woe is me.”

:violent3:

You need a hug?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Goodtimekiller

Post by Goodtimekiller »

Roost 1 wrote:
Roost 1 wrote: This might answer some of your questions….

#3 so they plan on funding some studies and giving 80% of income to the studies, what about the other 20%?
#4 do you still have to join by entering a $75 raffle, i couldn’t find any other way.

Website and all answers are extremely vague. Can’t find any info on them on any org rating service as it says they have not submitted any info. If they are a year old they should have tax returns to submit. Not that anyone here cares but the nwtf is always rated b+ to a by the various org raters. Once again, nwtf is not perfect but they do put money towards furthering hunting, conservation, and turkey studies, namely over one half of a BILLION dollars towards conservation and research.

Apparently you didn’t read TFT post in its entirety. There is a link for membership right above the guys phone number to call him personally if you have “any” questions.

I’ve helped start up 2 local chapters, volunteered for many Jakes days, Women In Outdoors, Wheelin Sportsman, judged turkey calling contests, etc only to see thousands upon thousands of dollars raised and sent off to never be seen again. At one time we had one of the most profitable banquets in the state of KY. After the restoration was complete in our area (1997 or so), all we got was some seed and a couple acres of food plots on public land.
Please tell us what the NWTF is doing to help the decline in TN. TN season has been pushed back 3 weeks, and the limit cut in half. Apparently the flock in TN needs some help, right?
I did not read the entire post, i should not have to read a post on some small forum to get information on them.

Yes, click on the “join” button and get taken to a page of raffles, just wanted i wanted. Have to buy 3 tickets just to get a membership ($75btw). In recent years nwtf has given thousands of dollars in scholarship, put lights at boat ramps, added access to public land that was previously unaccessible, held and helped with several jakes events for kids of special forces members, turkey and deer hunts, camps, etc.

If your chapter dod not get money back, that is your fault. The committee is responsible for requesting money for projects. Imagine this, you dont have projects, nwtf diesnt just give you money to throw away. Bad management i guess? What has tft done in ky locally? I can’t see where they plan to ever do anything locally, so i guess in 5 years you will be complaining about them.

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Goodtimekiller wrote: July 24th, 2022, 7:16 pmIf tft is around in 30 years, maybe we’ll talk
I’ll go ahead and warn you, I’m probably going to say huh a lot more, but for a different reason.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Goodtimekiller

Post by Goodtimekiller »

Roost 1 wrote:
Roost 1 wrote: This might answer some of your questions….

The season has been pushed back and limit cut without any scientific dara to prove this even helps. No dara from any place that has pushed the season back has ever shown this to help or hurt polt recruitment. It is something the twra did based on what they felt was popular consensus. I believe we had a record or near record harvest again this year. So you tell me why twra did it?

Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

Man there is no raffle on either of the links I posted. Are you just here to stir the crap? They are fixing to start a project in KY, but I’m not gonna tell you about it. You can research it for yourself, I’ve given you the information.
Lol, not sure how boat ramps and lights help turkeys. Sounds like y’all had a bunch of bass fisherman finding ways to dip into the local turkey hunters pockets.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Roost 1 wrote: July 24th, 2022, 7:38 pm Man there is no raffle on either of the links I posted. Are you just here to stir the crap? They are fixing to start a project in KY, but I’m not gonna tell you about it. You can research it for yourself, I’ve given you the information.
Lol, not sure how boat ramps and lights help turkeys. Sounds like y’all had a bunch of bass fisherman finding ways to dip into the local turkey hunters pockets.
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I just got to point out to Shame Sykes that myself and May others on here didn’t need to take kids hunting by working the jakes thing for the nwtf. If I needed a pat on the back I guess I would’ve done a jakes event

All of you who take kids and others hunting regardless if it’s turkey deer ducks etc then my hats off to you

Mr Sykes
You need to calm down and relax. No one jokered you personally. Attacking others on here will get you sent on down the old dirt road so to speak

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Hoobilly wrote: July 24th, 2022, 9:43 pmI just got to point out to Shame Sykes that myself and Many others on here didn’t need to take kids hunting by working the jakes thing for the nwtf. If I needed a pat on the back I guess I would’ve done a jakes event

All of you who take kids and others hunting regardless if it’s turkey deer ducks etc then my hats off to you
:thumbup:
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

Hoobilly wrote: July 24th, 2022, 1:23 pm
Turkinator wrote: July 24th, 2022, 1:21 pm It doesn’t look like I’ll make it to Nashville next year either due to schedule. But I am hoping to make it to Unicoi
I’m gonna try to make it to Unicoi
Best call show anywhere! Be sure and stop by my table!
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Jamey wrote: July 25th, 2022, 10:05 am
Hoobilly wrote: July 24th, 2022, 1:23 pm
Turkinator wrote: July 24th, 2022, 1:21 pm It doesn’t look like I’ll make it to Nashville next year either due to schedule. But I am hoping to make it to Unicoi
I’m gonna try to make it to Unicoi
Best call show anywhere! Be sure and stop by my table!
What are the dates for the show ?
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

Jan 13 and 14 for Unicoi 2023
outlaw

Post by outlaw »

I was a member from 87 until 2010 they only care about collecting dues they have never done anything in my area to help with anything here except have banquets and fund raising where the money goes to big name hunting celebrities and certain areas that benefit their business
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

outlaw wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:11 pm I was a member from 87 until 2010 they only care about collecting dues they have never done anything in my area to help with anything here except have banquets and fund raising where the money goes to big name hunting celebrities and certain areas that benefit their business
Sounds about the same for everyone. I heard the same stories about the food plot seed or corn seed. Cant exactly remember. But nobody ever got any seed.
Its a shame
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Samm4770 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 5:04 pm
outlaw wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:11 pm I was a member from 87 until 2010 they only care about collecting dues they have never done anything in my area to help with anything here except have banquets and fund raising where the money goes to big name hunting celebrities and certain areas that benefit their business
Sounds about the same for everyone. I heard the same stories about the food plot seed or corn seed. Cant exactly remember. But nobody ever got any seed.
Its a shame
It’s a sham
Fixed it for you :LMAO:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”