870 field master

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
Skimerhorn

870 field master

Post by Skimerhorn »

Store near me has them in stock. They have 12 a d 20 gauge, even the 20 with 21in barrel. I'm gonna get down soon to check them out. Anybody on here got one or heard any reviews on them yet?
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: 870 field master

Post by Samm4770 »

I’ve seen pictures and read online about them and they look like a nice gun. Remington has been so hit or miss over the last 20 years not sure how they will perform
summitdogracing

870 field master

Post by summitdogracing »

My turkey gun of choice is a Remington 870. One nice thing about the 870 is that they are ubiquitous and are highly modifiable, which means one can find a different barrel length, stocks, rifled barrels for slugs, you name it. I have a red dot on mine.

If one wants to use 3.5” shells then a Super Mag is the 870 of choice.
wv mossy oak

Post by wv mossy oak »

I looked at one a few months back, to me they look more like an Express with walnut wood, I don't mean that as to down grade the Express because they are a fine gun just made for a price point gun. A 20 gauge Express around here in nice condition will bring 450 on the used market. I have had many Wingmasters through the years and they are a fine shotgun, I'm sure the Field Master will be a fine shotgun as well.
"Mountaineers Are Always Free"
Rick62

Post by Rick62 »

I agree, the Express are good guns at a good price and the Wingmasters are also great. I'm sure the Field Master will be a good shotgun too.
My website here
Gooserbat

Post by Gooserbat »

I looked at one and to me it was a new take on the SPS of the late 1980s. I would like to know if they skipped the final honing of the barrel like they did on the express vs the wingmaster and SPS. It was a cost savings tool that most people didn't realize wasn't done and that's why so many cheaper 870s had rough bores.
Momma did you hear that gooserbat?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Gooserbat wrote: February 6th, 2023, 7:08 am I looked at one and to me it was a new take on the SPS of the late 1980s. I would like to know if they skipped the final honing of the barrel like they did on the express vs the wingmaster and SPS. It was a cost savings tool that most people didn't realize wasn't done and that's why so many cheaper 870s had rough bores.
If the note is good they will be excellent Turkey shooting rigs
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Big Bore”