Dixon Vest on ebay

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Dixon Vest on ebay

Post by Hoobilly »

jsh909 wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 7:42 pm What is the draw that makes people pay 150 plus dollars on a vest? Is it simply to hang up as a collectors item or are they being used to hunt?

Not at all being a smart ass,
Honest question guys, I have never been disappointed in any vest I have owned and don't believe any topped the 50 dollar mark. Just curious and by all means to each their own. Do whatever makes you happy with the money you earn.
I own 2 Dixon vests. Just got the Sitka. The sitka with a few improvements will be a winner.

Back to the Dixon. I wear #238 and it shows. Won’t ever sell it. Bought another on eBay over a year ago without the seat for $600. That’s when those vests were selling at 1500-2000 with a seat. Now they are hitting 3k. Anyone who didn’t see the collectibility with only 1986 of them being made and the reason why just don’t get it period
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

All for a vest lol.
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Hoobilly wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 9:34 pm
jsh909 wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 7:42 pm What is the draw that makes people pay 150 plus dollars on a vest? Is it simply to hang up as a collectors item or are they being used to hunt?

Honest question guys, I have never been disappointed in any vest I have owned and don't believe any topped the 50 dollar mark. Just curious and by all means to each their own. Do whatever makes you happy with the money you earn.
I own 2 Dixon vests. Just got the Sitka. The sitka with a few improvements will be a winner.

Back to the Dixon. I wear #238 and it shows. Won’t ever sell it. Bought another on eBay over a year ago without the seat for $600. That’s when those vests were selling at 1500-2000 with a seat. Now they are hitting 3k. Anyone who didn’t see the collectibility with only 1986 of them being made and the reason why just don’t get it period
Right on man, I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. Sorry if it came across that way. So most of it comes from a collectiblity aspect then, which is what I had mostly assumed. I will agree with you though that the Dixon is its own animal, I was more referring to seeing Primos vests etc... Going at prices in the 5-800 dollar range.

In that respect you are 100 percent correct, I don't get it
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

jsh909 wrote: June 24th, 2022, 3:58 am

Right on man, I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. Sorry if it came across that way. So most of it comes from a collectiblity aspect then, which is what I had mostly assumed. I will agree with you though that the Dixon is its own animal, I was more referring to seeing Primos vests etc... Going at prices in the 5-800 dollar range.

I’m not ruffled lol
Was just saying. Some people get it while others don’t

gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

at least you use yours
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

gaswamp wrote: June 24th, 2022, 6:26 am at least you use yours
I didn’t like turkey vests until I tried this one on. Soon as it was on my shoulders I bought it. I used a few years ago and went to a run n gun belt. My son still has that one. But the Dixon was absolutely perfect. There’s a couple things I would change and one is the box call holder and I would make the inside pockets waterproof

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hoobilly wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 3:23 pm
dsunday wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 1:52 pm Are people buying these to resell later? Speculation as the recession nears? :dontknow:
Just like box calls and trumpets
Beardbuster?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 24th, 2022, 9:52 am
dsunday wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 1:52 pm Are people buying these to resell later? Speculation as the recession nears? :dontknow:
Beardbuster?
I recall you used one also

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hoobilly wrote: June 24th, 2022, 10:13 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 24th, 2022, 9:52 am

Beardbuster?
Yeah no clue where it's at.... Nice lil belt.... Check for me will the mesh holders hold mouth calls snug....

On the ol Tom shirts I think that's the most genius part besides the bungee locator holders... If it does may order another...

Surprised Beardbuster didn't come out with and or market there stuff better
Shawnee Cowboy

Post by Shawnee Cowboy »

He should keep the vest and forget the girlfriend... IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 24th, 2022, 11:40 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 24th, 2022, 9:52 am Beardbuster?
Yeah no clue where it's at.... Nice lil belt.... Check for me will the mesh holders hold mouth calls snug....

On the ol Tom shirts I think that's the most genius part besides the bungee locator holders... If it does may order another...

I agree
They made good stuff. If I remember correctly I bought mine from Midwestturkeycallsupply

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Hoobilly wrote: June 24th, 2022, 6:14 am
jsh909 wrote: June 24th, 2022, 3:58 am

I’m not ruffled lol
Was just saying. Some people get it while others don’t
Ok good deal brother

Yea to each their own I get that part, everyone has their own interests. I collect things I am sure others don't get either, was just curious
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Hoobilly wrote: June 24th, 2022, 1:41 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 24th, 2022, 11:40 am

I agree
They made good stuff. If I remember correctly I bought mine from Midwestturkeycallsupply
That's where I got mine from also. Beardbuster made excellent stuff. My vest is actually from them.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I think if beardbuster came out now they might actually do better than back in the day. Social media etc does crazy things for the turkey hunting community.

So different than years ago

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Yea, no question about that. I notice it in deer hunting as well.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”