Rossi tuffy.410 ejection issue

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
wvhunter74

Rossi tuffy.410 ejection issue

Post by wvhunter74 »

I just bought this gun and every time the shell won’t eject. I have to take a cleaning rod to knock it out. I’m shooting one Hal’s loads but when I shoot factory shell it works just fine. I polished the barrel but not the chamber so if anybody has any ideas please let me know. Thanks
wvhunter74

Re: Rossi tuffy.410 ejection issue

Post by wvhunter74 »

I loaded some with 296 powder and it worked great but mp300 powder swells the hull to where I have to knock it out. I use mp300 in my savage 301 and it ejects fine.
huntin

Post by huntin »

I had the same problem. Eventually Rossi replaced my Tuffy but it was a long drawn out process. The problem is an oversize chamber that allows the brass to expand into the space behind the ejector, effectively locking the hull n the chamber.
If you decide to send your gun back to Rossi, let me know and I'll send you more information about the process.
ToolboxTom

Post by ToolboxTom »

huntin wrote: June 5th, 2022, 7:48 am I had the same problem. Eventually Rossi replaced my Tuffy but it was a long drawn out process. The problem is an oversize chamber that allows the brass to expand into the space behind the ejector, effectively locking the hull n the chamber.
If you decide to send your gun back to Rossi, let me know and I'll send you more information about the process.
I'll take you up on the inside info on working with Rossi. Same ejection issues here.
Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

wvhunter74 wrote: June 4th, 2022, 4:15 pm I just bought this gun and every time the shell won’t eject. I have to take a cleaning rod to knock it out. I’m shooting one Hal’s loads but when I shoot factory shell it works just fine. I polished the barrel but not the chamber so if anybody has any ideas please let me know. Thanks
Are you using a Cheddite hull? If so the Cheddites are a few thousands bigger (O.D.) on brass than fio. My pointer doesn’t like Cheddite hulls. You can take a brand new hull and place it in the chamber before loading the hull and if it’s snug it will not eject after firing. I have to size ched hulls before loading or my pointer 410 will not eject fired hull.
Wasn't born, I was hatched!!!!!!!!!!!! and raised in Tennessee.

Return to “Gun Talk”