Nomad Bull Lounger Vest Review?

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
doc1059

Nomad Bull Lounger Vest Review?

Post by doc1059 »

Anyone have the Nomad Bull Lounger Vest they can provide feedback on? Specifically looking for the comfort of the aluminum frame to be able to set up away from a tree and overall vest comfort/weight of the vest?
RBMTDJager

Re: Nomad Bull Lounger Vest Review?

Post by RBMTDJager »

Anyone feel free to correct me if I error, but I believe this vest's seat dose NOT collapse like other designs and the support system remains in a permanently deployed state and the ad doesn't specify so I will also go out on a limb here and say the support system has no capability to be adjusted to compensate for sitting on an incline or decline. I owned a similar designed vest that I can not recall the name of at this particular moment. Its frame was made out of hardened stainless steel tubing and worked very well, that is until I bent it and it would no longer support me.

Only complaint I had was as the back support system was not adjustable and siting on anything more than a very gentile incline or decline didn't work at all well.

I will be the first to admit I am a tall bigger guy who's weight fluxgates between 255 and 270 so I'm sure that was the primary cause for bending the support tubing. My point being for $250 if I were a big guy like me I'd make absolute certain it will handle my weight before I bought it and unless I'm wrong take into account it's support system is not adjustable and will that cause enough issues to be a deal breaker.
Eagle-Dawgs

Post by Eagle-Dawgs »

Is it really worth $250 ????
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

To each their own, but I paid less than that for my 870.

For 20 bucks you could get a gobbler lounger from Walmart that has a shoulder strap or throw it in the rear pouch of your vest.

Not trying to talk you out of it at all. It's your money, enjoy it as you see fit. I will say however it doesn't look comfortable and looks cumbersome to wear around, but I have zero hands on experience so take that with a grain of salt.
WestKYkid

Post by WestKYkid »

Hop on youtube on Blue Collar Outdoors page. He recently just did an in depth review of this vest! Hope this helps.
patternfreak

Post by patternfreak »

RBMTDJager wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 12:57 am Anyone feel free to correct me if I error, but I believe this vest's seat dose NOT collapse like other designs and the support system remains in a permanently deployed state and the ad doesn't specify so I will also go out on a limb here and say the support system has no capability to be adjusted to compensate for sitting on an incline or decline. I owned a similar designed vest that I can not recall the name of at this particular moment. Its frame was made out of hardened stainless steel tubing and worked very well, that is until I bent it and it would no longer support me.

Only complaint I had was as the back support system was not adjustable and siting on anything more than a very gentile incline or decline didn't work at all well.

I will be the first to admit I am a tall bigger guy who's weight fluxgates between 255 and 270 so I'm sure that was the primary cause for bending the support tubing. My point being for $250 if I were a big guy like me I'd make absolute certain it will handle my weight before I bought it and unless I'm wrong take into account it's support system is not adjustable and will that cause enough issues to be a deal breaker.
Your assumptions would not be correct. I do not own one but have watched several videos on them. The frame has two knobs you loosen and tighten to adjust its angle for sitting on an incline or decline.

Also, the frame is fully collapsible to sit flush with your back and not protrude outwards while walking.

I have the alps outdoors vest with the frame and I like it, but it I find it very hard to get the cushion under me when sitting down, and the magnets that hold the cushion up while moving don't hold worth a dang while walking fast or over terrain.

I also hate extending the arms to sit on an incline, the nuts that adjust the tension always loosen up and collapse when you lean back on it.

I've had my eye on the nomad vest for awhile now, I think I much prefer its frame design and it will be much easier and more reliable to adjust for sitting on grades. The cushion naturally falls under you when sitting down too. You can also get that vest for $125 using the code Osceola50 at checkout
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

Not much to add here..I tried one on just because I could..why not right..anyway the way I hunt and that vest do not mix well..I like the feature of just being able to just sit down and gun up but the extra weight not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
patternfreak

Post by patternfreak »

I can't find anything on nomad's website about its weight. You would think they would publish the specs.....

My alps vest with the frame is 7lb 2oz. Amazon says the shipping weight of the nomad vest is 3.25kg (7.17 lb) so I'm guessing the nomad vest with frame weighs about the same as the alps
Papawx6

Post by Papawx6 »

I found one on sale at Rogerssportinggoods.com for $130. So far I really like the vest. I used a Grand Slam vest for the last couple of years, but didn’t like the legs. I like how the support part folds flat when you don’t need it and you can still use the huge game bag! The only issue I’ve had with it is the stitching on the buckles at the seat cushion have started to fail. I contacted Nomad and because I bought it somewhere else, they wouldn’t outright replace it but they have me the value in store credit!
joshua

Post by joshua »

Bought one when they first came out. Took the frame out immediately and still didn’t like the comfort of the vest. I use a lounger 99% of the time so I’m not worried about a few extra pounds. I take the cushion off of every vest I’ve had since I’ve been using the chair. I returned the vest after only a couple days of trying it on in the house.
ShortMagFan

Post by ShortMagFan »

I recently bought both the Killin’ Time and MG Nomad vests during a 40pct off sale on their website. I’ve received the MG best and really like it though have not loaded it down with my gear yet. Have not received the Killin’ Time best yet but am curious to see how I like the stadium seat option.
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

My vest doesn't weigh 7lbs full without water and food! rarely carry a chair but if I do mine is sub 2lbs(Lafuma low chair) RNG 200 is light, which is why I bought it!

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”