Remington 870 410 Turkey

the best TSS shot shell ammo made in USA
Foxtrotammo.com
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Remington 870 410 Turkey

Post by Hoobilly »

Shot patterns yesterday with all 3 Indiancreek chokes and 2 loads.
I have to shoot one more load through all 3, then will post up the pictures of all to show how the 410’s need to be shot with all 3 chokes to get that perfect pattern from each individual load.

Lot of work, but it’s worth it when you want the best possible pattern that can be achieved in a gun.
Attachments
65AFCC2C-C6C7-4CF0-A18F-1BB851E33814.jpeg
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Remington 870 410 Turkey

Post by Hoobilly »

Sneak peak
Not yet counted but you’ll get an idea
Attachments
B70A392B-4470-4546-98FF-2977E8A3E199.jpeg

huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

Sweet lookin gun that's a shooter!
Skimerhorn

Post by Skimerhorn »

Nice gun and sweet pattern.
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Sweet 410
Mike
The Showstopper...

Post by The Showstopper... »

Did you drill and install a swivel stud in stock? It looks like you have a swivel on your cap? Did you polish the barrel,or just clean it? How did it shoot with stock turkey choke? I am waiting for the same gun to arrive in a few days.

I only have access to fed tss 9's and I am having a hard time deciding on an aftermarket turkey choke as I can't find a IC .390 anywhere. I am leaning towards a Jebs or a Comp n choke .Nice gun and nice pattern!

If i could buy Foxtrot ammo up here in Ontario. I would! But our selection is a complete joke.
Am I the only one tired of the online whine-a-billy's?.........OGF.... :wave:

I am a proud member of the " Fringe Minority".......... :canada:

Pucker up Turdeau................and kiss my Lanark County Redneck Ass
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

The Showstopper... wrote: March 9th, 2022, 7:33 pm Did you drill and install a swivel stud in stock? It looks like you have a swivel on your cap? Did you polish the barrel,or just clean it? How did it shoot with stock turkey choke? I am waiting for the same gun to arrive in a few days.

I only have access to fed tss 9's and I am having a hard time deciding on an aftermarket turkey choke as I can't find a IC .390 anywhere. I am leaning towards a Jebs or a Comp n choke .Nice gun and nice pattern!

If i could buy Foxtrot ammo up here in Ontario. I would! But our selection is a complete joke.
I bought this gun new
Didn’t shoot it and traded it off. The owner then offered it back here for sale. I bought it back.

He installed the swivel set. No idea if he had ever polished the barrel or not. However after getting a base line with all 3 Indiancreek chokes and my ammo with just using a boresnake one pass between shots, I’ll be polishing this barrel and then swing how it does after it’s warmed up. Beat so far is 174 or 178 off the top of my head.

Hopefully soon it will be warm enough to really see what it will do

I did notice it’s got a problem taking a shell and pushing it up to feed into chamber. I’ll have to take it to my smith and have him fix it

The Showstopper...

Mine should be delivered today or tomorrow. I was thinking of ordering an aftermarket choke for Fed tss 9's and I was not going to drill and add a sling swivel but I think I will end up doing it.

I wanted this gun for 2 years,if you think they are pricey in the USA, you would faint when you found out the cost up here under the useless liberal dictator turdeau.

Id love to shoot your ammo in 20 & .410 but I have a choice of Federal....or Federal in tss. And we stuck in the 1980's with what size shot and gauges we can hunt wild turkey with. But I will be carrying it on any trip I make down south in the future.

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

The Showstopper... wrote: March 10th, 2022, 9:20 am Mine should be delivered today or tomorrow. I was thinking of ordering an aftermarket choke for Fed tss 9's and I was not going to drill and add a sling swivel but I think I will end up doing it.

I wanted this gun for 2 years,if you think they are pricey in the USA, you would faint when you found out the cost up here under the useless liberal dictator turdeau.

Id love to shoot your ammo in 20 & .410 but I have a choice of Federal....or Federal in tss. And we stuck in the 1980's with what size shot and gauges we can hunt wild turkey with. But I will be carrying it on any trip I make down south in the future.
AdrianHare has me ship ammo to his buddy in Florida so he has it when he head down there from Canada.

He also was wanting any useful info on helping to get Canada to change and update their laws

The Showstopper...

I met Adrian about 12-13 years ago in Carp,Ontario as he was giving a seminar for quaker boy I think at the time.

We have friends & Family in Michigan, New York,Pa and Nebraska.

I figure when we go on trips,hopefully starting again next spring to just stop and buy ammo,that's what we have done for years,then we just leave it with our friends or with the outfitter for his kids etc as we don't bring it back over border.

The Showstopper...

My gun arrived earlier, the barrel was filthy, I gave it a good cleaning,took the base off and re loctited it and snugged it back up. I am waiting on 5 boxes of tss,I am going to put a red dot on it and order at least 1 aftermarket choke before I shoot it. I am not sold on the slip on sling I have from Butler creek, so i am going to have to figure out another way to add a sling. I have some paracord on the way to work on an idea I have but overall, the gun is smooth and feels pretty good.

I hope It patterns without to much of a headache. I have shot and owned lots of single shot .410's and killed hundreds of grouse but It feels weird with a minitaure turkey gun, like it is made for midgets, or as I call my friend "King of the Little people" I can see how so many are going to these if legal and can get great patterns to 45ish yards, It is a easy decision.

I am not sure how I didn't find this forum until 2018,as I have been a member of the "other" one for a decade now.

Thanks for the help getting back on to this forum and I hope do be able to do business with you in the future!!
Attachments
20220311_124849.jpg
20220311_124842.jpg
20220311_124859.jpg

The Showstopper...

I have decided to get the gun drilled for a sling on the synthetic stock,I dropped it off yesterday and I already installed the sling swivel on the mag cap. I ordered the items I needed for a deep clean and to polish,the barrel is filthy straight from the factory, I purchased a Rem 20 1187 youth new 6 weeks ago and It is the same. I plan on cleaning it and getting barrel perfect before I shoot, and I figured I may as well shoot stock choke 1-2 before I order a choke, as I am in no rush to get this gun setup and I'll work on it all summer.I'll make sure to call on a Tuesday!

Return to “Fox Trot Ammo”