Sitka turkey vest

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Sitka turkey vest

Post by Hoobilly »

PaLmbHngr wrote: March 21st, 2022, 9:06 am For anyone that has one or seen in person, do you think it would be a good hot weather vest? Thanks.
will be perfect for hot weather
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
PaLmbHngr

Post by PaLmbHngr »

Thanks!
253shotgunner

Post by 253shotgunner »

I pulled the trigger and ordered this vest. I harvested my first turkey wearing sitka subalpine camo so I have a soft spot for their gear. 253sg
gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

Dtrkyman wrote: February 18th, 2022, 12:06 pm Looks like the timber pattern on that one, saw sub alpine on another. I was hoping for some turkey specific new pattern.

gaswamp probably typed that reply on an over priced Asian product. Sitka may be put together over seas but their quality has been fantastic for me.

Not really looking for a new vest but I would like to see a detailed breakdown on it, not even on Sitka's site yet and youtube has no coverage of the convention at all that I can find.
the vest does look nice just not $250 nice for me
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

I am out at 250 as well, just busting balls gaswamp. I have a Sitka account and get a really good discount, but not getting one this year and not before getting my hands on one!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Hey, I say go for it.....it's not costing me anything, so if you can afford it, buy what you want! I'm sure it will be a good vest!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

Any updates on how y’all like the Sitka vest? I have fell in love with the subalpine pattern. I know the turkeys don’t give a crap but I sure like the looks of it.
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

I guess I’ll see for myself went and picked one up before work today.
Blackduck

Post by Blackduck »

I'm a kitchen sink kind of guy. I have handled the Sitka vest, well made, my local shop has them hanging up for sale, but it won't carry enough for me. I bet my vest is easily 30 pounds when loaded to hunt.

Sitka is good gear, I have a good bit, but I won't be getting one of these vests. It does look to be one of the less hot options out there.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Blackduck wrote: March 29th, 2022, 11:57 pm I'm a kitchen sink kind of guy. I have handled the Sitka vest, well made, my local shop has them hanging up for sale, but it won't carry enough for me. I bet my vest is easily 30 pounds when loaded to hunt.

Sitka is good gear, I have a good bit, but I won't be getting one of these vests. It does look to be one of the less hot options out there.
Heck yeah, another kitchen sink guy............welcome to the club!!!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
sasquatch

Sitka turkey vest

Post by sasquatch »

Blackduck wrote:I'm a kitchen sink kind of guy. I have handled the Sitka vest, well made, my local shop has them hanging up for sale, but it won't carry enough for me. I bet my vest is easily 30 pounds when loaded to hunt.

Jesus, I’d need wheels on it to tote that around with me how I hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
duckslut

Post by duckslut »

So let's hear some feedback on thoughts of this vest. I have the opportunity to buy one at significant discount . Just hesitant at the moment because I don't need another turkey vest laying on the shelf I won't use.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

duckslut wrote: June 27th, 2022, 8:16 am So let's hear some feedback on thoughts of this vest. I have the opportunity to buy one at significant discount . Just hesitant at the moment because I don't need another turkey vest laying on the shelf I won't use.
Buy it

I think it needs a few improvements

But for a run n gun vest it’s perfect. I really like how easy it is to adjust for proper fitment. The seat adjustment is about as perfect as can be for turkey hunting. That’s the one thing I absolutely love about it

duckslut

Post by duckslut »

Hoobilly wrote: June 27th, 2022, 9:21 am
duckslut wrote: June 27th, 2022, 8:16 am So let's hear some feedback on thoughts of this vest. I have the opportunity to buy one at significant discount . Just hesitant at the moment because I don't need another turkey vest laying on the shelf I won't use.
Buy it

But for a run n gun vest it’s perfect. I really like how easy it is to adjust for proper fitment. The seat adjustment is about as perfect as can be for turkey hunting. That’s the one thing I absolutely love about it
The cushion has me hesitant because of the size of it I prefer a large seat.. I'm not the skinny one so fit is a concern too. Wish they had them in stores around here to try before I buy.
I'm undecided between nomad again or tidwe or alps and sitka
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

duckslut wrote: June 27th, 2022, 10:22 am
Buy it

The cushion has me hesitant because of the size of it I prefer a large seat.. I'm not the skinny one so fit is a concern too. Wish they had them in stores around here to try before I buy.
The cushion is not large in area, and also not very thick. That said, it is very comfortable to sit on. It doesn't go flat like the Nomad or Alps. It is the best run and gun vest I have tried. It has an insane price tag, but if you get a discount like I did it is worth it. Leaps and bounds better build quality than Nomad. If you carry a lot of stuff, the Alps Grand Slam would be my choice.
duckslut

Post by duckslut »

el diablo wrote: June 27th, 2022, 12:27 pm
duckslut wrote: June 27th, 2022, 10:22 am

Buy it

The cushion is not large in area, and also not very thick. That said, it is very comfortable to sit on. It doesn't go flat like the Nomad or Alps. It is the best run and gun vest I have tried. It has an insane price tag, but if you get a discount like I did it is worth it. Leaps and bounds better build quality than Nomad. If you carry a lot of stuff, the Alps Grand Slam would be my choice.
Does it stay upright if you ditch it against the tree to sit and have free range of motion without it on your shoulders?
I feel like it's going to be a skinny boy vest like the rest of sitka stuff that's athletic fit. I just need to find a retailer at this point local that has them to really get a feel for it. I've wasted enough money this spring on stuff I ended up not liking.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

duckslut wrote: June 27th, 2022, 12:57 pm Does it stay upright if you ditch it against the tree to sit and have free range of motion without it on your shoulders?
I feel like it's going to be a skinny boy vest like the rest of sitka stuff that's athletic fit. I just need to find a retailer at this point local that has them to really get a feel for it. I've wasted enough money this spring on stuff I ended up not liking.
I havent had to ditch this vest to shoot with, but i think it would stand up more so than some other vests i have used.

Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

alex_sebh wrote: February 8th, 2023, 10:16 am Anyone tried an Alps vest before? There’s a couple highlighted at https://southeasternbowhunting.com/best ... ging-toms/. A few on that list have legs. Do the legs get in the way if you’re not using them or do they tuck in when you’re walking?
I've a friend that likes the grand slam but removed the legs. He doesn't need them and they are heavy.
so.illhunter88

Post by so.illhunter88 »

Does anyone have a picture of video of how the turkey tote is suppose to work? I watched a video a while back on it but can't find it. I have an idea in my head, but just curious on how it was designed to work. Thanks.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”