COVID VACCINE!

A place for you health nuts and slackers to share your tips on staying in shape for seasons to come.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

COVID VACCINE!

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I'm not trying to start a huge debate or argument, just wanted to have some open dialogue on the vaccines that's rolling out. I received the first of two Moderna shots on Monday. So far no side effects, just a mildly sore arm and maybe a minor headache, but nothing major. I guess the tracking microchip in it is working :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: COVID VACCINE!

Post by Hognutz »

I had one last week. Now one of my nuts is bigger than the other two! :dontknow:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Camoman, got my first on Saturday. Sore arm for 2 days but that's it. Second dose due on the 30th. Have been working 14 hr days at a vaccination site as EMS standby. So far only 2 Anaphylactic reactions, both patients had extensive prior histories with previous vaccinations. Several complained of feeling "different and a little off" after the vaccination but refused any medical treatment. Seems it didn't matter if they recieved the Pfizer or Moderna dose. Hoping the Veterinarian will remove the tail I started to grow
though !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Hognutz wrote: January 6th, 2021, 11:50 am I had one last week. Now one of my nuts is bigger than the other two! :dontknow:
Good for you Hog........I wasn't gonna mention the third one I am growing!
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

CamoMan4025 wrote: January 6th, 2021, 4:56 pm
Hognutz wrote: January 6th, 2021, 11:50 am I had one last week. Now one of my nuts is bigger than the other two! :dontknow:
Good for you Hog........I wasn't gonna mention the third one I am growing!
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
aristico

Post by aristico »

I took it....grew back the pair my wife took....
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

:LMAO:

Has anyone heard from the you g nurse who was the first to take it and passed out???? Some says she died
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I'm both for it and against it. If I'm amongst folks whom.are for, I'm against, if they're against, it's a modern day miracle to me. Keeps it interesting
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Whew, with what's been said here MMMMMMMMM .. I'm a' gonna' wait when it is available here, and then see what all the side effects really are :LMAO:

Do they have any or enough proof to really know it works yet?? :banghead: :roll: :slap:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

There's risk with any vaccine. Plenty of data of people being harmed by vaccines that were soundly developed. This one isn't necessary. So don't take the risk.
aristico

Post by aristico »

howl wrote: January 7th, 2021, 6:51 pm There's risk with any vaccine. Plenty of data of people being harmed by vaccines that were soundly developed. This one isn't necessary. So don't take the risk.
And a million times more that weren't....
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I listened to an interesting discussion about why the anti-vaxers have such a large audience of believers. When a child dies of a vaccination reaction, it gets widespread attention through the well-financed movement and social media. When a family is vaccinated and doesn't suffer from reaction or get infected with the illness the vaccine is designed to protect, it's not news. A family member was involved in a vaccine litigation as attorney for the parents of a severely injured child and was successful with the special vaccine court set up in DC to handle such cases. I am on the list to receive the vaccine and I don't care if it is administered with blowgun darts, BB gun, paint gun, needles, daggers or swords, I am going to get it. I have known a handful of people who have died from the virus as well as many more who didn't have serious issues with it. My wife is in essential services and received the first of the Moderna shots Wednesday.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

GLS wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:27 am I listened to an interesting discussion about why the anti-vaxers have such a large audience of believers. When a child dies of a vaccination reaction, it gets widespread attention through the well-financed movement and social media. When a family is vaccinated and doesn't suffer from reaction or get infected with the illness the vaccine is designed to protect, it's not news. A family member was involved in a vaccine litigation as attorney for the parents of a severely injured child and was successful with the special vaccine court set up in DC to handle such cases. I am on the list to receive the vaccine and I don't care if it is administered with blowgun darts, BB gun, paint gun, needles, daggers or swords, I am going to get it. I have known a handful of people who have died from the virus as well as many more who didn't have serious issues with it. My wife is in essential services and received the first of the Moderna shots Wednesday.
I'm not and never have been an anti-vaxer and as a kid, believe I had all the childhood diseases one could get, on a rural country farm, in Michigan's Thumb.
I'm all for essential workers and older people getting the 2 shot's first. :thumbup:
My thoughts are, by the time there's enough vaccine in my area so I don't have to stand in line to receive the 1st shot, there are enough people over the U.S. that have had both shots and "in fact" been in contact with infected people and not come down with covid. ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

aristico wrote: January 7th, 2021, 10:44 pm
howl wrote: January 7th, 2021, 6:51 pm There's risk with any vaccine. Plenty of data of people being harmed by vaccines that were soundly developed. This one isn't necessary. So don't take the risk.
Lots of people jump off bridges without injury.
aristico

Post by aristico »

howl wrote: January 8th, 2021, 4:54 pm
aristico wrote: January 7th, 2021, 10:44 pm
B
Lots of people jump off bridges without injury.
Talk about apples and oranges.....you dont want to take it fine good for you but who are to tell anyone else not to?
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

I was on the side of probably not taking it. Then I caught COVID before Christmas. 17 days of fever and being as sick as I've ever been. I wasn't on death's doorstep, but I'm pretty sure i sat on his porch a couple of days. Taking a shower requires rest before I can do anything else. I'm very weak and tire extremely easily even with oxygen and breathing treatments. I fear this could take a few months to get past.
They say you can catch this again and I'll danged sure take a shot before i go through this mess again.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
doctorlongbeard

Post by doctorlongbeard »

I’m an Emergency Physician. Just got the second dose of Pfizer. In my mind, it’s worth the infinitesimal risk of an adverse reaction. This virus is tearing families and normal life as we know it apart. It’s the best shot we have at getting ahead of it without going back to shutting down completely.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

doctorlongbeard wrote: January 9th, 2021, 10:56 pm I’m an Emergency Physician. Just got the second dose of Pfizer. In my mind, it’s worth the infinitesimal risk of an adverse reaction. This virus is tearing families and normal life as we know it apart. It’s the best shot we have at getting ahead of it without going back to shutting down completely.
Thank you for your professional opinion. You are definitely on the front lines seeing what this virus is doing day in and day out. Each of us are adults and have to make our own decision. Whether you agree to get it or not is totally up to you. I just wanted to pass along any side effects that I may have experienced and the process.

Once again Doc, thank you for all your hard work fighting this virus!

Kevin
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Great advice, Doc!! Thanks for giving your us professional opinion! Lots of armchair quarterbacks out there!!
Outdoorsmen

Post by Outdoorsmen »

I got my first Moderna shot on the morning of new years eve. Arm was sore for about 3 days. The afternoon of the shot I was real tired, a bit of upset stomach and felt like I was hot. Not extreme though. I was still able to go have a few drinks and dinner with my wife. Made it till about 1am.
Everyone on my dept that has got the shot so far has had the same sore arm. Most have been tired and sluggish the day of the shot. The my knowledge thats theninly 2 universal side effects.
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

CamoMan, just a follow up to see if you've grown a third eyeball or an 11th toe?
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Tail Feathers wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:18 pm CamoMan, just a follow up to see if you've grown a third eyeball or an 11th toe?
Nothing yet, go for my 2nd shot on February 1st. :cheers:
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

My niece had her first shot a few weeks ago. Tested positive yesterday!! She works in the health care field. :dontknow:
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Hognutz wrote: January 21st, 2021, 10:07 pm My niece had her first shot a few weeks ago. Tested positive yesterday!! She works in the health care field. :dontknow:
Hope she has no serious issues. According to reports, the first of 2 doses offers 30% effective protection after a period of time. After 9 days and second dose, effectiveness rises to 95%. Gil
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Thanks,Gil. Her husband came down with it and I assume that she got it from him. But who knows?? His symptoms were minimal. So far, hers are as well! Hopefully, when the smoke clears, she will be ultra protected.

Return to “Health & Fitness”