3 day hunt, 13 coyotes and 2 bobcats!

Techniques and calls.
derbyacresbob

3 day hunt, 13 coyotes and 2 bobcats!

Post by derbyacresbob »

I was lucky enough to do 3 days of predator calling with Tom Austin and Al Morris the last 3 days.

We ended up getting 13 coyotes and 2 bobcats. We got the two bobcats and at least 4 coyotes with shotguns. Tom and Al shot the two bobcats and the male bobcat Al got was huge. We ended up getting 10 of the coyotes and the two bobcats on video.

Al shot 5 or 6 of the coyotes in the 200 yard to 380 yard range with Hornady Superformance 22-250, 35gr NTX, 4450 fps, Lead Free ammo and it was very impressive to see how great it worked on coyotes.

ImageIMG_3192 by , on Flickr
ImageIMG_3209 - Copy by , on Flickr
ImageIMG_3217 by , on Flickr
ImageIMG_3289 by , on Flickr
Foxpro Field Staff
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: 3 day hunt, 13 coyotes and 2 bobcats!

Post by Hognutz »

That’s just nuts! I love this stuff. The .22-250 is my coyote weapon of choice, as well!!
Well done, Gentlemen!!
BTW. Happy Birthday, Bob!!
:occasion5:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Good job Bob! HaPpYbDaY!

What model foxpro?

My sons buddy just bought one and it’s supposed to sound like a coyote in distress doing the circle dance when the foxpro detects a shot.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

These type pictures are the best way to see those critters and very nicely done :thumbup:

What a way to head into a birthday .. cheers to ya' :thumbup: :occasion4:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

hoobilly wrote: December 17th, 2019, 12:00 pm Good job Bob! HaPpYbDaY!

What model foxpro?

My sons buddy just bought one and it’s supposed to sound like a coyote in distress doing the circle dance when the foxpro detects a shot.
That Foxpro caller is so new it is not available just yet. It is the X-Wave and should be available very soon.

Quite a few of the Foxpro e-callers come with the FOXBANG technology. With the FOXBANG enabled when a shot is fired the #1 pre-set sound will kick on. I use the "Coyote Pup Screams" sound on full volume. If you miss on your first shot or there is more than one coyote you have a good chance of stopping the coyote or coyotes that are running off. When they hear a coyote screaming sound at a very loud volume, quite often they will stop and look back.
Foxpro Field Staff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

derbyacresbob wrote: December 17th, 2019, 8:47 pm
hoobilly wrote: December 17th, 2019, 12:00 pm Good job Bob! HaPpYbDaY!

What model foxpro?

That Foxpro caller is so new it is not available just yet. It is the X-Wave and should be available very soon.

Quite a few of the Foxpro e-callers come with the FOXBANG technology. With the FOXBANG enabled when a shot is fired the #1 pre-set sound will kick on. I use the "Coyote Pup Screams" sound on full volume. If you miss on your first shot or there is more than one coyote you have a good chance of stopping the coyote or coyotes that are running off. When they hear a coyote screaming sound at a very loud volume, quite often they will stop and look back.
right on! my son is really getting into calling them and doing better than I ever did at night. He's learning and wanting to up his game
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

That’s good stuff bob. That’s a haul right there. I’ve killed 3 coyotes since sept. I’m hunting small tracts. 100 acres and under. All on pup screams but one that was on Fawn distress. Im still a dinosaur lol. I’ve upgraded to fox pro wildfire from the spit fire. But I’m still killing with it.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
crow

Post by crow »

Very nice hunt and a lot of fun.

Are you shooting #3 shot for your TSS loads?
swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

Very nice! I really like the spotted cat belly picture. We went out this evening since it got clear skys with snow on ground but fog bank rolled in and hindered the visibility for us. Could hear them bark and yip at us inside of 200yds but couldn't see to kill. Keep the pictures coming!
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

crow wrote: December 17th, 2019, 10:09 pm Very nice hunt and a lot of fun.

Are you shooting #3 shot for your TSS loads?
I did use TSS #3 shot on this 3 day hunt. I have some TSS 3" 1-1/2 oz loads in sizes #1, #2, #3 and #4 shot. I think the TSS #3 shot is the best size for coyotes with 100 pellets in 1-1/2 oz of shot.

I have lots of the 3" 1-1/2 oz loads of Rem HD BB and HW13 BB and they work very good on coyotes with right at 70 pellets per shell.
Foxpro Field Staff
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Awesome as always Bob, nice work!

Return to “Predator Calling”