ebike for hunting

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: ebike for hunting

Post by Turkinator »

Chief Razor wrote: May 30th, 2023, 6:05 pm I can understand the frustration with some on the use of ebikes. I agree that regardless of the size of the electric motor, its a motor and shouldnt be allowed on trails that do not allow motorized vehicles. Now regardless of the vehicle, bike, or just someone hiking in with flip flops. Encroaching in on someone else that beat you to the spot is the problem, not the vehicles fault.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Hoobilly wrote: May 30th, 2023, 5:48 pm
joey46 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 10:19 am :lol:
spider316 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 8:49 am
Please wear a helmet ! :slap:
And body armor. Pass some guys in the dark on a "walk in no motor vehicle trail" and you may need it. 25mph on flat ground - yep - that's not a motor vehicle. Ebikes are becoming a bad joke but I guess on this forum advertising money is advertising money isn't it? Total sell out. Deal with the devil.:turkeywave:
I’m a brand ambassador for QuietKat. I own my QuietKat and they haven’t paid me a dime for that advertisement

By the way, the forum doesn’t get paid by the users who join up for free on here. All that money comes out of my pocket.

So shut you cry baby mouth about what I like and use and go kill something instead of crying over a e-bike killing on your turkeys
I hear yeah, my kids are brand ambassadors for that FoxTrot ammo and don't get nuttin but stickers ! :stir:
Attachments
Screenshot_20230530_185746_Messages.jpg
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
joey46

Post by joey46 »

And body armor. Pass some guys in the dark on a "walk in no motor vehicle trail" and you may need it. 25mph on flat ground - yep - that's not a motor vehicle. Ebikes are becoming a bad joke but I guess on this forum advertising money is advertising money isn't it? Total sell out. Deal with the devil.:turkeywave:
I’m a brand ambassador for QuietKat. I own my QuietKat and they haven’t paid me a dime for that advertisement

By the way, the forum doesn’t get paid by the users who join up for free on here. All that money comes out of my pocket.

So shut you cry baby mouth about what I like and use and go kill something instead of crying over a e-bike killing on your turkeys
I've notified the Vatican. Your nomination for sainthood is in process. This ended up just as I guessed after seeing the pop up ads. I'm done. :turkeywave:
crow

Post by crow »

You can hum this to the tune of Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence"

Hello Public my old Friend
Some trucks have blocked me in again
E-Bike tires humming everywhere
Walking in the dark I despair,
I am back in as far as I can go
No one knows
There's no gobbling, just silence
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Outstanding!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

crow wrote: May 30th, 2023, 9:39 pm You can hum this to the tune of Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence"

Hello Public my old Friend
Some trucks have blocked me in again
E-Bike tires humming everywhere
Walking in the dark I despair,
I am back in as far as I can go
No one knows
There's no gobbling, just silence
Felt like Wisconsin
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

joey46 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:01 pm

I've notified the Vatican. Your nomination for sainthood is in process. This ended up just as I guessed after seeing the pop up ads. I'm done. :turkeywave:
:turkeywave: :turkeywave: :turkeywave:

poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

I don't own an ebike, but wanted to contribute something to this thread:

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2023/03/19

:)
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

So shut you cry baby mouth about what I like and use and go kill something instead of crying over a e-bike killing all your turkeys
Amen to that brother 🙏
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Butt kiss. I see you failed to include the entire quote there "tj".You must be trying for some free ammo.
I had avoided the two forums' competition and have used the same name on both OG and GN. It is now an easy choice for me since only one forum seems to be actively promoting an item that will eventually change the entire dynamic of public land hunting. It should have been clear to see that my only concern with e bikes is their use on public trails marked "NO MOTOR VEHICLES". It obviously was a toughie for some. The 750w exemption is a bad joke since it still a motorized vehicle with no business on foot trails. Few will care if they are passed in the dark by an e bike with a 750w motor or a 1000w motor. Pretty inconsequential since the end result will be the same.
It has been fun and I won't post on this forum again. I will be anxiously watching to see who gets in the first "good riddance". Whoever wins please picture the back of my hand with only one finger extended. Guess which finger. :wave: :LMAO:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

joey46 wrote: May 31st, 2023, 8:38 pm Butt kiss. I see you failed to include the entire quote there "tj".You must be trying for some free ammo.
I had avoided the two forums' competition and have used the same name on both OG and GN. It is now an easy choice for me since only one forum seems to be actively promoting an item that will eventually change the entire dynamic of public land hunting. It should have been clear to see that my only concern with e bikes is their use on public trails marked "NO MOTOR VEHICLES". It obviously was a toughie for some. The 750w exemption is a bad joke since it still a motorized vehicle with no business on foot trails. Few will care if they are passed in the dark by an e bike with a 750w motor or a 1000w motor. Pretty inconsequential since the end result will be the same.
It has been fun and I won't post on this forum again. I will be anxiously watching to see who gets in the first "good riddance". Whoever wins please picture the back of my hand with only one finger extended. Guess which finger. :wave: :LMAO:
Have a goodn
Can’t believe someone would be crying over a stupid bike. Isn’t like there are 100’s of them up and down those trails beating everyone to the “ spot “
Bigger things to worry about these days than e-bikes

WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

Hell what’s another post on this thread..

First Joey I respect you!! I don’t post much but your a old fellar I like seeing you get it done,because I hope to be old and doing it like you do every year..you talked about going out west and you went and got it done !! I respect that!!!

Now moving on plan and simple this bike stuff comes down to being jealous,greed whatever you wanna lump it into..I’m not attacking you but as I said in my first post..slid on up in the heart of Appalachia for a week,I will walk your guts out..I promise you!!

You never said in your first post about the gated no traffic allowed so I do believe some did jump the gun..marked for
Bike or not 100 percent of the time me personally I’m gonna get boots on the ground first..day two if it’s something I can do on the bike I’m gone in…am I gonna wiz pass you ? No because if I don’t first talk to you I honestly don’t wanna be witin 3 miles of you..most of us have been at it long enough 5 mins of chit chat I can figure a person out “turkey wise”

I hunted some ground this year that I didn’t realize allowed utvs/atvs..I was hotter than a fire cracker one evening..but you know what a day or so later I was happier then a pup with 3 peters!! My tag was filled…I rode my bike two days straight..but you know what that Turkey I kilt wasn’t off a bike..Further more I don’t need to park at a gate to Turkey hunt..those are spot to sleep at night..I’m turkey hunting my truck gets parked where I wanna park it…Some people who are totally lose on the e-bike thing,some people look at it all wrong,I have a e-bike yea let me just go blasting down there the woods…Wrong !!! If there is not a trail that bike stays on the truck..so maybe stop hunting from gates ?!?!?

At the end of the day it is what it is..people still bitch about tss,copper,mossy oak,real tree,guns chokes etc it goes on and on ..but at the end of the day I’m gonna kill birds and do me..if your mad or jealous well that’s not a me problem…I hunt for me myself and I not you or Brice Hensley who by the way has never sent me a fox trot shirt sticker or hat before fox trot was the fox trot.

I have been thinking tho making a owl hooter horn for my e-bike..maybe even have it labeled with the foxtrot ammo

I’m out
Last edited by WV Ridge Reaper on May 31st, 2023, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

🫣🤪🤣
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I'd prefer that you didn't go. I've enjoyed seeing your posts on Florida.

I don't recall E bikes being brought up here before this thread. I hadn't even taken notice of the banner until it was pointed out in this thread. I definitely don't want them on nonmotorized trails, so 100% agree with you there. I'm just not starting a campaign against them.

Give yourself time to cool off and maybe you'll decide to stick around.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

As he humped the trail for the gobbler of his desire,
A chubby e-biker sped by raising his ire,
“Don’t be glaring at me, it’s a legal 750 watts”,
“I can sleep longer, blast past closed gates and still shoot my shots”
The hiker bowed his head, prayed and hoped for a timely flat tire.

Gil
crow

Post by crow »

:lol:
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Joey, likewise as Shane has stated, enjoy your Florida feedback. As hunters, we can agree to disagree, but in the end we need to support our passion for getting out there! Regardless what we hunt or how we do it. Too many peckerwoods wanting to take it away.
Don

Return to “Gobbler Talk”