Crispi Boots

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
wildeastern

Crispi Boots

Post by wildeastern »

I'm looking at purchasing a quality pair of hunting boots. I hunt primarily in the southeast with occasional trips to the western united states. The main concerns for me are comfort, breathability and waterproofing. I'm currently looking at Cripsi, I really like the boots they have to offer but struggling to settle on a pair. I like the nevadas and valdres specifically just because I feel they will hold up to water best being an all leather boot. Do any of y'all have any experience with these models?
Dtrkyman

Re: Crispi Boots

Post by Dtrkyman »

Make sure you can try them on somewhere, I bought a pair of Crispi a few years back in the size I wear from every boot I have ever owned, they tore my heels up! Particularly my left which is strange as my left foot is bigger and that boot fit better than the right one.

I had no where local to try them out, bought them online and paid the price, fortunately I was able to sell them at not too terrible a loss.

The leather will be more waterproof especially over time, but leather gore tex boots and breathable is a stretch!

I typically go with the lighter weigh less stiff boot unless I am using them for packing heavy loads!
DBLGBL

Post by DBLGBL »

Define water. I have both of these boots. When I think south east I think swamps and would not recommend them for that. I have one pair of valdres that has 5 years of elk hunting on them and are still in excellent shape. That’s a conservative 1000 miles in the mountains

2Gbl
wildeastern

Post by wildeastern »

DBLGBL wrote: May 30th, 2023, 12:45 pm Define water. I have both of these boots. When I think south east I think swamps and would not recommend them for that. I have one pair of valdres that has 5 years of elk hunting on them and are still in excellent shape. That’s a conservative 1000 miles in the mountains

2Gbl
Mainly wet grass. This has been the biggest issue for most boots I have owned in the past. Swamps are a part of the reason I need quality waterproofing. Primarily I am on dry ground, I just need something to keep dry during those brief moments as I make my way across a wet field early morning or a shallow creek.
Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

Love my Crispís but if you are gonna wade in water you are gonna have wet feet.
wildeastern

Post by wildeastern »

Dtrkyman wrote: May 30th, 2023, 12:03 pm Make sure you can try them on somewhere, I bought a pair of Crispi a few years back in the size I wear from every boot I have ever owned, they tore my heels up! Particularly my left which is strange as my left foot is bigger and that boot fit better than the right one.

I had no where local to try them out, bought them online and paid the price, fortunately I was able to sell them at not too terrible a loss.

The leather will be more waterproof especially over time, but leather gore tex boots and breathable is a stretch!

I typically go with the lighter weigh less stiff boot unless I am using them for packing heavy loads!
Thank you for the feedback. Is there another crispi boot that you would recommend?
wildeastern

Post by wildeastern »

Roost 1 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 1:18 pm Love my Crispís but if you are gonna wade in water you are gonna have wet feet.
Not wading, I would wear rubber boots for that. Main concern is walks through wet fields, shallow creeks, etc.
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

No on the Crispi, not too familiar with their offerings after that one pair. I have great luck with Asolo.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

My Kenetrek boots do pretty well in wet grass, better if I wear gaiters, but I'm in Montana wet grass not Southeast wet grass. I think you'll want to add gaiters to any leather boot if you are talking about very much wet grass. Other than that, rubber boots are the only sure way to stay dry besides the sweat that comes with rubber boots. However, rubber boots would turn my feet to hamburger here.

I was in a lot of wet grass and ground cover over the weekend and my feet ended up damp every day. I forgot to bring the gaiters. My boots are probably 5 years old.
Last edited by Hobbes_mobile on May 30th, 2023, 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bottomlandassassin

Post by bottomlandassassin »

I bought a pair of Crispi Altitude GTX at the beginning of this season. Zero complaints so far. I hunted MS, AL, TX, IL, KY, KS, NE, and CO with them. They are on the lighter side of quality hunting boots, not too stiff but stiff enough to handle some steeper/more rugged terrain. Never had wet feet.

I've also had several years of good luck with Lowa Renegade GTX boots as well.

If I was to pick one over the other, I would probably choose the Crispi's
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

I don't have either pair you're asking about but I do have 2 seasons with Crispi Lapponia (1st Gen). Worn them in KY, TN, and Iowa. So far they've been great. Fit like a glove and keep my feet dry. I do pair them with Kenetrek gaiters. I've walked thru tall wet grass and my feet stay dry. I also wear merino wool socks. I think gaiters are overlooked but they help keep water from getting on your pant bottom, socks, and boots. The Lapponia's do good when climbing steep hills and are light enough to feel the ground when you're walking or sneaking in close.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I have..
Thors
Summits
Nevada
Wyoming II
Idaho & Idaho II
Altitude
Idaho Plus fit me like white on rice. Have owned for 2 years and starting to get wet on the right foot. Never sealed etc and absolutely love them. The Idaho II don’t fit me as well for some reason. The Altitudes are like wearing a sneaker. Ok to the shop or church or a walk in a woods but for hunting, yeah I don’t like them for hunting. My favorite is the Summitts for everyday use and hunting. I have a problem with supinated right heel. Took me 2 years and these are busted down and I need a new pair.

Kenetrek I have the Mountain Extreme uninsulated

They are an excellent deer boot and also can be worn for spring turkey. But they are a bit heavier than my Crispi boots
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I wear the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes uninsulated. I bought them for September elk but have been using them for turkeys and pheasants. Definitely a bit on the heavy side.
gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

cRSIPIS r great boot have 3 different pair

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”