What guns are you looking to buy?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
The Showstopper...

Re: What guns are you looking to buy?

Post by The Showstopper... »

I looked around a bit last night and I found a 20 gauge semi that I have been looking at for 2 years, I found the newer version, I'll be ordering it next week as soon as season closes, I was not expectimg this gun to be available up here to buy for at least another year.
Am I the only one tired of the online whine-a-billy's?.........OGF.... :wave:

I am a proud member of the " Fringe Minority".......... :canada:

Pucker up Turdeau................and kiss my Lanark County Redneck Ass
The Showstopper...

Im going to order two of these guns, one for me and one for my father this weekend. It is about the only turkey gun he does not have and I just want another pistol grip 20 gauge. That will be all I purchase other than the Henry this summer for guns, now for some shells and a new little red or green dot.

DROCK

Post by DROCK »

MFL205 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 1:08 pm Waiting on Mossburg to make a 940 Pro Turkey in a 20 gauge....I feel like it is only a matter of time.
If that happens, it will be my next turkey gun!

I messaged Mossberg today regarding the 940 Pro being available in 20g in the near future. This was their response: "nothing has been indicated yet to us about the 940 coming in different gauges."
XDeadXEyeX

Post by XDeadXEyeX »

I like to buy a new turkey Gun every year also. And will be getting another 28ga. Not sure which one yet. SA28 or Tristar G2 maybe? I'm cheap and this will be one of the nicer more expensive guns ill own. lol. I don't own any new/newer semis. Might make this one a semi if they are light enough.
MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

DROCK wrote: May 25th, 2023, 9:14 am
MFL205 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 1:08 pm Waiting on Mossburg to make a 940 Pro Turkey in a 20 gauge....I feel like it is only a matter of time.
If that happens, it will be my next turkey gun!

I messaged Mossberg today regarding the 940 Pro being available in 20g in the near future. This was their response: "nothing has been indicated yet to us about the 940 coming in different gauges."
BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked the same thing at the NWTF show and was given the same basic response. It is only available in 12 gauge because they could "repurpose" components vs. need to re-tool or create all new for a 20 gauge. I told the guy that nobody wants to lug that big thing around the woods!

LOL
HoltBensley

Post by HoltBensley »

Would love to get my hands on a benelli m2 20ga
The Showstopper...

I just purchased 2 of the Mossberg sa 20 turkey tactical pistol grips, one for me, and one for a Fathers day gift for my dad from my brother and I.
Attachments
150464.jpg

MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

The Showstopper... wrote: May 25th, 2023, 3:18 pm I just purchased 2 of the Mossberg sa 20 turkey tactical pistol grips, one for me, and one for a Fathers day gift for my dad from my brother and I.
You like it? I was just looking at those today….
The Showstopper...

I'll know in about a week when they arrive, I purchased them from a gun shop about 6 hours away, free shipping,5-6 days. But I have been eyeing the regular stock sa 20 turkey for a few years and I liked the feel of it. It's just another gun for me, but my father did not have a pistol grip 20 gauge and he's been yammering on the whole season about one so I figured I'd go ahead and buy two, I am trying to convince my hunting buddy to buy one as well, who knows when or if I'll be able to find them again up here. I am actually shocked they are up here already, It usually takes a year or more before we get any "new" turkey guns, pickings are slim, I gurantee I own more than almost every shop in Canada, for pure turkey guns....I'm not even kidding. It's that sad.

The Showstopper...

I'm actually red dot shopping online right now, I have a few here but I am interested in one with a green dot this time.

The Showstopper...

MFL205 wrote: May 25th, 2023, 6:28 pm
The Showstopper... wrote: May 25th, 2023, 3:18 pm I just purchased 2 of the Mossberg sa 20 turkey tactical pistol grips, one for me, and one for a Fathers day gift for my dad from my brother and I.
I'd like to know for 100% which choke thread these are? I sent Mossberg a message, I have never owned a Mossberg semi before, I have a handful of their pump turkey guns.

Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

The Showstopper... wrote: May 25th, 2023, 7:28 pm
I'd like to know for 100% which choke thread these are? I sent Mossberg a message, I have never owned a Mossberg semi before, I have a handful of their pump turkey guns.
Mobil choke threads and that’s a fine gun.
Mine shoots exceptionally well.
Mine got a pretty good workout this year as it was my guide gun, it performed flawlessly.
The Showstopper...

Roost 1 wrote: May 25th, 2023, 7:36 pm
The Showstopper... wrote: May 25th, 2023, 7:28 pm

Mobil choke threads and that’s a fine gun.
Mine shoots exceptionally well.
Mine got a pretty good workout this year as it was my guide gun, it performed flawlessly.
Thanks! Figures, as I have about 40 different 20 gauge turkey chokes but none in mobile threads. I guess choke shopping is in order too!

The Showstopper...

I just ordered two .570 tightwad chokes, I have them in a handful of other guns with different threads and they have always been excellent, I think they are the best bang for the dollar for any piece of hunting equipment I personally have ever purchased. I am not out much if for some reason they will not pattern, $21 dollars a piece plus shipping.

The Showstopper...

The Showstopper... wrote: May 26th, 2023, 6:21 pm I just ordered two .570 tightwad chokes, I have them in a handful of other guns with different threads and they have always been excellent, I think they are the best bang for the dollar for any piece of hunting equipment I personally have ever purchased. I am not out much if for some reason they will not pattern, $21 dollars a piece plus shipping.
I have a new sling on the way as well for mine, purchased a claw contour in camo this time, and now looking for one for the other one. The spending is almost done for the summer other than some shells.

The Showstopper...

The guns will be here D-day so tracking says, the chokes arrived yesterday, the red/green dots look like today along with the mcarbo springs and the slings and ammo tommorow. Happy Fathers day Dad!! I also ordered a roll of mossy oak greenleaf camo skin, to camo the red/green dots as they are black. Our season ended yesterday, I had a great year, I always do but I see my Dad getting older and slowing down and that really starts to make me think...He is the one who at 2 years old had me in the duck pond with him, he has been the sole reason why I work to live, and live to hunt.

FloppinTom

Post by FloppinTom »

Looking at Tristar G2 28ga Turkey
Last edited by FloppinTom on June 17th, 2023, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get there early, stay late, sit still and don't use weather as an excuse to stay home.
The Showstopper...

I purchased another Winchester 1300 this morning, I had made the man an offer a week or so ago on this gun, and offered what I was willing to pay, the gun has been lightly used for turkeys and hasnt been used in 18-19 years he said as he gave up hunting in the early 2000's, It is coming from the city, so Its a safe queen as he said. I can't wait to pattern it when i get it, I have a ton of chokes already in win thread. It comes with a few chokes, base and a sling and was told it is in "excellent" shape, It looks like it.
Attachments
Win1300 Accessory.jpg
Win1300 Left .jpg
Win1300 Right.jpg

PennBirdy

Post by PennBirdy »

Hognutz wrote: May 24th, 2023, 3:30 pm Anybody have a SBE3 28ga with some first hand advice on the POI/POA?
I do indeed. Mine shoots field loads about the usual 90/10 or a touch higher. With a 1 5/16 oz TSS load though it’s a whole different story. With factory flush chokes, they are consistently low and to the right. With factory extended however, they are about as POA/POI as I could hope for. I ended with going with a factory extended Full, but the extended MOD would definitely kill at 40. Couldn’t tell you pellet count, but the extended Full will easily kill to 40 and beyond. It’s a dream to carry and handle at 5.5 pounds!
The Showstopper...

The Showstopper... wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:43 am I purchased another Winchester 1300 this morning, I had made the man an offer a week or so ago on this gun, and offered what I was willing to pay, the gun has been lightly used for turkeys and hasnt been used in 18-19 years he said as he gave up hunting in the early 2000's, It is coming from the city, so Its a safe queen as he said. I can't wait to pattern it when i get it, I have a ton of chokes already in win thread. It comes with a few chokes, base and a sling and was told it is in "excellent" shape, It looks like it.
I ordered a .660 tightwad and an egw .670 egw universal base, I assume the egw will fit on this gun, if so, I'll setup the 1300 with a vortex venom.

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

The Showstopper... wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:44 pm
The Showstopper... wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:43 am I purchased another Winchester 1300 this morning, I had made the man an offer a week or so ago on this gun, and offered what I was willing to pay, the gun has been lightly used for turkeys and hasnt been used in 18-19 years he said as he gave up hunting in the early 2000's, It is coming from the city, so Its a safe queen as he said. I can't wait to pattern it when i get it, I have a ton of chokes already in win thread. It comes with a few chokes, base and a sling and was told it is in "excellent" shape, It looks like it.
I ordered a .660 tightwad and an egw .670 egw universal base, I assume the egw will fit on this gun, if so, I'll setup the 1300 with a vortex venom.
It is crazy how well tightwads pattern basically everything you can put through them. I always point guys to them for a great starting point. I shoot kicks chokes for turkey guns but have tightwads for every single gun I own in all kinds of different systems. $19.98 is hard to pass up and a hell of a value, most chokes won't or don't do much more than they can at 1/4 of the cost
The Showstopper...

jsh909 wrote: June 4th, 2023, 3:03 pm
The Showstopper... wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:44 pm
It is crazy how well tightwads pattern basically everything you can put through them. I always point guys to them for a great starting point. I shoot kicks chokes for turkey guns but have tightwads for every single gun I own in all kinds of different systems. $19.98 is hard to pass up and a hell of a value, most chokes won't or don't do much more than they can at 1/4 of the cost
I have never shot a bad pattern from a tightwad choke from any gun I own, whether it be a 20 gauge or 12 gauge. I just didn't have a tightwad with invector/win choke threads, I believe they are the best buy in all hunting equipment, for the performance you get for the cost. They are an excellent choke. I've shot a Kicks Gt .675 from my Bps for 12 years and have hammered a ton of longbeards with it, my favorite choke and setup ever.

Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I'll likely buy a semi auto 20 before my brother comes out in October. That'll keep him from needing to fly with his own and gives me an excuse for another gun. I won't go short barrel or tactical because it'll be used for waterfowl and pheasants while he's here and maybe turkeys in the spring. He shoots a 20 out of necessity due to shoulder problems. I'd consider a 28 just because, but I'm not sure how available waterfowl ammo is in 28.

He's got several higher dollar 12s at home that his boys use but he went more affordable on his 20 and has had good luck with an M3020. I may do that so he's shooting the same here. It'd serve it's purpose for me also.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Scored on a Remington 1187 20 ga with a 21" barrel and synthetic stocks, just happened to have a full length stock here at the house. Already picked up a. 562 and a .555 IC to do some real setting up. My Son ran it with the .562 and some FoxTrot 1.5oz #8s during the season and it was unbelievable. Right place and time for this purchase. Should I dip the whole gun in Greenleaf bottomland or do a Ceracoat/Bottomland combo ?
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
youngoutdoors

Post by youngoutdoors »

Just bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in .41 Mag with a 7.5" barrel. Hoping to go pick it up tomorrow. OH, was you guys only talking scatter guns?

God Bless, Louis

Return to “Gun Talk”