Benelli problem?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Casey Napier

Re: Benelli problem?

Post by Casey Napier »

Thanks Hognutz!
Casey Napier

Post by Casey Napier »

Wonder if the Led Sled could be causing the strange chipping by changing the ejection characteristics?

Casey
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Casey Napier wrote: May 24th, 2023, 9:17 am Wonder if the Led Sled could be causing the strange chipping by changing the ejection characteristics?

Casey
That’s possible
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Casey Napier

Post by Casey Napier »

I put some tape over chipped area and will try a few of the loads that were causing the chipping out of Lead Slead and see if it damages the tape. If they do I will install factory spring and repeat. BUT as I mentioned previously the Xtra power springs I have installed in my other Benelli's including a different M1 Super 90, have shown no such chipping.

Casey
Casey Napier

Post by Casey Napier »

Well it appears that the Led Sled was causing my issues. I put some tape on chipped area of ejection port to see if any contact was being made. I just went and fired 5 of the turkey loads that were causing me the issues, back to back, and had no marks on tape and rounds cycled fine. Fired them off of Sand bags so I feel that the issues were caused totally by the lad sled as it seemed that every round fired off the Sled were chipping camo finish every round.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Casey
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Glad that you figured out the problem. Good job on the detective work, Casey!
Another limitation on the lead sled.
Carry on!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Casey Napier

Post by Casey Napier »

Yes sir after all the money I have sunk into this Benelli I wanted it to be perfect, at least for me. I am disappointed that I damaged the camo finish but it will get dinged up in the woods anyhow. This is really the first time I have had issues with the Led Sled but to be honest I usually just single load it when texting or sighting in. I did notice that a Buddies Mossberg 935 would not lock back off the sled but would off the shoulder so maybe the second problem. I am relieved that I do not have a problem gun.

Casey

Return to “Gun Talk”