Mossberg SA-410 base / picatinny rail

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Krm944

Mossberg SA-410 base / picatinny rail

Post by Krm944 »

I pick up my new SA-410 Turkey tomorrow. I think I want to mount my Vortex Crossfire Red Dot on it.

I was thinking of removing the long one piece base and using a two piece base and mounting the small red dot on one of the base pieces.

I cannot find any information- is the SA410 base the same as the 500/590/835? Will the two piece bases for the 500/590/835 fit?

Thanks.
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Mossberg SA-410 base / picatinny rail

Post by Samm4770 »

Don’t quote me on this I bought a sa28 gauge last year and I reached out to mossberg looking for replacement parts and they
Told me them guns come complete from turkey and they don’t carry any parts for them. I asked if anything would cross reference they also told me no. Little strange you buy a gun from them
And if you have issues can’t buy replacement parts. Maybe things changed In a year. Your best bet would look at EGW to see what they carry
Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

I spoke with a gentleman at EGW directly on the phone and ordered the mount he recommended and the mount didn’t work.
Called and emailed five days later returned call and told me they don’t make a mount for a SA .410.

Sumtoy does make a mount for SA

Or do like me and get tired of playing with people and false info and just cut down the factory rail and use the back two screws
Wasn't born, I was hatched!!!!!!!!!!!! and raised in Tennessee.
SteveRoseRAS

Post by SteveRoseRAS »

Samm4770 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:38 am Don’t quote me on this I bought a sa28 gauge last year and I reached out to mossberg looking for replacement parts and they
Told me them guns come complete from turkey and they don’t carry any parts for them. I asked if anything would cross reference they also told me no. Little strange you buy a gun from them
And if you have issues can’t buy replacement parts. Maybe things changed In a year. Your best bet would look at EGW to see what they carry
That is too common on many of the here today / gone tomorrow Turkish import guns. The SA is not the first caught up in this circle. You pays your money and takes your chances.

Here's the Mossberg 500/590 factory base hole spacing for comparison:
egw500.jpg
Steve Rose
Rose Action Sports, LLC
Pembroke, KY
Goblen

Post by Goblen »

I took my rail off and installed a sumtoy. Let William know you need the older style with the longer spacing. I do not know if he has a mount for the vortex but he does for the Burris Fastfire. I really wanted to lower the sight for two reasons. 1 Better check weld on stock( my head not as high). 2 The closer your dot is to the center of the bore the less rise and fall with the pattern at different ranges. I probably lowered the sight a 1/2 inch, by not using the rail mount and factory rail and going this route. The two reasons will not matter too most, but too me it did.
My post from last year.
https://www.gobblernation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 92#p233492
Attachments
20220428_083043.jpg
Last edited by Goblen on March 10th, 2023, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Get the EGW part # 49325 use the back hole on the gun and have another hole tapped for the front screw. I’ve tried all the bases, and EGW has enough metal that you don’t have to fill it up with epoxy to keep it from flexing when you torque the screws.
Krm944

Post by Krm944 »

Goblen wrote: March 10th, 2023, 8:32 am I took my rail off and installed a sumtoy. Let William know you need the older style with the longer spacing. I do not know if he has a mount for the vortex but he does for the Burris Fastfire. I really wanted to lower the sight for two reasons. 1 Better check weld on stock( my head not as high). 2 The closer your dot is to the center of the bore the less rise and fall with the pattern at different ranges. I probably lowered the sight a 1/2 inch, by not using the rail mount and factory rail and going this route. The two reasons will not matter too most, but too me it did.
My post from last year.
https://www.gobblernation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 92#p233492

I am hoping to use my round micro Red Dot that mounts to the picatinny rail. The optic is 2 1/2” long, I don’t need the full rail.

I can try to measure the holes in the receiver and find a base from weaver or get a magpul lightweight rail and try and drill it myself.
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

Cut the factory rail to desired length!

Return to “Small Bore”