Re: Glad to be back in Texas!!!

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hate You
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Bucket list meal, true Southern crawfish boil. Looks like enough for me !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Aww man, and I ate one in honor of my companions in the frozen wasteland!!!!!!
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I just got a call from my primary turkey hunting companion who informed me that he has 15 pounds of fresh crawfish coming in tomorrow which must be cooked and eaten tomorrow. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for me, his family is out of town. We're doing an early afternoon boil. YUM!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

decoykrvr wrote: February 24th, 2023, 5:25 pm I just got a call from my primary turkey hunting companion who informed me that he has 15 pounds of fresh crawfish coming in tomorrow which must be cooked and eaten tomorrow. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for me, his family is out of town. We're doing an early afternoon boil. YUM!!
Hate you too
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

decoykrvr wrote: February 24th, 2023, 5:25 pm I just got a call from my primary turkey hunting companion who informed me that he has 15 pounds of fresh crawfish coming in tomorrow which must be cooked and eaten tomorrow. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for me, his family is out of town. We're doing an early afternoon boil. YUM!!
So when is "Prime time" for crawfish. Any places people would trust to have em shipped ? We have em here but they simply don't get big due to winter and fish eating em
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

spider316 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 7:11 pm
So when is "Prime time" for crawfish. Any places people would trust to have em shipped ? We have em here but they simply don't get big due to winter and fish eating em
Might wanna check regs for your state illegal toget live crawfish brought into Michigan.... People have them flown I to ft Wayne Indiana and drive to pick them up
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

Tom, if you're ever in South MS from Feb-May, let me know and I'll personally boil em for ya! I'm bout an hr from both Gulfport/Biloxi & New Orleans.
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Jbird22 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 7:15 pm Tom, if you're ever in South MS from Feb-May, let me know and I'll personally boil em for ya! I'm bout an hr from both Gulfport/Biloxi & New Orleans.
Take him to Bozo’s !!!!!!!!! Or Claw Daddy’s!!!!!! I was in the Gulfport area before I came to Texas.
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

Turkinator wrote: February 24th, 2023, 7:22 pm
Jbird22 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 7:15 pm Tom, if you're ever in South MS from Feb-May, let me know and I'll personally boil em for ya! I'm bout an hr from both Gulfport/Biloxi & New Orleans.
Take him to Bozo’s !!!!!!!!! Or Claw Daddy’s!!!!!! I was in the Gulfport area before I came to Texas.
I'm sure they're good but I enjoy cooking em myself too much to do that.
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

spider316 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 7:11 pm
From now til mid/late May usually. However, prices stay high til Easter due to lenten (don't get me started on that). After that, they usually come down. Some years I catch em myself depending on river levels.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

That would.be awesome... When I was guiding in Florida we had a group from LA they brought bags of things cooker whole one yards

I don't eat much usually... Sal was watching me like :shock: can I get you another plate

Was pretty amazing
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: February 24th, 2023, 8:20 pm
That would.be awesome... When I was guiding in Florida we had a group from LA they brought bags of things cooker whole one yards

I don't eat much usually... Sal was watching me like :shock: can I get you another plate

Was pretty amazing
Crawfish are very good to eat, don't get me wrong, but some of the best eating in the pot are the new potatoes, mushrooms, sausage, garlic, and onion. The corn isn't bad either.
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

As the eating progresses, and the ice cold adult beverages flow, I'm not adverse to taking a cup and drinking some of the potlicker. What a true melange of flavors.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Jbird22 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 8:51 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: February 24th, 2023, 8:20 pm

Was pretty amazing
Crawfish are very good to eat, don't get me wrong, but some of the best eating in the pot are the new potatoes, mushrooms, sausage, garlic, and onion. The corn isn't bad either.
That was all in there too... It was dang good....

Corns crazy, never would you think a kinda soggy piece of corn with all kinds of flavors you wouldn't normally want on corn is good...

I loved the boil so much I was thinking few years back buy one of those commercial tow behind trailer boilers and cater with it up here.... It would be totally unique like when bbq first got trendy here and your thinking they been doing this for years in the south...If you were the first in....$$$

Basically a one pot meal with cornbread... You'd have people for bachelor parties, graduation and birthday to company outings calling... That's when I learned you'd have to drive to Indiana to pick them up at airport...
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Delicious
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Yer' killin' me :banghead:

Few years ago a buddy from LA had a boil just before we met in El Paso, to head into Mexico on our Gould's hunt. He brought a pretty good sized cooler full, on ice. ;)
We sat by the pool drinkin' beer and eatin' crawdad's all afternoon :o
Iiced em' down the next morning again and headed into the mountains in Mexico.
We ended up, that everyone at turkey camp, cooks included, helped finish off that cooler full :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Camp Dinner”