Stoeger 3020 Recoil Spring?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Casey Napier

Stoeger 3020 Recoil Spring?

Post by Casey Napier »

Anybody know if you can get an extra power recoil spring for a Stoeger 3020? Contacted Wolfe about a year ago and as of then they did not make anything.

Casey
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Stoeger 3020 Recoil Spring?

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Casey Napier wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 6:29 pm Anybody know if you can get an extra power recoil spring for a Stoeger 3020? Contacted Wolfe about a year ago and as of then they did not make anything.

Casey
Stretch your spring out, I was having issues with my SA-28 with the bolt not wanting to close upon firing so I measured the recoil spring after removing it and stretched it 3/4”, problem solved. Worst case scenario, I would have had to order a new spring.
Casey Napier

Post by Casey Napier »

Not a bad idea.
SteveRoseRAS

Post by SteveRoseRAS »

I've seen lower power springs (and maybe these were for 12 ga only for shooting lighter loads) but never seen an extra power. I'd source 2-3 factory springs and see if one was a bit a stronger than the others (Midwest Gun Works sometimes has them in stock). The nature of spring making is going to have each one just a little different in strength.
Steve Rose
Rose Action Sports, LLC
Pembroke, KY
Casey Napier

Post by Casey Napier »

Bought 2 new recoil springs from MWGW, really can't tell much difference just by feel. Any ideas how to measure? I was just a little concerned shooting turkey loads through my 2 Stoeger M3020's with high powered handloads, as that is all I will ever shoot out of them, and beating the gun up to much? Maybe something I shouldn't be concerned with but I use Xtra power springs in my Benelli Auto 12's to help ease the wear and tear.

Casey

Return to “Gun Talk”