Nomad Harvester

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Nomad Harvester

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So in my "divorce" one thing I didn't get all of my stuff back was hunting clothes.... I had more hunting clothes than most woman.have clothes from.browining, UA, Ol Tom, King of the Mountain, Drake, 10x on and on not including multiple pairs of Danners lacrosse and Merrels....

In a Jerry Springer type turning of events Mike whom Sally married for a few months and I have gotten close like text everyday close.... Didn't know him from.adam so no hard feelings...

He did get me some of my turkey shirts and pants back.... Than the other day I asked.got any of my deer camo.... "I got a heavy ass wool suit" OMG my Browning Highland.wool.... Warmest stuff ever 11oz hybrid wool lined with wind blocking Polartec fleece like a 700 dollar suit

Ok now I've set the scene... So.i needed something midweight... When Jason posted the code I took a look.... Than the other day being on the boards with him and seeing your guys reviews of their product gave it a shot

It's hard for me to buy camo sight unseen, like everyone you wanna see.it , the design, how quiet it is, how mobile you can be... But the other thing, I'mma lil dude... I can wear anything from.28" waist to 30"... Length 28-29 be perfect but only found in youth...

I himmed and hawwed between RT timber and Mo droptine.... I ordered a small pant in Droptine and a med jacket with free shipping....

Next night was at a store saw droptine on something regretted my decision... I'm not camo brand crazy prefer the more generic background patterns available but not offered....

So I went home ordered the Timber in Med and med....

The timber ordered three day shipping showed up today... They musta had a mishap with the carriage for the other suit but should be at post office today or tomorrow lol

Initial impression, stuff is quality... I've owned some nice stuff and this stuff is legit....

It's midweight but the Sherpa lining with some light layering it may hold up to the entire Michigan season... Was hoping it would double for cold spring mornings I dunno... If this is there midseason their cottonwood has gotta be warm warm

Everything is thought out... Putting on the pants I'm thinking this button gonna come unsewed, but no, it's a ribbon not thread... The button closures on thigh pockets is genius, heavy duty plastic to metal... I've had all metal snaps get a lil moisture than become bound won't come unsnapped... Zippers are good...

Pocket design isn't all that out of the ordinary besides a couple things... There Sherpa lined, I hate gloves... The chest pocket is DEEP hold the biggest phone... The cargo type pocket placement is brilliant, lower thigh... Sitting it's perfect, no more trying get something from the side it's right there easy in front, perfect for hands too... Two rear zipper pockets keep my dip and wallet secure...

Fit... I'm a lil dude 5'5" 145-150... I'm pretty muscular but little... The medium jacket fits me perfect, sleeves a lil long, not bad they all are.. Id consider a size bigger if your pudgy...

Pants... Ordering a med kinda scare me 32-32... 30-30 ideal usually... Much to my surprise with the stretchy waist band design they fit, may need a belt may not, definitely forr a true 32 and probably a guy 34 could fit... Crotch, crotch is tight, but they all are, I'm blessed.... Ok.just kidding, lil baggy in crotch, not bad, perfect for getting hand in there while watching p*** hub in long boring sets :LMAO: I already remarked at the pockets... The zippered legs are nice and appear quality

It has a sissy I mean safety harness entry but with my condition not sure if I'll be climbing anytime...

Just thought I'd give my initial impressions... It's hard ordering camo sight unseen took me a bit to make the plunge sight u seen... I have to drive close to an hour for a real store. I was gonna buy new with tags UA Browtine like I used to have off a guy on another forum, after handling both glad I went Nomad.... The description and pics still leaves you wondering hope this helps

I will try to update after wearing a field on noise, briars, washing, movement.... If Jason reads this thanks and you and your team.did well...

So I wrote the above yesterday and the horse and buggy rolled into the post office today.... I tried on the small pants they fit good in the waste but almost to good, not alot of wiggle room for layering or putting on a few pounds... This is coming from a guy when sal would say my zero sized jeans don't fit no more and Id put em on to piss her off lol...

*If you take advantage of the free shipping be warned it takes a few days to process than goes fed ex than USPS to deliver, takes a while.... Fine if you got time but not in a time crunch.... Not complaining it's free my fault should have read the shipping page...

Few pics things I mentioned

[attachment=3]KIMG8753.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]KIMG8755.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]KIMG8756.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]KIMG8757.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
KIMG8757.JPG
KIMG8756.JPG
KIMG8755.JPG
KIMG8753.JPG
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Nomad Harvester

Post by Hoobilly »

My cousins x wife sewed polar fleece inside his Columbia wool hunting pants , bibs and jacket. I wish I would’ve bought the same set and had my wife that to mine
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hoobilly wrote: October 7th, 2022, 10:43 pm My cousins x wife sewed polar fleece inside his Columbia wool hunting pants , bibs and jacket. I wish I would’ve bought the same set and had my wife that to mine
I had the Columbia wool too.... The Browning is warm warm... Wind locker in the fleece makes all the difference. I wore alot of wool, the Columbia the Browning, the king of the mountain and I had a Woolrich set Original Hardwoods era... It was thin coat and pants... It was the perfect 40-50 degree camo with say underarmour underneath... I think they changed it up this was dry clean only
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: October 7th, 2022, 10:54 pm
Hoobilly wrote: October 7th, 2022, 10:43 pm My cousins x wife sewed polar fleece inside his Columbia wool hunting pants , bibs and jacket. I wish I would’ve bought the same set and had my wife that to mine
I had the Columbia wool too.... The Browning is warm warm... Wind locker in the fleece makes all the difference. I wore alot of wool, the Columbia the Browning, the king of the mountain and I had a Woolrich set Original Hardwoods era... It was thin coat and pants... It was the perfect 40-50 degree camo with say underarmour underneath... I think they changed it up this was dry clean only
Now that I’m old I like wind and waterproof. Cabelas dryplus has done good for me over the years
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

I've had a set of Harvester pants and jacket in OG Bottomland for a few years now. I've been very pleased with that purchase. Good stuff!
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Jbird22 wrote: October 7th, 2022, 11:59 pm I've had a set of Harvester pants and jacket in OG Bottomland for a few years now. I've been very pleased with that purchase. Good stuff!
I'm impressed I normally have buyer remorse, I don't....

I didn't see it in bottomland thanks for buyer remorse.... Kidding I like the timber, it's dark, but if I don't set in tree

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”