One of my favorites

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

One of my favorites

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I've posted this before so.simple.but one of my favorites.... Cabbage and onions fried in lots and lots of butter with a heavy hand with the salt shaker.... Mix in egg noodles more butter more salt

Was a staple growing up it's of Eastern European origin where my family on both sides are from... There's variations I've made it with bacon rather than butter but prefer the butter version personally...
Polish_20220807_174132617.jpg
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: One of my favorites

Post by guesswho »

Dang it man. That’s something I could eat until I couldn’t walk.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

Looks great. I’ve been seeing a lot of your meals and they look great. Keep posting.
Wasn't born, I was hatched!!!!!!!!!!!! and raised in Tennessee.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

guesswho wrote: August 7th, 2022, 6:50 pm Dang it man. That’s something I could eat until I couldn’t walk.
Funny you say that, ever since I was young it's something I can eat a pile of.... Dunno why, sit down, not hungry, just keep eating...

I'm like 145 tops not a big eater, I ate pretty much a small head of cabbage, big onion and how many ounces of noodles I mixed in....

Making it, your like wow I'mma have to much... I used my biggest cast iron skillet tonight it's over the top... But when it cooks down I literally had. two bowls like what you see.
Riverrat wrote: August 7th, 2022, 6:50 pm Looks great. I’ve been seeing a lot of your meals and they look great. Keep posting.
Thanks I enjoy cooking a bit.... I like posting not that my cooking any better than the next guy, but to hopefully inspire people break the norm try something new...

Or it backfires, other night sister text me what goes on that dish you posted on FB last week and what about this dish... Cool she gonna try and make them

Get a call tonight, hey I got you all the stuff to make those dishes you wanna do.it.here or there and what night. :LMAO:
Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 7th, 2022, 7:30 pm
guesswho wrote: August 7th, 2022, 6:50 pm Dang it man. That’s something I could eat until I couldn’t walk.

Riverrat wrote: August 7th, 2022, 6:50 pm Looks great. I’ve been seeing a lot of your meals and they look great. Keep posting.
Thanks I enjoy cooking a bit.... I like posting not that my cooking any better than the next guy, but to hopefully inspire people break the norm try something new...

Or it backfires, other night sister text me what goes on that dish you posted on FB last week and what about this dish... Cool she gonna try and make them

Get a call tonight, hey I got you all the stuff to make those dishes you wanna do.it.here or there and what night. :LMAO:
I enjoy cooking in the outdoors a lot. I do some cooking inside. I’ll have to keep posting some meals since we have some interest in cooking.
Wasn't born, I was hatched!!!!!!!!!!!! and raised in Tennessee.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Cabbage, onions, egg noodles, butter and salt.
Absolutely deadly combination! I stinkin love this meal.
Flatulence is a good thing!! 😁
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: August 7th, 2022, 7:39 pm Cabbage, onions, egg noodles, butter and salt.
Absolutely deadly combination! I stinkin love this meal.
Flatulence is a good thing!! 😁
:LMAO:

Yup boogs gonna curl up next to me in bed and get some payback
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

😂😂😂
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

My family does something very similar. We call it cabbage and noodles…. Bacon, cabbage in the drippings leaving it a little crunchy. Mix with spaghetti noodles, throw on crumbled bacon- Voilà! Like OP said, you’ll eat more than you think!
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

You should be a chef

Return to “Camp Dinner”