Summer depression.

Coyote Killing to Waterfowl and Upland Hunting with Woodland Game Mixed In
Post Reply
duckslut
Posts: 107
Joined: June 4th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Summer depression.

Post by duckslut »

Little over a month and a half and the crutch to turkey season starts again. Hopefully the corn gets cut early enough this year for Honkers.
Attachments
119950675_3452511041474351_8632220807092063597_n.jpg
crow
Posts: 530
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Re: Summer depression.

Post by crow »

Crows and groundhogs
User avatar
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5157
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 7:50 pm
Location: Bumpass VA, moving to Fuget KY

Re: Summer depression.

Post by guesswho »

Hogs and more hogs here. It ain’t turkeys but it keeps the trigger finger in shape.
Attachments
B6CA2C4D-8B89-4A9F-925E-2B7D3B869717.jpeg
996A16E9-37F3-4409-9CAF-6F7AF4829C60.jpeg
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
User avatar
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 11949
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Summer depression.

Post by Hoobilly »

The only thing I’ve been killing so far is primers

Done a lot of 410 shooting on patterning testing

Lots of fun
Now I need more primers so I can reuse these test hulls instead of wasting hulls instead of selling to customers
Don't start none, won't be none!
Tail Feathers
Posts: 550
Joined: December 2nd, 2014, 9:27 pm
Location: E. Texas

Re: Summer depression.

Post by Tail Feathers »

We've set record highs the last two days. 103 outside right now. Too hot to fish, shoot or do much of anything outside right now. :(
duckslut
Posts: 107
Joined: June 4th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Re: Summer depression.

Post by duckslut »

Tail Feathers wrote: July 13th, 2022, 4:53 pm We've set record highs the last two days. 103 outside right now. Too hot to fish, shoot or do much of anything outside right now. :(
Im with ya there. This is the first summer in a long time I have no motivation to go fish because of the heat. I shot a few weeks back and that was brutal.
duckslut
Posts: 107
Joined: June 4th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Re: Summer depression.

Post by duckslut »

Hoobilly wrote: July 13th, 2022, 4:08 pm The only thing I’ve been killing so far is primers

Done a lot of 410 shooting on patterning testing

Lots of fun
Now I need more primers so I can reuse these test hulls instead of wasting hulls instead of selling to customers
I wish I could reuse full 3" hulls instead of tossing them. That's the problem of running loads that call for rolls
User avatar
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2658
Joined: May 13th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Location: southern onio

Re: Summer depression.

Post by Turkinator »

duckslut wrote: July 13th, 2022, 6:19 pm
Hoobilly wrote: July 13th, 2022, 4:08 pm The only thing I’ve been killing so far is primers

Done a lot of 410 shooting on patterning testing

Lots of fun
Now I need more primers so I can reuse these test hulls instead of wasting hulls instead of selling to customers
I wish I could reuse full 3" hulls instead of tossing them. That's the problem of running loads that call for rolls
I wonder if the hull conditioner that BPI sells would enable roll crimps to be reused?
User avatar
Riverrat
Posts: 134
Joined: June 8th, 2021, 9:58 pm

Re: Summer depression.

Post by Riverrat »

Turkinator wrote: July 13th, 2022, 7:03 pm
duckslut wrote: July 13th, 2022, 6:19 pm
Hoobilly wrote: July 13th, 2022, 4:08 pm The only thing I’ve been killing so far is primers

Done a lot of 410 shooting on patterning testing

Lots of fun
Now I need more primers so I can reuse these test hulls instead of wasting hulls instead of selling to customers
I wish I could reuse full 3" hulls instead of tossing them. That's the problem of running loads that call for rolls
I wonder if the hull conditioner that BPI sells would enable roll crimps to be reused?
Don’t know about the BPI but a 300 short mag works good. This is a once fired Fio hull rerolled.
Attachments
C5DE79DD-03CF-49A8-AA1B-F1AA2704789C.jpeg
Wasn't born, I was hatched!!!!!!!!!!!! and raised in Tennessee.
User avatar
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 11949
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Summer depression.

Post by Hoobilly »

Turkinator wrote: July 13th, 2022, 7:03 pm
duckslut wrote: July 13th, 2022, 6:19 pm
Hoobilly wrote: July 13th, 2022, 4:08 pm The only thing I’ve been killing so far is primers

Done a lot of 410 shooting on patterning testing

Lots of fun
Now I need more primers so I can reuse these test hulls instead of wasting hulls instead of selling to customers
I wish I could reuse full 3" hulls instead of tossing them. That's the problem of running loads that call for rolls
I wonder if the hull conditioner that BPI sells would enable roll crimps to be reused?
Yessir it would work
Don't start none, won't be none!
swampchicken
Posts: 582
Joined: March 17th, 2014, 7:12 pm
Location: Central Missouri

Re: Summer depression.

Post by swampchicken »

That's alot of honker meat in that photo!!!! I like the little grey speed demons while sitting on the tail gate parked next to a sunflower field. Not long till some wing shooting starts!
duckslut
Posts: 107
Joined: June 4th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Re: Summer depression.

Post by duckslut »

swampchicken wrote: July 15th, 2022, 8:54 pm That's alot of honker meat in that photo!!!! I like the little grey speed demons while sitting on the tail gate parked next to a sunflower field. Not long till some wing shooting starts!
Lots of jerky for the smoker
User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8279
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 10:27 am

Re: Summer depression.

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

duckslut wrote: July 13th, 2022, 2:11 pm Little over a month and a half and the crutch to turkey season starts again. Hopefully the corn gets cut early enough this year for Honkers.
That's a haul.... Miss grinding 4-5 days a week only thing that got me through.... Can't stand deer waiting... Even on slow hunts your out there cutting up.

Things change my buddies all have active kids... No time to hunt let alone put in the windshield time....
duckslut
Posts: 107
Joined: June 4th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Re: Summer depression.

Post by duckslut »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: July 15th, 2022, 11:53 pm
duckslut wrote: July 13th, 2022, 2:11 pm Little over a month and a half and the crutch to turkey season starts again. Hopefully the corn gets cut early enough this year for Honkers.
That's a haul.... Miss grinding 4-5 days a week only thing that got me through.... Can't stand deer waiting... Even on slow hunts your out there cutting up.

Things change my buddies all have active kids... No time to hunt let alone put in the windshield time....
Man waterfowl is my life priority come September until late march it never ends. Always make time for the fowl. Luckily here In Jersey I have a plethora of diversity. I gave up deer hunting years ago. That's boring and they don't gobble 😂
Attachments
82141040_2805847919474003_306981808229056512_n.jpg
Post Reply

Return to “Varmint & Small Game”