Which Youth Turkey Vest?

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
dustyroads

Which Youth Turkey Vest?

Post by dustyroads »

Looking for recommendations on a quality vest for my 13 year old son. He has been hunting for several years with an el cheapo vest with a junk seat. Looking to get him into something nicer and more comfortable. Worried the one size fits most size will swallow him up. He is 5'4" and 100 lbs.

Thanks- Dusty
Dtrkyman

Re: Which Youth Turkey Vest?

Post by Dtrkyman »

RNG 200 maybe, they adjust pretty small and are nice and light.
MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

13 is a tough age to buy for…trust me, I feel your pain! You never know how long they will fit into anything.

Maybe an Alps Impact in a small?
duckslut

Post by duckslut »

I've got an ol tom gunslinger that would fit him and grow into it more if you're Interested. It's up in the classifieds.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Dtrkyman wrote: July 9th, 2022, 8:55 pm RNG 200 maybe, they adjust pretty small and are nice and light.
+1 on the RNG 200, he probably won’t grow out of it anytime soon as the have a lot of adjustment.
dustyroads

Post by dustyroads »

turkeyinstrut wrote: July 10th, 2022, 12:41 pm
Dtrkyman wrote: July 9th, 2022, 8:55 pm RNG 200 maybe, they adjust pretty small and are nice and light.
+1 on the RNG 200, he probably won’t grow out of it anytime soon as the have a lot of adjustment.
Thanks for the suggestions I will look into the rng 200!
Thanks- Dusty
dustyroads

Post by dustyroads »

duckslut wrote: July 9th, 2022, 10:50 pm I've got an ol tom gunslinger that would fit him and grow into it more if you're Interested. It's up in the classifieds.
I saw this vest in the classifieds, I'm just worried that it won't adjust down small enough to fit him. If it would fit, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money as I know ol tom makes quality stuff.
Thanks- Dusty
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

Mossy oak had vest last and this year I believe that was labeled youth model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

WV Ridge Reaper wrote: July 10th, 2022, 3:26 pm Mossy oak had vest last and this year I believe that was labeled youth model

Yes but be careful, my daughter had one of theses and she had outgrown it last year, she got 2 years out of it and they are a very nice “youth vest” but she is 13 now and she is not very big for 13.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Following he's about my size
summitdogracing

Post by summitdogracing »

What type of turkey hunting are you two typically doing? That is to ask: “Are you guys “run and gun” or “quiet callers”? If you are sitting and calling most of the time then a good butt pad may be a higher priority.

My son likes his Alps Outdoorz Predator vest. It’s like the Grand Slam except it has a built in backpack rather than an open dump pocket. It keeps his stuff secure and don’t have to worrying about the morning layer falling out in the early afternoon on the walk out.

Food for thought.

Scotty

dustyroads

Post by dustyroads »

summitdogracing wrote: September 5th, 2022, 11:21 am What type of turkey hunting are you two typically doing? That is to ask: “Are you guys “run and gun” or “quiet callers”? If you are sitting and calling most of the time then a good butt pad may be a higher priority.

My son likes his Alps Outdoorz Predator vest. It’s like the Grand Slam except it has a built in backpack rather than an open dump pocket. It keeps his stuff secure and don’t have to worrying about the morning layer falling out in the early afternoon on the walk out.

Food for thought.

Was mainly looking for a really good butt pad and a good fitting vest. We do a fair amount of sitting and calling. He isn't packing a terrible lot of gear, so storage isn't as big of a concern. I will check out the alps predator vest. Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”