5 11 Taclite pants

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

5 11 Taclite pants

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Does anyone have a pair of these.... I wear Wrangler Riggs for alot of hunting love em, Ripstop is great walking through berry bushes, thorns etc but they get warm late season.... Wrangler makes some lighter Ripstop pants but I stumbled across these

Ripstop, Teflon coated, thicker knees and butt... I know there designed for tactical use but I don't carry, I don't participate in militia drills but the pocket design looks good for turkey...

I don't live in a place you can just go look at stuff.... So does anyone have a pair?Are they light? Flexible? Pocket design? True to size?

Thank you so much but in advance if you could provide a legitimate review.... I will be forever thankful if you could save me the pain of making a bad purchase or making a purchase I am so delighted to have made.... I frequent alot of sites and could look anywhere for reviews, but there is no place that provides real world useful, trustworthy worthy reviews like the brethren of Gobbler Nation...

If I do purchase these pants know every step I'll be like "Thank goodness for "member" insightful review these pants are the shizzle and this hunt would not be the same without his foresight... Or that bleepidy "member" I outta wrap these pants around his neck, either know he's halfway across the country he ruined my hunt...

Thanks

https://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-pants.html
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: 5 11 Taclite pants

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Nobody?
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Tom,
I've worn 5.11 pants for 20 years. Back when I first got on the bomb squad, we had to wear 100% cotton pants and 5.11's were the "go to" pants. My department has now gone to the STRYKE pants for Troopers and Agents. I wear them on a regular basis and really like them. I can't speak for the model you are looking at, but I believe they are very similar to the STRYKE pants, except the STRYKE pants have a hidden type elastic waistband which gives you a good inch if not more in the waistband. I would say, yes they are true to size. I have not used them for hunting where I've worn them through briars or anything, but do have pairs that I've had for years and are still holding up. Like advertised, they have the reinforced knees, etc., which help out. I don't think you'll be unhappy if you try them out.

Also look at LAPOLICEGEAR.COM, they have a ton of tactical/cargo type pants.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

https://www.511tactical.com/stryke-pant.html
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

5.11 makes good stuff. Their pants are quality made and durable. If you like the fit (and I do) they will hold up and last a long time. They are comfortable, and are designed for active people. Some of their features are taken from specialty clothing like mountain climbing pants and hikers. The 5.11 duty boots were/are the most comfortable I found in my career. I retired but still use them for trips to the woods and backup turkey boots.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Thanks Guys feedback I was looking for....

And Kevin I was waiting on your response Seeings you are YOUR presidents front line of defense when he comes to town
2nd100

Post by 2nd100 »

I've worn them for years as a conductor and engineer . Served me well and were tough as nails . Being a big guy I like the fit especially in the crotch . Very few problems with a dozen pairs or more throughout 20 years.
10th Legion legionare !
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

My partner yesterday was wearing them. Actually commented on how good they were. Check out 511s' return policy. I wear 511s' but they are the 65/35 poly/cotton mix due to body fluid contact. Please, definitely listen to CamoMan on comfort, no BS. He wears for the Safety factor and is in a very high body temp and mobility factor when working.
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Once again thanks guys I think imma order a pair... We have a Midwest chain Dunham's that carries 511 but that place crap shoot
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 17th, 2022, 2:31 pm Thanks Guys feedback I was looking for....

And Kevin I was waiting on your response Seeings you are YOUR presidents front line of defense when he comes to town
Now that's funny right there.....I don't care who ya are!!!!!!! :geek: :geek: :D :D :D :D
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
firedup

Post by firedup »

Just saw this. Wore 5.11 cotton AND taclite pants for years as work gear. Ultimately would wear the cotton out but never did kill a pair of taclite. Both excellent. Cant go wrong there.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

firedup wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 11:17 am Just saw this. Wore 5.11 cotton AND taclite pants for years as work gear. Ultimately would wear the cotton out but never did kill a pair of taclite. Both excellent. Cant go wrong there.
That's awesome to know... Went to Dunham's last night they advertise 5-11 oy shirts no pants must be they sell alot to yuppys.. They did have Been tactical pants they were nice.... I looked at those and another brand I'm ultimately am gonna get Taclite but looking at the others gave me idea of pocket configuration and I like it
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 11:25 am
firedup wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 11:17 am Just saw this. Wore 5.11 cotton AND taclite pants for years as work gear. Ultimately would wear the cotton out but never did kill a pair of taclite. Both excellent. Cant go wrong there.
That's awesome to know... Went to Dunham's last night they advertise 5-11 oy shirts no pants must be they sell alot to yuppys.. They did have Been tactical pants they were nice.... I looked at those and another brand I'm ultimately am gonna get Taclite but looking at the others gave me idea of pocket configuration and I like it
I love my Berne. Wish the liteweight ones wouldn’t let briars in lol
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Chief Razor

Post by Chief Razor »

I wore the 5.11 taclite and stryker pants for work daily for the past 8 years or so. About a year ago I got a few pair of the wrangler acg pants and those have become my favorite. They can usually be found for half the price of the taclite and a third of what the strykers run. Cant really go wrong either way.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Chief Razor wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 8:48 pm I wore the 5.11 taclite and stryker pants for work daily for the past 8 years or so. About a year ago I got a few pair of the wrangler acg pants and those have become my favorite. They can usually be found for half the price of the taclite and a third of what the strykers run. Cant really go wrong either way.
I wear Wrangler ATG khakis in a couple different colors love em, comfy light... Tractor Supply has ATG X series and they are sweet, Ripstop.... I cannot find the specific model our tsc has on Wrangler website to see what other colors they offer....
Chief Razor

Post by Chief Razor »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 10:31 pm
Chief Razor wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 8:48 pm I wore the 5.11 taclite and stryker pants for work daily for the past 8 years or so. About a year ago I got a few pair of the wrangler acg pants and those have become my favorite. They can usually be found for half the price of the taclite and a third of what the strykers run. Cant really go wrong either way.
I wear Wrangler ATG khakis in a couple different colors love em, comfy light... Tractor Supply has ATG X series and they are sweet, Ripstop.... I cannot find the specific model our tsc has on Wrangler website to see what other colors they offer....
Yes ATG not ACG…. I was able to find some from walmart online for under $20. Just as comfortable and durable then the 5.11 strykers
dirtnap

Post by dirtnap »

I've worn them for 20 years or more. We had them as uniform pants initially and I liked them so much I started wearing them all the time. They were making realtree pattern pants several years ago and I bought 3 pairs to hunt. I eventually wore them out. The crotches will eventually tear out of them. I usually get about 2 years out of them. And I pretty much wear them every day.

I am wearing the taclite pants now. I like them and hunted with them all of deer season and this past spring. I ordered another pair just to have a replacement. You can catch them on sale if you are patient.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”