Pork Tenderloin

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Pork Tenderloin

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I love pork tenderloin I find them on sale I buy a few for freezer.... Pretty dang versatile.... Just a dip in egg and a light costing cornmeal into cast iron a few minutes each side.... Pretty dang tasty and something different from me doing the whole
Polish_20220622_165612431.jpg
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Pork Tenderloin

Post by spider316 »

Never thought of fried pork, forgot about cornmeal. Not a big corn on the cob person. But, I could force myself to enjoy it !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Looks great. I'm not a huge pork tenderloin guy but cornmeal breading would definitely take it to another level.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

spider316 wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 7:05 pm Never thought of fried pork, forgot about cornmeal. Not a big corn on the cob person. But, I could force myself to enjoy it !
It's good mom used do it this way not cornmeal.... Not much different than breaded Venny medallions....

Tommorow I'll make sammichs out of the leftovers

I love pork tenderloin, when I find them 2.99 3.50 a lb I buy a few....
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Looks yummy!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

that is a quick and tasty meal!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 7:18 pm Looks great. I'm not a huge pork tenderloin guy but cornmeal breading would definitely take it to another level.
Really? I've really come to really like them.... I buy all natural simple brine them, watch my temps they're always juicy, melt in mouth tender....

Cornmeal batter is becoming my favorite.... Ma never really used it, I like it on about everything... Makes the best dang zucchini that is for sure..
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Yeah. Not a huge pork guy. I love bacon and a stand up pork chop but don't eat roasts or loin, often. :dontknow:
They're ok but I'd do beef first.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Looks good.

I like pork tenderloin. We user to buy them and cook them whole at work when I worked at the nuke plant. We had a small kitchen in the control room. We'd rub them down with a Carolina seasoning and wrap them in foil then open at the end to crisp the coating up some.

I've tried to smoke one and it was just too dry for me. There's a local smoke trailer that sells good ribs and beef brisket but their pork (besides ribs) is loin and not shoulder. It's got great flavor but too dry.

I really like to slice a cooked ham, dredge in flour, and fry. My grandmother would do it after we'd had a Christmas ham.

I'm sure I'd like the cornmeal loin as well and I love good corn on the cob. My dad grew piles of sweet corn and sold it from his truck. When my nephew got married last month, the pastor that married them joked that she'd joined the "Pegram Sweet Corn Mafia". :)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 9:56 pm Looks good.

I like pork tenderloin. We user to buy them and cook them whole at work when I worked at the nuke plant. We had a small kitchen in the control room. We'd rub them down with a Carolina seasoning and wrap them in foil then open at the end to crisp the coating up some.

I've tried to smoke one and it was just too dry for me. There's a local smoke trailer that sells good ribs and beef brisket but their pork (besides ribs) is loin and not shoulder. It's got great flavor but too dry.

I really like to slice a cooked ham, dredge in flour, and fry. My grandmother would do it after we'd had a Christmas ham.

I'm sure I'd like the cornmeal loin as well and I love good corn on the cob. My dad grew piles of sweet corn and sold it from his truck. When my nephew got married last month, the pastor that married them joked that she'd joined the "Pegram Sweet Corn Mafia". :)
Yeah these lil dudes in the smoker be a waste of time what, 30-40 max....

I've done a buncha tenderloin lately whole, I just wanted do something a bit different and it was really good for a change of pace ..

I've smoke alot of pork loins.... It's lean. I'm a true believer in buying all natural simple brine 1tbl Kosher 1 c water.... I really watch my loins and tenderloins pull 140...
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

The couple that I tried were actually pork sirloin roast but still really lean. I think we talked about them on here. They tasted good but I prefer a shoulder on the smoker that I can pull apart or chop. It's hard to dry them out though, so that makes it easier for my smoking abilities. :)

Return to “Camp Dinner”