Another Strong Storm

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Another Strong Storm

Post by HunterGKS »

Monday night, 06/13/2022, we had another storm that had some very strong winds.
We had severe thunderstorm warnings in my area & south of me there were tornado
watches/warnings. The winds were almost as strong as those in the May storm which
took down 2 of my large pines. I had a lot of small limbs & branches, most of them
dead, which I cleaned up early this morning, but nothing major.

I noticed when I got home Tuesday from lunch that the wheat field across the road
from me got hammered pretty hard. I’m not sure if it will stand up but I kind of
doubt it.

There were a lot of limbs down all around town & a lot of people were without power.
One of the side streets I use to get to the fitness center was closed & I did see 1 tree
& a couple of poles down & suspect there were more poles down.

Hopefully we’re done with the major storms for awhile. Now all we have is 90+
degree weather with which to contend.

001.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Another Strong Storm

Post by Samm4770 »

That’s a bad storm right there
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

All we have right now is heat and humidity. Friday it should start going back to normal

Hope y’all don’t get anymore storm damage
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

We're supposed to get blasted tonight. Tornado warnings for the whole state right now.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Hoobilly wrote: June 15th, 2022, 5:18 pm All we have right now is heat and humidity. Friday it should start going back to normal

Hope y’all don’t get anymore storm damage
We're supposed to get back to normal tomorrow & stay that way until nest Tues when it's
back into the mid 90s with t-storms, Wed, Thur, & Fri then back to normal.

I has some outside work that had to be done today so I went out at 6 this morning. Only
took a little more than an hour but the humidity kicked my ass.
George

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Samm4770 wrote: June 15th, 2022, 5:09 pm That’s a bad storm right there
The 1 we had in May was even worse.
George

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Hognutz wrote: June 15th, 2022, 5:38 pm We're supposed to get blasted tonight. Tornado warnings for the whole state right now.
Stay safe. Hope there is minimal damage if any.
George

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

We got hammered here in Holmes county. The damage is pretty devastating and wide spread. Many lost their homes, roofs, barns, cars etc... Massive flooding. Power has been out since Monday night. Hundreds of roads closed, most businesses are still closed. Thousands of trees down across the roads, on power lines, on houses, on card. The clean up will take years, it is a real mess. I am thankful we made it through with no major damage and have a generator to run about half our house. Our neighbors are not all that lucky.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Prayers for all involved. We got lucky here. Most of the carnage was north and west of us. Monroe county got hammered.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

I was just at my buddy's trying to get a game plan for the cleanup. We stopped counting at 200 trees over 14 inches around that were down. Not counting branches and smaller trees or how many more there are. We are going to use 2 track hoes and he is going to rent a commercial chipper. We will just feed it with the track hoes
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

jsh909 wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:17 am I was just at my buddy's trying to get a game plan for the cleanup. We stopped counting at 200 trees over 14 inches around that were down. Not counting branches and smaller trees or how many more there are. We are going to use 2 track hoes and he is going to rent a commercial chipper. We will just feed it with the track hoes
Sorry to hear of all the devastation. There are a lot of people still without power. Could any of those large trees be sold for lumber?
George

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

HunterGKS wrote: June 17th, 2022, 1:05 pm
jsh909 wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:17 am I was just at my buddy's trying to get a game plan for the cleanup. We stopped counting at 200 trees over 14 inches around that were down. Not counting branches and smaller trees or how many more there are. We are going to use 2 track hoes and he is going to rent a commercial chipper. We will just feed it with the track hoes
Sorry to hear of all the devastation. There are a lot of people still without power. Could any of those large trees be sold for lumber?
Hopefully, which is why we were counting the bigger ones. The mills are overwhelmed right now though locally and with fuel prices, trucking them isn't making a whole lot of sense. We are going to clean up and pile the bigger ones for now. Time will tell, but even that is going to require a ton of room. It's fully up to him at this point how he wants to handle that end we have all the equipment needed for clean up and transport if he needs it other than the chipper. So the ball is kind of in his court on that end, but some of it should be salvageable for sure as long as it doesn't lay too long
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

jsh909 wrote: June 17th, 2022, 3:32 pm
Hopefully, which is why we were counting the bigger ones. The mills are overwhelmed right now though locally and with fuel prices, trucking them isn't making a whole lot of sense. We are going to clean up and pile the bigger ones for now. Time will tell, but even that is going to require a ton of room. It's fully up to him at this point how he wants to handle that end we have all the equipment needed for clean up and transport if he needs it other than the chipper. So the ball is kind of in his court on that end, but some of it should be salvageable for sure as long as it doesn't lay too long
You probably are already going to do this but, if not, stack the logs on top of smaller pieces to keep it up off the ground.
George

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

HunterGKS wrote: June 17th, 2022, 3:52 pm
jsh909 wrote: June 17th, 2022, 3:32 pm

You probably are already going to do this but, if not, stack the logs on top of smaller pieces to keep it up off the ground.
Thanks George, yea we will cross hatch some landing areas for the big logs. Gonna take a little bit of excavating first to make room and some flat spots, but yea they will be off the ground. we are all trying to get our things done at home and at work first. I think I got the last of mine done here at the house today. still need to clean up a bit tonight and then start again tomorrow.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”