It sure goes fast….

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
wisgobbler997

It sure goes fast….

Post by wisgobbler997 »

It was a good season, although I do think bird numbers are down. I didn’t see as many jakes as I’d like to see for the future and the hills seem to continue getting higher and steeper. Kinda wonder how many years I’m gonna run and gun these bluffs the way I have for so long.
I held three tags and filled two. One with my first double bearded Tom. I’m happy with that. I hunted a couple days with my best friend and he killed a great bird as well.
I wait all year long for this and it seems like it flies by so fast. I love everything about it including the 3 AM wake ups, the birds that gobble giving hope then just wander off for some reason, the days it rains and I hunt wet, the days the wind blows and I hunt mostly deaf, the days I hump uphill and downhill until my legs feel like they just can’t pick my feet up for another step. (Seems like I used to be able to do a lot more picking up than I can now.) it also seems like I’m having more difficulty hearing distant gobble than I once did. I’m guessing I’ve probably got more hunts behind me than before me at this point. But, I feel blessed by what I’m able to enjoy. There’s nothing like the springtime turkey woods. I hope your season was as precious and rewarding as mine was to me. If your still in it then I hope you take a moment to just soak it in and bask in its glory. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhogue

Re: It sure goes fast….

Post by jhogue »

Well put. We don’t always see the success in the kills that we hope for, but spring turkey hunting is so much more than killing. I’m on the earlier end of my turkey hunting career. So do me, a lot of the ups are downs are about leading something for the next hunt or the next season. Amongst all of it, there are new experiences and new people that make it all great. I stumbled up on a young bull elk in Tennessee that was completely unexpected.

Glad you had an enjoyable season. Hope you get many more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Gobbler Talk”