most comfortable warm weather rubber boots

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
RBMTDJager

most comfortable warm weather rubber boots

Post by RBMTDJager »

Spent the day chasing turkeys with my best friend in an area that had a LOT of rain for over a week now and was rather surprised as this area which has always been mostly dry despite past years of heavy rain was quite wet and I spent about 30% of my time slogging through standing water. My Gore-tex boots did well at keeping my feet dry, but I had many instances where my travel path had to be altered to avoid going through water over my boot tops which became quite the PITA for me.

Unfortunately my friends rubber boots do not come in 14 let alone 15 W/XW.

I was wondering if anyone with 14 or 15 sized feet has sufficient experience with walking a decent amount of miles (+/- 5-6 miles a day) in calf high uninsulated rubber boots to know they wont end up causing issues like blisters and can recommend them. I own some great rubber boots (16" Lacrosse Burlies) but they all have heavy insulation and are for cold weather deer hunting and would be entirely unsuitable for warm weather use.

Lastly to my great misfortune I wear 14 or 15 W/XW boots.
Last edited by RBMTDJager on May 6th, 2022, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: most comfortable warm weather rubber boots

Post by Hoobilly »

I wear a 9 or a 9W

Sorry but I can’t help you on boots like that

How tall are you?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
RBMTDJager

Post by RBMTDJager »

6'-2"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

RBMTDJager wrote: May 5th, 2022, 9:53 pm6'-2"
Tall enough
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
RBMTDJager

Post by RBMTDJager »

My 19yo and 16yo are both 6'-3" both 280+ and both still growing, both wear 15XW.
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Doesn’t lacrosse make an Uinsulated rubber boot?
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Samm4770 wrote: May 5th, 2022, 10:39 pm Doesn’t lacrosse make an Uinsulated rubber boot?
Yes. I have a pair.
hootgobbleyelpgobble

Post by hootgobbleyelpgobble »

Check out the LaCrosse Grange boots. About as lightweight as you can get with rubber boots.
RBMTDJager

Post by RBMTDJager »

Thanks for the suggestion and I am considering Lacrosse as a possible boot choice.
ShortMagFan

Post by ShortMagFan »

I broke down and bought a $500 pair of la cheamaeu boots at the start of covid. I bet I’ve put 300 miles on the the last 3 years between turkey and deer season. They’ve been great. And are showing zero signs of wear. I’ve had about every pair of lacrosse boots made and had a complaint about all of them.
Lacire

Post by Lacire »

I hunted all spring turkey season in a pair of unlined Le Chameau Traqueur boots, very comfortable and they look to be holding up really good. I also have a pair of lined Lacrosse AlphaBurly pros but you can also get these unlined. The Le Chameau are a lot lighter but in your size I think a pair of the Lacrosse will be easier to find.
PharmHunter

Post by PharmHunter »

hootgobbleyelpgobble wrote: May 6th, 2022, 11:09 am Check out the LaCrosse Grange boots. About as lightweight as you can get with rubber boots.
Can't beat em!
Swamp Hunter

Post by Swamp Hunter »

hootgobbleyelpgobble wrote: May 6th, 2022, 11:09 am Check out the LaCrosse Grange boots. About as lightweight as you can get with rubber boots.
Being from the deep south where the temps are warm and hunting flood plain bottomland for 95% of my season, uninsulated LaCrosse Grange are my go to boots. Now, I'm not 6'5" or 250+ lbs but I put many, many miles on a pair of Grange boots each spring and even in the fall chasing deer and have never had any issues with them.
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

Lacrosse Grange are comfortable for warm weather and get the job done. They used to be made in the USA but changed to overseas a few years ago. You can tell the difference. The "new" ones don't last as long but they still work.
bwhana

Post by bwhana »

Tingleys have been my goto for several years and probably the lightest available. Buy a size larger than normal and use good aftermarket insoles for max benefits. They are pretty much the same material as crocs.

https://www.tingleyrubber.com/products/ ... ght-boot-1
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

bwhana wrote: May 10th, 2022, 2:31 pm Tingleys have been my goto for several years and probably the lightest available. Buy a size larger than normal and use good aftermarket insoles for max benefits. They are pretty much the same material as crocs.

https://www.tingleyrubber.com/products/ ... ght-boot-1
My son has worn Tingleys for the last couple of years. I plan to try a pair next year.
FLGobstopper

Post by FLGobstopper »

I have some Tingleys with Yoder Chaps and their awesome for wading through a flooded river swamp that's over knee deep. I bought just for the purpose of getting through those types of obstacles. https://www.conkeysoutdoors.com/cgi/dis ... ot-Tingley

I'm not sure how they'd be without the chaps being attached to my belt and keeping them on though. My concern would fast walking trying to move on or get in front of a distant gobbler, or when you come across some slick and soft suctioning mud. They're pretty loose around the ankles and I'd be afraid I'd loose one in hot pursuit or in the mud or muck.

How are they for you situations like that?
bwhana

Post by bwhana »

FLGobstopper wrote:I have some Tingleys with Yoder Chaps and their awesome for wading through a flooded river swamp that's over knee deep. I bought just for the purpose of getting through those types of obstacles. https://www.conkeysoutdoors.com/cgi/dis ... ot-Tingley

I'm not sure how they'd be without the chaps being attached to my belt and keeping them on though. My concern would fast walking trying to move on or get in front of a distant gobbler, or when you come across some slick and soft suctioning mud. They're pretty loose around the ankles and I'd be afraid I'd loose one in hot pursuit or in the mud or muck.

How are they for you situations like that?
I don't hunt that type of terrain, so it has never been tested on my part. If I hunted in your situations, I would also go with the Yoder chaps, and several I know in swampy areas further south swear by them.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”