Covid question?

A place for you health nuts and slackers to share your tips on staying in shape for seasons to come.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Covid question?

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

alpha burnt wrote: May 12th, 2022, 11:15 pm In my opinion, the virus is real but has been politically weaponized and I question its origin. Also, it’s timing. Something to watch for, without another “outbreak” in late summer of 2022, you can’t shut the whole works down and require people to have a bunch of “mail in” ballots in the upcoming November election. Hope I’m just being cynical and I’m wrong but time will tell…
Yup the Election Infection

I agree the virus is real and it does kill people mainly obese, elderly and those with underlying conditions. Than you look at the death statistics of vaxed vs unvaxed really makes you think... That coupled with the ineffectiveness of the lockdowns that this turned into a big experiment once the virus took hold....
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

The vaccinations have limited usefulness. We have been sold a pack of lies by our government and the drug companies so fear could be fostered, votes could be procured and money could be made. Any immunity offered by the vaccine fades exponentially over a surprising short time. Yes, natural immunity is best. On a conspiracy theory note, I personally think this virus was “manufactured “ and turned loose on us for a very specific reason….Don’t even get me started on what the vaccine may be doing to our bodies outside of COVID immunity (😂).
My view is not popular but it’s my view. I see the flu vaccine the same way. Look at the mortality rates of flu on sites other than cdc. The death rate fluctuates just as it did years ago and according to what strain is out there- if you are at risk, take it but it’s a roll of the dice whether it does u any good.
COVID vaccine is another animal all together… it may help, it may not and it probably has bad side effects regardless. I personally think it’s a big experiment to see what they can do and what they can force us to do. Better stay ‘woke…..
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

With each new circulating variant, there's potential for partial or complete evasion of existing immunity, either by vaccination, previous infection, or both. This has been evident with the Omicron variants. And as far as vaccinations go, the only breakthrough cases I've heard of from family and friends have been mild. The bad cases hit people before the vaccines were available, OR afterwards to a few who have refused to be vaccinated. Although that's purely anecdotal evidence, I don't know anybody, including myself, who regrets getting vaccinated.

Now playing in my conspiracy ear: China knows something about this virus that they ain't sharing. There's a reason the citizens are getting totally locked down.
henry02

Post by henry02 »

How was your physical fitness in COVID? When were you able to return to exercise? I usually played table tennis in my home garage in lockdown season. I've read all kinds of things about returning to exercise here including taking 4-6 weeks off after covid! I know you aren't supposed to exercise while you are sick and recovering.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I didn't exercise while I had COVID. First of all I was quarantined; therefore wasn't able to go to the gym. I'm really bad, if I don't go to the gym, I don't work out. I'm not a workout at home kind of guy.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Why would you not exercise ? Not you BombBoy ! So by not exercising you let your body start to decline. Get up and do one stair at a time, then two, then never quit !!!!! :old_glory:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

I taught an exercise class one morning and felt a little sluggish. The test kits that we had at home were about to expire, so I gave one a try after I got back. It was positive. The people closest to me in that class got sick the next week. Oops. :(
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote: November 15th, 2022, 5:32 pm I taught an exercise class one morning and felt a little sluggish. The test kits that we had at home were about to expire, so I gave one a try after I got back. It was positive. The people closest to me in that class got sick the next week. Oops. :(
You take any ivermectin?

I just took some more tonight
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Hoobilly wrote: November 15th, 2022, 10:13 pm
Stinky J Picklestein wrote: November 15th, 2022, 5:32 pm I taught an exercise class one morning and felt a little sluggish. The test kits that we had at home were about to expire, so I gave one a try after I got back. It was positive. The people closest to me in that class got sick the next week. Oops. :(
You take any ivermectin?

No, just some ibuprofen for the headaches...and a little bourbon. I only felt rundown for about three days, and then my sense of taste and smell went away for about a week. And then a week after that, when I thought everything was all good again, I had four asthma attacks. I hadn't had an asthma attack in over 10 years. Weird stuff.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote: November 16th, 2022, 4:58 pm
Hoobilly wrote: November 15th, 2022, 10:13 pm
You take any ivermectin?

No, just some ibuprofen for the headaches...and a little bourbon. I only felt rundown for about three days, and then my sense of taste and smell went away for about a week. And then a week after that, when I thought everything was all good again, I had four asthma attacks. I hadn't had an asthma attack in over 10 years. Weird stuff.
Yep asthma I can see happening as the Covid attacks the sinus and breathing. We have been taking ivermectin for 3 years now. When I first got sick with the vid I was 3 days into it and losing my taste a little and remembered a buddy sent me a movie his veterinarian dr sent him on ivermectin. Took it that day and 3 hours later my taste was 100% again
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

HunterGKS wrote: February 5th, 2022, 12:26 pm "The US Government reported that 400,000 people died in this country from Covid 19, in 2020"

Did they actually die FROM covid or WITH covid. There is a huge difference.
I believe they base their reports on cause of death listed on the death certificate.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Covid???
I'm guessing that you got it! 😳
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!

Return to “Health & Fitness”