Really didn't need it.......

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Really didn't need it.......

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, had a little extra time while at the office today and BAMM............Cabela's just happened to open up on my computer..........of course there's SPRING TURKEY SPECIALS..............Well I had to click on it...............Yep, it will be here Thursday!!!!! Hopefully my wife will have left to go see the kids by the time UPS delivers it?????

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas ... ng-lounger
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Really didn't need it.......

Post by spider316 »

CamoMan4025 wrote: April 26th, 2022, 11:38 am Well, had a little extra time while at the office today and BAMM............Cabela's just happened to open up on my computer..........of course there's SPRING TURKEY SPECIALS..............Well I had to click on it...............Yep, it will be here Thursday!!!!! Hopefully my wife will have left to go see the kids by the time UPS delivers it?????

That thing gonna support you, asking for a friend ? :dontknow:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Tell your friend to come down to Ole' VA and ask me in person!
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

CamoMan4025 wrote:Tell your friend to come down to Ole' VA and ask me in person!
Don’t threaten me with a good time!!! I got a 410 with foxtrot ammo hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

CamoMan4025 wrote: April 26th, 2022, 6:15 pm Tell your friend to come down to Ole' VA and ask me in person!
Says the Apple picking, pie eating Champion ! Big balls now that you gots a Governor for the peeps, Biatch ! :stir:
2nd100

Post by 2nd100 »

Believe me if it's anything like the old ones it will hold a whole lots ass .... I know I was almost 325 when I started hunting out of them !
10th Legion legionare !
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Lmao. Y’all are so funny.
Anyway I ordered the damn XLlounger. Man it’s nice to take nap in and stuff. But daggone it’s so heavy and cumbersome to carry Turkey hunting. Used one time it’s for sale. If I don’t sale it then I’ll take to the beach and sit in on vacation lol.
I’ll continue taking the smaller one. I just gotta becareful with it. They break easy when you weigh 275 and 6’2”
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Chief Razor

Post by Chief Razor »

Very comfy but just like anything else there is a trade off. I havent used one in awhile for the sake of being lighter and more mobile. If you have a good ambush spot that requires time and patience you will love it!
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

I looked for one of those in a store when I passed a BassPro. They didn’t have any in stock. Let us know what you think of the accessory pouch.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Use something like that when hunted in Kansas super comfy in flat ground
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Max. Wt. Cap. 225. Below my current range. Hell, it's been below my range for @ 30 years.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Oh I guess I missed that max weight part.....yeah, I'm definitely over the 225????
RBMTDJager

Post by RBMTDJager »

My sons and I are big people, my boys are both 6'-3" and closer to 300 than 290. I would caution you if like us are on the bigger side to be gentile in using that design of chair. Of the four I have purchased we broke three in three years. The plastic devices that serve as the connection points for the steel rods have been the weak points that broke on us in less than an entire season of use and we weren't hard on them. Mostly they broke while were were twisting in them to the extreme eft or right.

A better option for larger 225lb+ hunters is this:

My link won't post so the chir I'm recommending is a Browning/Alps flay folding turkey chair.

We have three of them and they all have served us flawlessly for three seasons now of hard but not abusive use.
Unfortunately they are no longer to be found for the under $50 price tag I paid for them but they are IMO the best most comfortable and durable turkey chairs for big 260-300lb hunters.
I would wait until the end or nearly the end of turkey season to see if anyone has them on sale for a better price.

Something to consider.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well this thing came in and I really like it. Of course I have 2 others, but I liked the shoulder straps on this one, the camo netting and the side pouches. I was too lazy to get up at 4:30 after working 13 hours each day for the last 3 days to try it out. Anyway, my wife was at our son's house this weekend while I worked. It was delivered while she was gone, so I thought....sweet.....she really doesn't need to be bothered with my hunting crap. We have outside security cameras, but I thought I could sneak by them without her seeing me.....wrong! She text me when I carried it in.... WHAT'S IN THE TALL BOX.....DANG....BUSTED!
UGH.... nothing honey.....well luckily she was pretty cool about it!
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

😂 It's getting so bad at my house that I have to sneak my new guns in the house rolled up in a new carpet!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

CamoMan4025 wrote: April 26th, 2022, 11:38 am Well, had a little extra time while at the office today and BAMM............Cabela's just happened to open up on my computer..........of course there's SPRING TURKEY SPECIALS..............Well I had to click on it...............Yep, it will be here Thursday!!!!! Hopefully my wife will have left to go see the kids by the time UPS delivers it?????

Ya' hog, ya' got the last one!!! :cry: Just kiddin' :LMAO:

Says unavailable ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well that sucks, I guess they sold out of them again????
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Cabela's has the pair of side pockets on sale for $9.97 right now. $5 shipping. It doesn't include the double shoulder sling or the camo netting but you can get some of the benefit with the pockets. I ordered that and sure wish I'd seen the thing camoman ordered before they stopped selling them. Hopefully they will become available again before next spring. I like that concept.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I'm sure they will become available again pretty soon. I haven't carried mine in the field yet, but the shoulder sling thingy is sweet. It equalizes the weight. You wouldn't believe the difference it made when I walked from my living room into the kitchen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

CamoMan4025 wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 5:39 pm I'm sure they will become available again pretty soon. I haven't carried mine in the field yet, but the shoulder sling thingy is sweet. It equalizes the weight. You wouldn't believe the difference it made when I walked from my living room into the kitchen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow! I never knew you were a hiker. I bet that wore you slap out! :D
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Damn neer kilt me!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, I finally got this thing out in the woods this morning for the first time. I wanted to write a review and let ya'll know what I think. Overall, I've very pleased with it and it's performance. The biggest thing for me was the shoulder straps. It made a huge difference from the single strap carry bag I have for my other ones. It balanced out the weight of the chair evenly and it didn't feel as heavy as my other ones. When setting in it, it was about a 4.2 **** out of 5. It didn't feel like the seat where the back fabric meets was as low as my older ones; therefore you may not lounge back as much, but if you don't have an older one, you wouldn't know any difference. When I'm sitting and I need to get up or reposition, I use my arms and push down on the arm rests. The old one felt a little weak, this thing was rock solid. As far as the side bags go, I loved them. I didn't wear my vest this morning, just threw a couple pot calls and strikers along with my pruners in the side pockets of the chair. Once I got the chair unfolded and situated, the pockets were placed perfectly. I sat in it for 2 hours this morning and had no problems.

In my opinion I feel it is a pretty solid chair even though I'm over the suggested weight limit. Oh and I just looked it up on the link at the top of this thread and it's on sale for $40 now.........Dang it!!!
chair.jpg
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Looks like you got bleacher seats at a Yankees game, hopefully you didn't pay much !
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

You know I can BAN you.....!

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”