gaep shot shell trimmer

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
b0148097

gaep shot shell trimmer

Post by b0148097 »

I have a gaep 410 shot shell trimmer. Can anyone tell me what the small accessory is that has threads one end attached to a disk with a short protuberance on the other end is used for? The overall length is no more that one to one and one-half inch. Also, one of the bolts has a knurled head and the other bolt has a smooth head. Any idea why one bolt is different that the other? I have a 20 and 12 gauge trimmer from Creative Reloading Solutions (they don't make a 410 trimmer) and there is no such accessory in those trimmer sets. Appreciate any help anyone might offer. Thanks, Bill
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: gaep shot shell trimmer

Post by jsh909 »

Are you talking about the drill press adapter?
b0148097

Re: gaep shot shell trimmer

Post by b0148097 »

Dear Sir: Thank you for answering my request for some help. I could see where that could work in a drill press. However, I am not quite up to the level of experience to attempt to use a drill press. The threads, of course, work in the sleeve. They are 5/16 in out of the little metal disk (about the size of a quarter) and the protuberance on the other side of the disk is 3/8 of an inch long. Overall this thing is 1 and 1/8 inches long. Sure looks like it would work in a drill press to me. A picture of this trimmer can be seen on eBay. GAEP Case Trimmer - Shotshell Case trimmer for .410. I tried to paste a copy of this from eBay, but I guess pasting images is prohibited. Thanks, Bill

Return to “Gun Talk”