New York turkeys

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

New York turkeys

Post by Samm4770 »

These damn New York turkeys are playing hard ball so far this season for me. Lots of gobbling on the roost. Gobbling hard for the first hour on the ground then silence! Kinda wish we could hunt past noon in this state to try and get them gobblers when there hens are gone to nest. Hope every hunter is being safe and enjoying Mother Nature. Also the ticks are horrible this year
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: New York turkeys

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

We can hunt all day here and I'm still finding gobblers with hens all day. I think they have enough hens that the hens wander back to the nest randomly and they've always got a hen or two.

Good luck in New York.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Headed to Upper in Michigan next week and will be interesting to see what's going on there ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

Samm4770 wrote: May 8th, 2022, 9:29 am These damn New York turkeys are playing hard ball so far this season for me. Lots of gobbling on the roost. Gobbling hard for the first hour on the ground then silence! Kinda wish we could hunt past noon in this state to try and get them gobblers when there hens are gone to nest. Hope every hunter is being safe and enjoying Mother Nature. Also the ticks are horrible this year
welcome to Pa and NY
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Doc Weddle and a buddy I guided with killed three the other day inNY
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Sounds like a great day of hunting there!
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: May 10th, 2022, 4:17 pm Doc Weddle and a buddy I guided with killed three the other day inNY
Doc could kill a gobbler in Alaska. :D
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: May 10th, 2022, 11:09 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: May 10th, 2022, 4:17 pm Doc Weddle and a buddy I guided with killed three the other day inNY
Trev is t no joke either he just completed the Super Slam youngest to do it

Was ironic we were guiding in KS he said he wanted to do the super slam, said I know a guy from the forums just wrote a book about it, told him doc Weddle

He laughed, said he took me on my first turkey hunt, was my mentor, showed me the ropes, hunts our place in NY...

Long story short he completed it last week... Doc drove all the way from Wyoming to Rhode island to be there when he did it...
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: May 12th, 2022, 2:04 am
Hobbes_mobile wrote: May 10th, 2022, 11:09 pm
Trev is t no joke either he just completed the Super Slam youngest to do it

Was ironic we were guiding in KS he said he wanted to do the super slam, said I know a guy from the forums just wrote a book about it, told him doc Weddle

He laughed, said he took me on my first turkey hunt, was my mentor, showed me the ropes, hunts our place in NY...

Long story short he completed it last week... Doc drove all the way from Wyoming to Rhode island to be there when he did it...
I read a little of doc's journey this year on Instagram, so I saw that, but that's a lot more of the story. That's really cool.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”