Stoeger M3020 turkey 20 GA mount for red dot

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
oldtreedog

Stoeger M3020 turkey 20 GA mount for red dot

Post by oldtreedog »

I brought my stoeger M3020 turkey 20 GA to my local gun shop to get a picatinny mount put on the gun to mount a red dot sight
the gentlemen said he couldn't do it because the receiver metal was to thin anyone have that problem or info would be much appreciated
Kylimblifter

Re: Stoeger M3020 turkey 20 GA mount for red dot

Post by Kylimblifter »

I’ve heard this before. I have the sumtoy mount on mine and it hasn’t been an issue. If you are just wanting a small red dot the mounts from meadow creek mounted on the rib are great and I would highly recommend them. My dad has his drilled and tapped with a scope on it and hasn’t had any trouble so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluetick58

Post by bluetick58 »

i have sumtoy mount on mine gunsmith drilled towards back of receiver towards stock have no problems so far the 3020 turkey model comes drilled and tapped from factory i doubt it is a different receiver
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

Is yours the actual "turkey" model? With the 24" barrel in Mossy Oak Obsession camo? If so, it should already be drilled & tapped. If it's not the turkey model, it can be drilled & tapped, but take bluetick58s advice and have it done towards the rear of the receiver. I had my 26" model done and haven't had any problems thus far. Just be sure you have a competent gunsmith do it.
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

20220422_204600.jpg
Stoeger M3020 26" barrel in Mossy Oak bottomland drilled & tapped.
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
Chief Razor

Post by Chief Razor »

Its been my experience that most gunsmiths will not drill and tap shotgun receivers up where the barrel slips into the receiver. Most will however drill and tap behind the barrel without issue. A shorter pic rail will normally resolve the issue. Good luck.

Return to “Gun Talk”