Covid question?

A place for you health nuts and slackers to share your tips on staying in shape for seasons to come.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Covid question?

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So the other night I was thinking about Covid and antibodies

I'm unvaxxed have never had Covid that I know of.. I've always had a strong immune system take after my dad...

I understand natural immunity and if you catch Covid with or without symptoms you develop antibodies...

But after two years of this everyone has been exposed once or likely numerous times...

So if you have a strong immune system and are exposed with your body fighting off the virus so you would not even have Covid not even being asymptomatic do you develop antibodies...

Essentially covids looking at your body saying le me in let me in... But your immune system says no way virus and slams the door in its face, does your immune system develop antibodies merely from an encounter it fights off...

Maybe this has been explained and I don't understand it all
Tail Feathers

Re: Covid question?

Post by Tail Feathers »

If you were exposed and caught a very mild case you develop the antibodies. You may have been asymptomatic, but you have to get it to get any natural immunity. Apparently, like the shots, natural immunity fades in effectiveness over time.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

Ask Dr Falsey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Tail Feathers wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 12:21 am If you were exposed and caught a very mild case you develop the antibodies. You may have been asymptomatic, but you have to get it to get any natural immunity. Apparently, like the shots, natural immunity fades in effectiveness over time.
From my understanding that’s not all true. Natural immunity doesn’t just fade as it’s been imprinted to fight over your lifetime

The vaccines are not what they have been cracked up to be.

The cancer cases are exploding and reported to be up 300%

Myocarditis has exploded along with heart attacks in all age groups.

Hospitals are not treating you when you first arrive to get tested
They want you to come back. When you do come back it’s time for the ventilator so they can collect that govt money

Early treatment with the right medication saves lives

Sending people home with no treatment and telling you to come back and then be out on a ventilator to die on my eyes is murder
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

If the bodies production of antibodies and natural immunity was inviolate there would be no colds or the flu. There is a viable reason that specific flu shots are developed and issued every year. Transmutation and change is the norm for a virus and Covid 19 and all the current and future iterations will be with us now until the end of time. Get over it, get on with your lives, and realize that, in the greater scheme of viral endemics, the world wide impact of this virus medically has been relatively minor compared to smallpox, polio, the Spanish flu, chickenpox, rubella and mumps.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

decoykrvr wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 9:33 am If the bodies production of antibodies and natural immunity was inviolate there would be no colds or the flu. There is a viable reason that specific flu shots are developed and issued every year. Transmutation and change is the norm for a virus and Covid 19 and all the current and future iterations will be with us now until the end of time. Get over it, get on with your lives, and realize that, in the greater scheme of viral endemics, the world wide impact of this virus medically has been relatively minor compared to smallpox, polio, the Spanish flu, chickenpox, rubella and mumps.
Exactly and well said.

The way this Covid has been handled is sickening

The amount of people who have actually died from Covid should be way less if the hospital system didn’t listen to the government stipulations so inflated numbers to cause fear and keep it going would’ve just treated with whatever actually defeats the virus.

I read Kansas passed a law that hospitals and pharmacy’s had to give out the ivermectin prescribed for Covid patients

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

decoykrvr wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 9:33 am If the bodies production of antibodies and natural immunity was inviolate there would be no colds or the flu. There is a viable reason that specific flu shots are developed and issued every year. Transmutation and change is the norm for a virus and Covid 19 and all the current and future iterations will be with us now until the end of time. Get over it, get on with your lives, and realize that, in the greater scheme of viral endemics, the world wide impact of this virus medically has been relatively minor compared to smallpox, polio, the Spanish flu, chickenpox, rubella and mumps.
While I agree with the last portion of your answer... I don't know if you were answering this in haste to my question I'm just curious...

I believe your trying to answer it in the first part... All I'm asking is can a healthy immune system fight off the virus where one would never be infected and thus the battle.with the virus would make the immune system stronger to the virus
Tpatt

Post by Tpatt »

Never had the flu, a few colds mainly in the fall and spring. Only go to the doctor once a year for a physical (discount for co. insurance) Than twice a year for blood test(due to medicine for blood pressure and cholesterol) Anyhow I went on vacation 12/27/21. Around 4pm after working around the house. I started feeling like crap, just brushed it off. Next morning woke up with a fever 99.8 Woke up rest of week with a fever till Friday morning. Had 2 days that the highest was 101.3 Felt good rest of weekend. Contacted my manager, said go get tested. Tested positive, I'm not vax, only had dry cough. They sent me home offered no help. Had to stay home another week due to company. Went to work on the 01/10, felt like crap all day. On 01/11 went to the ER. Omitted in hospital, blood oxygen at 70. Than they found I had pneumonia. Gave me a iv and on oxygen, through the nose. Stayed 3 days. Now I'm at the house with a oxygen machine. Thanks goodness that the Dr. said I could remove it some during the day. The oxygen level stays from 90 to 95 as long as I'm setting, 80 to 84 walking to the kitchen. So my immune system did a 1/2 ass job protecting me. Hoping it will do better the next time.
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I hunted cranes a few weeks ago w/ an old friend, an MD who teaches at the Univ of NC College of Medicine who is probably one of the smartest and most well read Dr's that I know.. My friend and I have communicated extensively for the last two years about virology w/ emphasis on Covid. According to my friend, we know less about the virus than we know, especially relating to the efficacy of the vaccines, gained and long term immunity, and innate or natural immunity. The immunosuppressive response by an individual to a given virus is an ever variable scenario dictated by a myriad of factors which are constantly changing. An individual's body chemistry, resistance, and overall health are determinate in the ability to fight off viral and bacterial infections. I had a really bad cold (maybe Covid) several weeks ago which I got over after 7-8 days, I'll guarantee that I have been exposed to the same virus since then, but I haven't gotten sick again. However, a slight variation in the structure of the virus, or a different viral strain might make me ill again. Unfortunately w/ viruses there are no definite answers, just ask everyone who had all three Covid -19 boosters and still contracted the Omicron variant. I've sold surgical masks for over 30 years now, and unless the mask is a hospital grade OR mask, it's basically worthless.
Last edited by decoykrvr on February 3rd, 2022, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuckyT

Post by BuckyT »

I’m not vaccinated. Not going to get jabbed either. Caught it back in Nov of 2020. Lost my sense of smell for 3 months. Felt like I was wearing lead clothes for about 5 days. Caught the omicron variant a few weeks back. It was like having a cold. Wasn’t too bad. My wife was forced into getting vaccinated through work…. She caught the big O. It kicked her tail. Fever for 4 days, another solid 7 days of recovery. Both my kids had the big 0, 13yrs and 9yrs old. Not vaccinated. They showed minor symptoms for a couple of days.

I’m not diving off into politics on a hunting forum… but…. Anything the CDC, Fauci, Media, or any politician says, rolls right off my back. $&@! them….. And a big 🖕to China.
bwhana

Post by bwhana »

Your post is very complicated to respond to due many variables! There is a small % of the population that were exposed in their past to a coronavirus that was close enough to covid and built special antibodies that they are pretty much immune to it forever. There are some that got exposed during the outbreak and showed no symptoms and never knew they had it, but built anitibodies, but may lose steam over time. Very many have had the original virus or Delta, and still get Omicron, shots or no shots. If you get Omicron, the data highly suggests you cannot catch the previous variants, and possible future variants for a while. I'm not vaxxed, and caught Omicron 3 weeks ago from someone who was and he did not show symptoms until the last day of our hunt in AL. As Aaron Rodgers said, I've been immunized! The real shame of this whole situation is that real science (using medicines off label such as Ivermectin and others as treatment) has been overridden by political science (as if grandma's hand sewn cotton t-shirt mask can really stop an aerosol virus) the whole way.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

bwhana wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 2:40 pm Your post is very complicated to respond to due many variables! There is a small % of the population that were exposed in their past to a coronavirus that was close enough to covid and built special antibodies that they are pretty much immune to it forever. There are some that got exposed during the outbreak and showed no symptoms and never knew they had it, but built anitibodies, but may lose steam over time. Very many have had the original virus or Delta, and still get Omicron, shots or no shots. If you get Omicron, the data highly suggests you cannot catch the previous variants, and possible future variants for a while. I'm not vaxxed, and caught Omicron 3 weeks ago from someone who was and he did not show symptoms until the last day of our hunt in AL. As Aaron Rodgers said, I've been immunized! The real shame of this whole situation is that real science (using medicines off label such as Ivermectin and others as treatment) has been overridden by political science (as if grandma's hand sewn cotton t-shirt mask can really stop an aerosol virus) the whole way.
Thank you
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

All I gonna say about it is never say your immune system is too tough for anything. Everyone gonna get it. Some worse than others. It’s a real virus. Tired of the political bullshat.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

bwhana wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 2:40 pm Your post is very complicated to respond to due many variables! There is a small % of the population that were exposed in their past to a coronavirus that was close enough to covid and built special antibodies that they are pretty much immune to it forever. There are some that got exposed during the outbreak and showed no symptoms and never knew they had it, but built anitibodies, but may lose steam over time. Very many have had the original virus or Delta, and still get Omicron, shots or no shots. If you get Omicron, the data highly suggests you cannot catch the previous variants, and possible future variants for a while. I'm not vaxxed, and caught Omicron 3 weeks ago from someone who was and he did not show symptoms until the last day of our hunt in AL. As Aaron Rodgers said, I've been immunized! The real shame of this whole situation is that real science (using medicines off label such as Ivermectin and others as treatment) has been overridden by political science (as if grandma's hand sewn cotton t-shirt mask can really stop an aerosol virus) the whole way.
say that louder for the guys in the back!

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

OLE RASPY wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 8:29 pm All I gonna say about it is never say your immune system is too tough for anything. Everyone gonna get it. Some worse than others. It’s a real virus. Tired of the political bullshat.
Exactly what I tell everyone around here

Not if you get it, but when

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

OLE RASPY wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 8:29 pm All I gonna say about it is never say your immune system is too tough for anything. Everyone gonna get it. Some worse than others. It’s a real virus. Tired of the political bullshat.
That's not what I'm saying I'm.just asking if your body encounters it fights it off first time with you never being infected merely exposed do you build antibodies...
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Two years ago, I heard an Epidemiologists/Virologists from California who has worked w/ Corona viruses since the late 70's predict that due to the nature of the virus, everyone would eventually come in contact w/ the virus, catch it, and the majority would get over it. He went on to mention that we annually loose between 50,000 and 60,000 people to the flu. Interestingly, reported flu deaths the last two years have been abnormally low which the Fauchi clones claim is due to "social distancing". The annual death rate in the US not caused by accidents, drug overdose, or self inflected has been growing every year due to an ageing population. In 2018, 2,839,205 people died, , 20,702 more than 2017. In 2019, 2,855,00 died, 16,300 more than 2018. In 2020, 2,913,144 people died, 56,614 more than in 2019. The US Government reported that 400,000 people died in this country from Covid 19, in 2020. Unlike the CDC , the numbers don't lie. Why doesn't the increase in annual deaths for 2020, actually reflect the 400,000 additional Covid 19 deaths? Your government opted to report a significant number of deaths, regardless the actual cause and in many cases without even testing, as attributable to Covid 19. In 2020 and 2021, the death rate from the most common illnesses, diseases, cancers, heart disease, lung disease, major systems failure, old age all declined from the 2019, Pre-Covid 19 levels. We now know that surface transmission for Covid 19 was overstated, and that the efficacy of social distancing and shut downs/school closings was minimal in potential lives saved. Think about it!!!
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 10:11 pm
That's not what I'm saying I'm.just asking if your body encounters it fights it off first time with you never being infected merely exposed do you build antibodies...
If your body encounters it and fights it off, you were infected. If you are exposed but not infected your immune system did nothing.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

"The US Government reported that 400,000 people died in this country from Covid 19, in 2020"

Did they actually die FROM covid or WITH covid. There is a huge difference.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

emmastoneviral23 wrote: May 12th, 2022, 9:49 am It's all about improving your immune system and for that is to workout daily.
You don't hear the CDC or doctors for that matter talk about that.... The obese took one of the largest hits from Covid....

My favorite candidate in our gubernatorial race is a chiropractor, he has stressed making your body a temple if greatness through eating, supplements and exercise through all this... The left has dubbed him anti vaxx....
Fullfan

Post by Fullfan »

I thought the same thing. I work in a school of 400 kids, my wife owns a gymnastics gym and is around 400-500 kids a month. We both are unvaccinated and thought were were immune. Until the wife went to Alabama to judge the NCAA regional gymnastics. Boom she came home and was sick within a day. I got it 2 days later, it was not bad from my prospective. Both us us just had no energy and slept for about 4 days. Both of us tested hot for Covid.
Shawnee Cowboy

Post by Shawnee Cowboy »

Hoobilly wrote:
Tail Feathers wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 12:21 am If you were exposed and caught a very mild case you develop the antibodies. You may have been asymptomatic, but you have to get it to get any natural immunity. Apparently, like the shots, natural immunity fades in effectiveness over time.
From my understanding that’s not all true. Natural immunity doesn’t just fade as it’s been imprinted to fight over your lifetime

The vaccines are not what they have been cracked up to be.

The cancer cases are exploding and reported to be up 300%

Myocarditis has exploded along with heart attacks in all age groups.

Hospitals are not treating you when you first arrive to get tested
They want you to come back. When you do come back it’s time for the ventilator so they can collect that govt money

Early treatment with the right medication saves lives

Sending people home with no treatment and telling you to come back and then be out on a ventilator to die on my eyes is murder
I agree 100% with this statement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I had it. About like a moderate head cold. Never vaxed, never will. Fauxchie should be in jail
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

05EED022-98AC-46E9-95F2-F497E6DD211F.jpeg
alpha burnt

Post by alpha burnt »

In my opinion, the virus is real but has been politically weaponized and I question its origin. Also, it’s timing. Something to watch for, without another “outbreak” in late summer of 2022, you can’t shut the whole works down and require people to have a bunch of “mail in” ballots in the upcoming November election. Hope I’m just being cynical and I’m wrong but time will tell…

Return to “Health & Fitness”