Thanks to all My PTs at Mohican

A place for you health nuts and slackers to share your tips on staying in shape for seasons to come.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Thanks to all My PTs at Mohican

Post by HunterGKS »

I started PT for my left knee replacement on 05/26/2021 & my last session was today, 07/28/2021.
I had sessions 2-3 times a week for about an hour each session. The therapists were all great people.
They put me thru my paces without going over the edge. I was not satisfied with where I was at the
5 week point but they were all very positive, which made me feel a lot better. Starting week 6, it was
like a switch was thrown & my progress started increasing by leaps & bounds (figuratively speaking.)

They did a great job of getting me to where I am today & even a better job of putting up with
my weird sense of humor. Then again, they gave just as good as they received. That is part
of what makes therapy easier to go through.

I decided to make them a batch of cookies as a small token of my appreciation. I made them
with walnuts so I wouldn’t be tempted to gobble them down myself. Hopefully they taste as
good as they smelled as I was making them.

The cookies must have been pretty good as they were almost completely gone when I left!!

Now it’s all up to me to keep the progress moving forward & that’s exactly what I intend to do.

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

This is by far the quickest, easiest and yummiest recipe that I have for cookies.
A batch of these cookies might make it a day and a half in my house. Let's see
how they do at yours!

Ingredients

• 2 cups white sugar
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/4 cup butter
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3 cups quick cooking oats
• 1/2 cup peanut butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1. Combine the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil, cooking 1 minute.

2. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. Stir and mix well.

3. Drop by teaspoons onto wax paper, letting them stand for 30 minutes before serving.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Thanks to all My PTs at Mohican

Post by soiltester »

U' B', "the Man", in the eyes of all the PT people :cheers: l

Golly Jorge, ya' coulda' made enough more , to send some to me :o
Course' it'd have had to been in a cooler of type, so not to melt in the mail :thumbup:

I love walnuts & but sugar, leaves such an after taste any more wit' me!! :banghead:

But I know, some how I would have managed :drunken:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Thanks, but no thanks! I'm on a diet. Can you imagine trying to rehab from a total knee without the PT's? A lot of folks won't understand, but on my last day of therapy I thanked the individual PT's and got quite emotional w/ the two who had been the most instrumental w/ my rehab.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

soiltester wrote: July 28th, 2021, 7:07 pm U' B', "the Man", in the eyes of all the PT people :cheers: l

Golly Jorge, ya' coulda' made enough more , to send some to me :o
Course' it'd have had to been in a cooler of type, so not to melt in the mail :thumbup:

I love walnuts & but sugar, leaves such an after taste any more wit' me!! :banghead:

But I know, some how I would have managed :drunken:
They sure must have enjoyed them.

I don't think they'd travel too well, The cookies nit the PTs.
George

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

decoykrvr wrote: July 28th, 2021, 7:25 pm Thanks, but no thanks! I'm on a diet. Can you imagine trying to rehab from a total knee without the PT's? A lot of folks won't understand, but on my last day of therapy I thanked the individual PT's and got quite emotional w/ the two who had been the most instrumental w/ my rehab.
I'm not sure I'd be where I'd be without the PTs. I wouldn't know what to do, don't have the
proper equipment, & might not push myself as "hard" as they did. There were only a couple
there today & I also thanked them profusely, especially the 1 that got me over the hump at
the start of week 6. If not for her, I might not have gotten to where I am. Not saying the
others weren't a big help but she knew just how to get the most out of me.
George

Return to “Health & Fitness”