Still cooking

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Still cooking

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Been a few days. Tonight I made a stir fry with Lol Mein noodles, have made with Venny a few times.. I'm out, was at the store picked up a half a pork loin.. Cut off a shade more than a pound, mixed up the marinade all day soak Got my veggies around, approximately 3 cups, mix of broccoli, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, carrots, snow peas..

Threw the pork in skillet, cooked pulled set aside, ate a piece then another, when all was said and done probably less than a lb left. With just marinade, no sauce, no veggies be a killer main dish, venison same way..

One of my favorite things to make Pork worked awesome..
Polish_20210721_193958524.jpg
Always get my days mixed up finally had tacos on a Tuesday.. Nothing extraordinary except used the Johnsonville Taco sausage, I like it better than hamburger. And the soft shell bowls, awesome, oven just long enough to tighten um up a bit, they are easy to pick up and eat no mess

Polish_20210720_172532084.jpg
Mexican stuffed peppers.. 2nd time making them the combination of corn, rice, blackbeans, salsa and Seasoning is really good.. Im gonna change up a bit, I'm gonna add a lil enchilada sauce which is full of flavor and some canned green chilies.. Just play with it.. Crazy not Browning the turkey burger there is no grease even..
Polish_20210717_182420296.jpg
My night before grocery day clean the crisper foil pack with smoked sausage.. Heavy on the Butter and Total Seasoning..
Polish_20210719_172437095.jpg
I've never figured out fish in the air powered Cyclonic french fry machine..

I was gonna use hawgs batter couldn't find.. Went this week grabbed Kentucky Kernel Corn meal fish batter.. In my Google foo read of someone using a cornmeal based batter but first slathering the fish with mustard..

Hmmm used to do it for BBQ, why not try.. It worked, worked very well and of course no mustard taste..

Now onto the fish, it was good, different good.. If you were to place fish cooked in fresh oil at the right temp beside air fried fish I would take the oil fried fish.. The air fried fish is great but totally different almost a totally different dish.. One great thing after doing fries then the fish there was zero grease to drain, basically cleaned the machine with a paper towel

I now found Mike's batter and will try soon..

Polish_20210716_194038962.jpg
Finally my Spectacular Steakums lol Love um.. Simple two patties sauteed mushrooms and onions, Colby Jack on a beat up white bun.. Few fries and some dill chips. The I don't feel like cooking dinner

Polish_20210718_171035557.jpg
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Still cooking

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Looks good. I've not tried the taco bowls. The fish looks really good.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

They all look restaurant quality! The Lo Mein is really something to behold! Outstanding!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

This hot weather down here has me with eatin' cold, whatever, I can make up to eat :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

soiltester wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 10:00 am This hot weather down here has me with eatin' cold, whatever, I can make up to eat :thumbup:
That's lunch, Leafy greens mix, ham, cheese, whatever veggies, topped with freetos chili cheese chips and pickles on the side.

Breakfast hate making it, dont really care to eat it except for supper.. Normally I'll have a breakfast bar..

Return to “Camp Dinner”