Chicken shortage

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Chicken shortage

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Being on some cooking boards and groups you see some things early from chefs, restaurant owners etc. SA few weeks ago I started to see a chicken shortage coming.. Now it's on news

Due to Covid sales are up 30%. That coupled with the chicken Sammy wars and fast food chicken will be thin for summer they say bbq in summer will magnify it..

Now obviously law supply and demand prices will rise but it's still chicken.. Sales are same here right now. But if you have some freezer space and a food saver may not hurt to slowly stock up.. What's the worst that can happen you have some chicken that will last a long time..
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Chicken shortage

Post by redarrow »

Our local Krogers deli dept. told me today that they don't have enough staff to make their broasted or rotisserie chicken on a regular basis. Better call ahead.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

redarrow wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 7:50 pm Our local Krogers deli dept. told me today that they don't have enough staff to make their broasted or rotisserie chicken on a regular basis. Better call ahead.
I was gonna get one at Meijer today, never had the chance greeter told me put a face diaper on, I walked out went to family fare
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Man I’m just getting back into wings

I reckon I better stick with steak and brats
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

You can't go wrong with any of those, Brice!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
aristico

Post by aristico »

I have a small restaurant...cicken is more than double than what I was paying a month ago...boston butt 90 cents more...flap meat 3 dollars more...its getting bad...
coconut

Post by coconut »

aristico wrote: May 4th, 2021, 12:41 am I have a small restaurant...cicken is more than double than what I was paying a month ago...boston butt 90 cents more...flap meat 3 dollars more...its getting bad...
Are you having any trouble finding employees? The fast food places here are often closing early because they can’t find employees that will work night shifts. The other morning one of the fast food places only had 2 employees show up. It seems to me many people are earning more money from the government than if they go to work. I think work gives a person pride and helps to contribute to society in a positive manner but I guess I am just old and antiquated.

Post by 935 »

coconut wrote: May 4th, 2021, 3:21 am
aristico wrote: May 4th, 2021, 12:41 am I have a small restaurant...cicken is more than double than what I was paying a month ago...boston butt 90 cents more...flap meat 3 dollars more...its getting bad...
Are you having any trouble finding employees? The fast food places here are often closing early because they can’t find employees that will work night shifts. The other morning one of the fast food places only had 2 employees show up. It seems to me many people are earning more money from the government than if they go to work. I think work gives a person pride and helps to contribute to society in a positive manner but I guess I am just old and antiquated.
Me too
Thank you Lord for creating these wonderful birds and allowing us to chase after them.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 8:13 pm
redarrow wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 7:50 pm Our local Krogers deli dept. told me today that they don't have enough staff to make their broasted or rotisserie chicken on a regular basis. Better call ahead.
I was gonna get one at Meijer today, never had the chance greeter told me put a face diaper on, I walked out went to family fare
Family Fare in Mio has the best chicken ever.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

@ redarrow - How's the turkey population doing in Mio? Headed up that way this weekend to hunt with my dad, seems like it has been picking-up a little over the last few years?

It's been a few years since I have gotten up there to hunt with him.
aristico

Post by aristico »

coconut wrote: May 4th, 2021, 3:21 am

The people I have have been with me for years so Im ok but where I used to get 3 or 4 people coming in every week to ask for work I get none.... why work when you can get 600 bucks a week to stay home? How can people collect unemployment with all of the jobs available? Our government is broken...
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

It's not what can I do for you, anymore. It's what can you do for me??
Entitlement to the max!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
AlinMi

Post by AlinMi »

Hognutz wrote: May 4th, 2021, 10:06 am It's not what can I do for you, anymore. It's what can you do for me??
Entitlement to the max!!
Exactly!!!
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Folks mentioning employee shortages, and I see help wanted signs in all kinds of businesses here in the greater Miami area. Reminds me of after Hurricane Andrew in 1992. Business owners couldn't get employees back to clean up and open due to FEMA giving out relief chits. Folks wouldn't return to work until the money ran out.

Saw an item today that gas shortages may be an issue this summer, not because of lack of gas, but 20-25% shortage of tanker drivers. So, hold on to your hat granny, pain in the butt road trips and a shortage of hotdogs, wings. What we really need is a shortage of politicians of all stripes!
Don
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Gas, rental cars, meat, housing....brace yourselves
quavodus

Post by quavodus »

A lot of fast food places are giving sign on bonuses. America is like a football bat.
"I live in America, why do I have to press 1 for English?"
quavodus

Post by quavodus »

My wife saw on the news that a lot of chickens died when Texas had a cold snap. I thought chickens could take cold.
"I live in America, why do I have to press 1 for English?"
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

MFL205 wrote: May 4th, 2021, 8:46 am @ redarrow - How's the turkey population doing in Mio? Headed up that way this weekend to hunt with my dad, seems like it has been picking-up a little over the last few years?

It's been a few years since I have gotten up there to hunt with him.
I didn't know they even had any turkeys left in the Mio area since they re-stocked them and they winter killed off again!!
My buddy from the Akron(Tuscola County) that has a cabin in that area says their are none :banghead:
Heck, fill me in when ya' git' back :thumbup:
Use to be the "hot spot" in the 70's when I got my 1st, a jake near Curran :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Camp Dinner”