Grounded brand?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Skimerhorn

Grounded brand?

Post by Skimerhorn »

Anybody else seen the stuff on Instagram about grounded brand? They've been teasing some kind of new vest release for this Friday. Curious to see what it is.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Grounded brand?

Post by Hoobilly »

I haven’t even heard of grounded brand. Will keep an eye out for it
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Grounded what's that???
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Grounded what's that never heard of it.
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Grounded what's that???
Skimerhorn

Post by Skimerhorn »

They released it today. Pretty nice looking vest
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Well why don't you post it ??
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

Can't find it on the internet why don't you post a link.
Skimerhorn

Post by Skimerhorn »

Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

4.6lbs no thanks, looks to be a quality vest though.
MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

It is a company out of Alabama, sister company to Foot on Da Head. I first encountered them at the NWTF show 4 years ago, now these are the only mouth calls I use. I love them. Top quality, hand built and a geat company. The owner cares about the product, unlike the big guys who are more about the bottom line. My dad has some breathing issues and Drew built some mouth calls for him a few years ago out of thinner latex and they are easier for him to use.

www.footondahead.com
so.illhunter88

Post by so.illhunter88 »

Anyone else have any hands on reviews on this vest? Good? Bad?
MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

Saw and and tried it on at the NWTF show. Really good.....
PawleysJim

Post by PawleysJim »

Personally I like to see a company's mailing address somewhere on their website, especially if most folks had never heard of them, and the webpage seems to have been created in 2020.
Pinegoat

Post by Pinegoat »

It looks ok if you're into two big do all zipper pockets.
I'll stick with my customized and frameless grand slam.
MeadowCreekMounts

Post by MeadowCreekMounts »

I love mine, ordered it last year early in the season and have been using it since.
sbe2shooter

Post by sbe2shooter »

Love my so far! Scouted around in the mountains about 4 times so far. Only 2 things i can say that need to be improved on. If you carry a box call you’ll find the interior holster somewhat tight and it can be difficult to insert a box unless it’s turned a certain away. Problem 2, the adjustment straps are overly long. Not a major issue as i will shorten them as needed. Other than that you’re not going to lose pots or strikers with the pockets open. I intentionally dangled a shook the vest upside down. They stay in there. The seat is the best on the market..its not coming loose. Overall, nothing is perfect, but this close. A well blended vest for both the mobile and stationary turkey hunter.
sbe2shooter

Post by sbe2shooter »

sbe2shooter wrote: March 6th, 2022, 6:09 pm Love my vest so far! Scouted around in the mountains about 4 times so far. Only 2 things i can say that need to be improved on. If you carry a box call you’ll find the interior holster somewhat tight and it can be difficult to insert a box unless it’s turned a certain way. Problem 2, the adjustment straps are overly long. Not a major issue as i will shorten them as needed. Other than that you’re not going to lose pots or strikers with the pockets open. I intentionally dangled a shook the vest upside down. They stay in there. The seat is the best on the market..its not coming loose. Overall, nothing is perfect, but this close. A well blended vest for both the mobile and stationary turkey hunter.
so.illhunter88

Post by so.illhunter88 »

Got mine in today. I will be sending mine back. Will hopefully send in for a Sitka vest as soon as they restock.

Couple things I liked about the Grounded vest: seat system is nice, plenty of pockets, well made, designated pruner pouch.

Things that I didn’t like: vest shoulder straps pulled my shirt up/back and didn’t want to sit where I needed it to despite adjustments, box call holder doesn’t keep it from making noise, locator call slits did not accommodate my haint and crow call.

Overall I think the vest just isn’t my style. I currently run an alps longspur and am usually running and gunning, so I feel that the Sitka vest will fit my needs better. I was intrigued with the vest when I seen it online. Oh well, that’s what return policies are for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sbe2shooter

Post by sbe2shooter »

I will retract some of my statements on the Grounded vest. Used it on a long scouting trip yesterday in the mountains. I found the adjustment straps randomly come loose while climbing, requiring you cinch it down every so often. As i said before..the box call pocket is tricky. The seat is great, however if you forget to raise it back up it reminds you by slapping the back of your legs constantly. Finall, the biggest negative..its not ventilated. I burned up in it. If anyone is interested in buying it, give me shout i’ll cut you a decent deal. Thanks.
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

I got the Grounded Impact vest but haven't worn it hunting just tried it on inside. My initial thoughts are one of the best vests I've ever tried one. I'm 6"3 195 and the fit is great. The straps hanging don't bother me. Super comfortable but I reckon time will tell. My only concern are how will the zipper's hold up. Every vest I've ever had has zipper's and they almost always mess up. So far I think it's a winner.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”