Some A-hole

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
SwampDrummin

Some A-hole

Post by SwampDrummin »

Shot one of my Nebraska birds last year with a load of copper plated lead #5s. I’m getting tired of chipping teeth.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Some A-hole

Post by soiltester »

MMMMM .. You didn't say you head shot it :banghead: :banghead:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

😆

That would suck
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I called in a bird for my BIL a few years ago. I forget what shot he was using. The bird was moving to the left of us. He shot ,bird down.Dressed it out and found copper plates on the opposite side under the wing. Removed the tail fan and found a bunch of lead shot under the butt flap.The shot actually fell out on the table.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

redarrow wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 8:00 am I called in a bird for my BIL a few years ago. I forget what shot he was using. The bird was moving to the left of us. He shot ,bird down.Dressed it out and found copper plates on the opposite side under the wing. Removed the tail fan and found a bunch of lead shot under the butt flap.The shot actually fell out on the table.
Pellet picker!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
batsonbe

Post by batsonbe »

I’ve killed two birds with gangrene, from being shot by other hunters, in the last couple years.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

hoobilly wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 8:50 am
redarrow wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 8:00 am I called in a bird for my BIL a few years ago. I forget what shot he was using. The bird was moving to the left of us. He shot ,bird down.Dressed it out and found copper plates on the opposite side under the wing. Removed the tail fan and found a bunch of lead shot under the butt flap.The shot actually fell out on the table.
Pellet picker!
Butt nuggets
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
coconut

Post by coconut »

batsonbe wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 10:02 am I’ve killed two birds with gangrene, from being shot by other hunters, in the last couple years.
Shot a turkey a few years ago at about 30 yards with Remington nitro mag 4. When I shot the shell sounded weak and didn’t eject from my old browning a5 but the turkey hit the ground. I started looking at my gun to see what was wrong but when I looked back up turkey had gotten his feet under him and was getting gone. I went back about 3 days later in the afternoon and called a little. Before long heard a gobbler cluck he wouldn’t ever gobble but he would answer with a cluck. Finally got him in about 40 yards and shot him. When I started to clean him he was full of gang green in the craw area. I think it was the same turkey I had shot days before. Other than duck shells that have gotten wet that is the only misfire I can remember with commercial loaded shells.
batsonbe

Post by batsonbe »

coconut wrote: July 26th, 2020, 4:33 pm
batsonbe wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 10:02 am I’ve killed two birds with gangrene, from being shot by other hunters, in the last couple years.
Shot a turkey a few years ago at about 30 yards with Remington nitro mag 4. When I shot the shell sounded weak and didn’t eject from my old browning a5 but the turkey hit the ground. I started looking at my gun to see what was wrong but when I looked back up turkey had gotten his feet under him and was getting gone. I went back about 3 days later in the afternoon and called a little. Before long heard a gobbler cluck he wouldn’t ever gobble but he would answer with a cluck. Finally got him in about 40 yards and shot him. When I started to clean him he was full of gang green in the craw area. I think it was the same turkey I had shot days before. Other than duck shells that have gotten wet that is the only misfire I can remember with commercial loaded shells.
Glad you were able to go back and get him. I’ve only witnessed one time a dud shell. They hit a few feet in front of the target at 40yards. I couldn’t tell yah how my friend cared for his shells at the time.
cutt down

Post by cutt down »

Shot a bird once that had a bullet hole through both breasts. Bird had gangrene from a rifle round that went completely through the bird. Bird never acted like it was hurt. Came in gobbling! I figure some whack job shot him from the road. Either way both breasts were ruined.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”