Tru choke 28 ga threads??

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Swampchickin234

Tru choke 28 ga threads??

Post by Swampchickin234 »

So I found me a little express 28 gauge with a fixed 25” mod bbl. I’m wanting to thread it for chokes. So far only options I have found are Mike Orlen and Briley. Mike has the tru choke and briley will be thin wall. Can I shoot Tss through the tru chokes and be ok? Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Tru choke 28 ga threads??

Post by 2Shooter »

Yes, you will be good! SumToy or Comp N Choke can make one, and hopefully Indian Creek will be able to in the summer. I’ve got a 16ga Savage 220A that Mike Orlen threaded for chokes, and he did a great job! I shoot tss through a Colonial turkey choke in it. Let us know how it goes!
Swampchickin234

Thank ya sir, just wanted some opinions before I sent it to Mike. I reckon that’s the road I will take. Thanks!

FloppinTom

Post by FloppinTom »

Briley threaded my express 28 for Remington, Pro bore I think.
Got extended turkey choke and its putting about 315 #9 in 10" circle at 40.
Attachments
20200521_214040.jpg
Get there early, stay late, sit still and don't use weather as an excuse to stay home.
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

Mike said he would thread mine to truchoke but actually threaded it to colonial so even though they look identical to me the truchoke will not fit. Had to buy a colonial. An still not happy with pattern and would I like to try different chokes and see if I could improve it but there aren't a lot of options in colonial. I wish Indian Creek would make a choke to fit Colonial thread in my 28!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

Mike Orlen did a 10 ga single barrel for me in tru Choke and sumtoy made me a choke. It puts up numbers I am happy with, but if it didn't I would be basically screwed on economically getting other tubes to try. I will never thread anything else if I cant get invector, invector+, Mobil, Crio, remchoke, or another thread that lots of options are available for.
Swampchickin234

So Jamey a tru lock tru choke won’t fit mikes threads? What numbers you getting with the colonial?

Swampchickin234

Bump. Anybody else?

Return to “Gun Talk”