Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Hoobilly »

Just want to ask what your thoughts is on this issue.

Need we take such precautions???

Local governments have shut down the restaurant industry and hearing big businesses are too.

Economy can’t take this and expect to recover anytime soon.

I feel it’s media hype
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Trustyrusty

Re: Coronavirus aka Chinavirus

Post by Trustyrusty »

"Those who sale the panic, sale the pill..."

How many people have you personally seen with the virus? Not in person but just communicating through social media or interviewed on TV through skype..... Yeah me either.

Influenza kills more people than this beer flu.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Its mind boggling what were seeing on the Public Safety side of things. Shortage of everything from N95 mask, sani-wipes, gowns, even portable medical grade Oxygen cylinders. At our 2 Medical Centers it is a different day, different way. The psych side of things is ramping up super fast, elderly are being convinced they are all going to die if they contract it by the media. Kids are literally going crazy because schools are closed until April 7th and now they have closed all daycares and they literally have nowhere to go. The amount of domestic violence is increasing because everyone is home from work and cooped and with nowhere to go it's getting interesting. 1 Medical center had to Quarantine 55 employees because of an exposure before they knew what it was and the other just Quarantined 200 employees because of an accidental exposure when a positive patient was brought to the wrong area of unprotected people. Right now we have unlimited hours/OT. It's definitely surreal experiencing it in the field.
I got laughs from the Nurses with my "kiss me I'm VIRISH" on St. Patrick's day !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

BMW manufacturing plant here in Greer SC has shut its doors for at least 2 weeks which is unheard of! Along with dentist offices, restaurants, some stores and markets, schools etc.... Price of gas has dropped nearly a dollar. Cities on curfew and lots of people out of work. It's a recipe for rioting, looting and huge increases in domestic violence or (government population control by natural selection)

redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I honestly don't know what to think. Hype,overkill,conspiracy . I just don't know. I don't want to act like chicken little but I put nothing past the government anymore .I guess better safe than sorry. What pisses me off are the scammimg SOBs . Seen a lady in TN. selling tp from her trunk at 5 bucks a roll. Here in Mi. lady at Wal Mart in the parking lot selling tp for 60 bucks a pkg. Canton police put her ass in jail.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

spider316 wrote: March 19th, 2020, 9:52 am I got laughs from the Nurses with my "kiss me I'm VIRISH" on St. Patrick's day !
That’s hilarious! :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

redarrow wrote:I honestly don't know what to think. Hype,overkill,conspiracy . I just don't know. I don't want to act like chicken little but I put nothing past the government anymore .I guess better safe than sorry. What pisses me off are the scammimg SOBs . Seen a lady in TN. selling tp from her trunk at 5 bucks a roll. Here in Mi. lady at Wal Mart in the parking lot selling tp for 60 bucks a pkg. Canton police put her ass in jail.
As long as my company bathroom has toilet paper, I too will have toilet paper in my bathroom lol.

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

If you think it is no worse than the flu or common cold, google "Fusco virus" . A family of 11 adults attended church with their 73 year-old mother in NJ where it is believed the contagion spread. The oldest child, 55, and her brother died just before their mother died and all died from the Covid 19 virus. At least 5 other family members are in critical condition. As for loss of money, I've never seen a Brinks Truck in a funeral procession. Gil
RaspyD

Post by RaspyD »

The impeachment process fails to get Trump out of office and then the Coronavirus becomes a pandemic. Coincidence??
WAGinVA

Post by WAGinVA »

For all of you conspiracy theorists, listen to your President. If he says that the outbreak warrants not being in groups of over 10 people, he believes it and so should you.
Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

WAGinVA wrote:For all of you conspiracy theorists, listen to your President. If he says that the outbreak warrants not being in groups of over 10 people, he believes it and so should you.
While I'd love to be home with my kids and get a free vacation to hunt longbirds, Siemens (where I work) is still running 3 full shifts until an employee positively contracts the virus or the government issues a mandatory shutdown. Our governor shut down school systems and daycare to help isolate the virus, but I'm still having to work around 200+ people daily and come home to my kids [emoji2361]

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

redarrow wrote: March 19th, 2020, 10:08 am I honestly don't know what to think. Hype,overkill,conspiracy . I just don't know. I don't want to act like chicken little but I put nothing past the government anymore .I guess better safe than sorry. What pisses me off are the scammimg SOBs . Seen a lady in TN. selling tp from her trunk at 5 bucks a roll. Here in Mi. lady at Wal Mart in the parking lot selling tp for 60 bucks a pkg. Canton police put her ass in jail.
They put her in jail!? Ludicrous!

They should have watched them idiots buying it from her and laughed at the citidiots buying it.

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

RaspyD wrote: March 19th, 2020, 10:24 am The impeachment process fails to get Trump out of office and then the Coronavirus becomes a pandemic. Coincidence??
And look at the bigger picture...

China is bankrupt. So they release corona to kill off elderly who can’t produce money for them. HongKong freedom protest killed off.

Now world economy is tanked and that helps China

Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

hoobilly wrote:
redarrow wrote: March 19th, 2020, 10:08 am I honestly don't know what to think. Hype,overkill,conspiracy . I just don't know. I don't want to act like chicken little but I put nothing past the government anymore .I guess better safe than sorry. What pisses me off are the scammimg SOBs . Seen a lady in TN. selling tp from her trunk at 5 bucks a roll. Here in Mi. lady at Wal Mart in the parking lot selling tp for 60 bucks a pkg. Canton police put her ass in jail.
They put her in jail!? Ludicrous!

They should have watched them idiots buying it from her and laughed at the citidiots buying it.
Well, they have to have a "legit" reason to take the money now don't they...hahaha
Seized currency buys all kinds of cool stuff!

Post by 935 »

Some of it is media hype but our president doesn't buy into media hype a whole lot. So I'm thinking the threat of getting sick is real. The harm to our economy is even more real.
Thank you Lord for creating these wonderful birds and allowing us to chase after them.
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

I have a friend from Italy, who is working in Nigeria at the moment. He said his family is freaking out over COVID 19. The entire country is on lockdown and people are dropping like flies. They're not making this up or B.S.-ing the numbers, it is real.

I heard on the news that chloroquine may be effective against the virus. I hope they're right, because that drug is proven and plentiful.

Jim
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Cut N Run wrote: March 19th, 2020, 6:58 pm I have a friend from Italy, who is working in Nigeria at the moment. He said his family is freaking out over COVID 19. The entire country is on lockdown and people are dropping like flies. They're not making this up or B.S.-ing the numbers, it is real.

I heard on the news that chloroquine may be effective against the virus. I hope they're right, because that drug is proven and plentiful.

Jim
I heard that 3,000 confirmed have died to corona in Italy

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

If you look for any conventional studies or even reliably gather data to crunch, you won' t find any. The whole thing is based on bull****. What the media pushes may sound official, but if you have any scientific training you should see through it. This is smart phone fueled mass hysteria with those who should be in charge just fanning the flames to expand government and rape freedoms.

I have no fear of the virus any more than others that are already out there and have been for years. Take the precautions you should for flu or norovirus and you're as good as you'll get following panic guidelines. Ruining lives with panic driven recession is just as bad or worse than the virus.

The virus is just nowhere near as dangerous as numbers of people who are scared witless.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-f ... Sm6nKOyL_k

https://talbotspy.org/letter-from-toron ... OmVSTKKNqc

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-v ... ary-panic/
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Some of you guys.

This is a real pandemic and it is going to kill a whole lot of good people in the United States. Get your heads out of your asses.
huntinsomd

Post by huntinsomd »

SwampDrummin wrote: March 20th, 2020, 5:13 pm Some of you guys.

This is a real pandemic and it is going to kill a whole lot of good people in the United States. Get your heads out of your asses.
This is legit! I have seen first hand people in icu and deceased from this virus. It takes a while for the test results to confirm this, but you better believe this is real. Look after yourselves and your family!
Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

Think what you want. Conspiracy. Media hype. Democrats. Anti-Trumpers. This is REAL. My little Sleepy Hollow town of 8,000 in SC has the most cases in the state. Over 30 as of today. Middle age / seniors doesn't matter. Town hospital already over capacity with flu patients and other issues. Gonna explode this week. I' know a little about medicine. Take this seriously. Be cautious. Stay healthy.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Bigvet wrote: March 20th, 2020, 9:46 pm Think what you want. Conspiracy. Media hype. Democrats. Anti-Trumpers. This is REAL. My little Sleepy Hollow town of 8,000 in SC has the most cases in the state. Over 30 as of today. Middle age / seniors doesn't matter. Town hospital already over capacity with flu patients and other issues. Gonna explode this week. I' know a little about medicine. Take this seriously. Be cautious. Stay healthy.
Prayers from here!

Hope the fast tracking for antibiotics etc by Trump team will help

Americans are resilient and tough bunch

Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

I hope we respond better than Italy has so far. Time for everyone to step up. We are tough, but we have to drop politics and economics and being self centered. It will take all of us doing stuff we don't want to do to beat this. Road to recovery will be long but doable. But we are the USA!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

We are crippling the entire nation to save an extreme small %

We are basically burning down the house to kill the mouse!

Pitiful. I feel We are creating much bigger and longer term issues then the virus ever could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

What I noticed about that area in SC first off is the high concentration of old folks homes; just like in Italy. Your numbers are going to be disproportionately high if you have a disproportionately high number of predisposed hosts. Unfortunately truth like math doesn't make sense to many people. Just like thinking you can print off enough money to make an economy survive having been shut down indefinitely. It doesn't add up. The thing that really gets me about Camden is they're hoping to pipe in $45 million and their best idea so far is drive through tests for 18 people per day. 45 mil and that's their idea of a controlled study? There's no point outside of the people whose bank accounts the money will go into.

Anyway, how are turkey numbers in the area? We're gonna head up on the 27th to be there for the youth weekend. Supposedly there will be one tied to a tree for the boy. Hopefully they won't have shut Rush's down. I want a strawberry shake and a chili cheeseburger.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”