Wives and Christmas

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Wives and Christmas

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So is anyone else wives bat $*** crazy about Christmas. Sal grew up with big Christmas I did not gifts yes spirit no, she had mega decorations, me not so much, minimal.

Only channel I get to watch is Hallmark Christmas movies. Radio Carol's been this way since October. Suicide is an option.

Sal literally shopped all weekend, went to decorating today. Took her all day she bought a new Bluetooth speaker blast carols.

I mean I'm living at a Christmas superstore, from blankets, to pillows,to placemats, to scented pinecones, to doilies on every end table and coffee table, to coffee mugs, to oven mitts. Hell I'm told what towels I can use in bathroom not the Christmas ones they're decorative same with placemats. You go pee there's a nativity seen in front of you and glitter trees behind you

Literally we have 20ft of west windows. Theirs some form of decoration every 18 inches on window sil. From Santa's to frosty to elves. I betcha theirs 70 decorations in this house. The entire window is lined with lighted Garland with Holly berries and pinecones as is the kitchen and fireplace. Every rug in house is changed. Ask are you done "no ain't been to Hobby Lobby yet" Tommorow pick up our cusom wreathes. Plus that big painting on wall is getting wrapped with a bow.????

Theirs 6 pine smelling candles, she sprays Glade pine place smells like a. Christmas tree lot. Speaking of Christmas trees ain't even got there yet.

Not venting, she is the happiest I've seen her in a while. You know what they say "happy fiancee gets you in their pantzes"

Most ya know what I went through last Christmas this is nice uplifting, she did awesome.Ill post some pics tomorrow.

But does anyone else have a wife like this half nuts
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Wives and Christmas

Post by Hoobilly »

Man I don’t know what to say other than ride that wave!

I ain’t in the Christmas Spirit yet..
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

My wife does more than the minimum, as well. Not as nuts as you guys but more than most. I like the result but hate the process!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I kinda agree with Hog, I like the results, but all I can think about is dragging all the crap out then putting it all away! I am going to a huge Christmas show, flea market type thing this Friday with another couple and my wife. The other guy going is eat up crazy with all this dumb chit and NEVER shuts up! I told my wife I am strictly going for her, but I'm dreading it.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Wife is done decorating already .. ribbons on gate and pillars at the road, 3 wreaths on the front porch, is it for the outside. :cheers:
She decided to skip the decretive lights in the kitchen and put her lights around her Nativity scene on the middle low table in the front room and that's it :thumbup:
My shoppin's done … $2000+ new violin in house and golf club, here today, for her birthday … well hopefully that's all :banghead:
Dang picture that Larry sent from last years Mexico hunt, may still cost me a new set of clubs for her, before this year's Mexico hunt in April :roll: :roll:

Lucky we only listen to Sirius radio in our vehicles :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ba Hum Bug :stir:
Christmas is for kids .. so act it :LMAO: :stir: :stir: :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

I'd put the Christmas tree up on November 1st if she'd let me. I did it once, yes it was a live one. She came home and I got the "are you really that stupid look". It's a happy place for me, come home from work and just sit and relax with some Christmas music. Realizing how lucky I am to have what I have ! :)

Don't need all the other crap though !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

She is at least half that.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Yup another 340 in decorations today and a tree 2 wreaths swags. Seriously I don't where she plans on putting this stuff

I'll post pics when finished whenever that is. She hasn't even started outside.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

My wife and daughter hung a few lights outside yesterday in 30 mph winds. I didn’t help and not going to. I drank beer and worked on few other things in the shop. F it. Lol. Your just doing it for everybody else to see. That’s what I tell her anyway. She enjoys it I reckon. But she knows she won’t get much help from me. Some but NOT MUCH. LOL.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
firedup

Post by firedup »

I hear ya and live the life with ya! Wife even dresses up the deer mounts like Rudolph and crew. On the other hand she's not into jewelry and some of the other bottomless pit things.
"happy fiancee gets you in their pantzes"
Dress up like a (horny) elf and see how it works out!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

firedup wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 8:05 pm I hear ya and live the life with ya! Wife even dresses up the deer mounts like Rudolph and crew. On the other hand she's not into jewelry and some of the other bottomless pit things.
"happy fiancee gets you in their pantzes"
Dress up like a (horny) elf and see how it works out!
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

spider316 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 2:39 pm I'd put the Christmas tree up on November 1st if she'd let me. I did it once, yes it was a live one. She came home and I got the "are you really that stupid look". It's a happy place for me, come home from work and just sit and relax with some Christmas music. Realizing how lucky I am to have what I have ! :)

Should've known you'd be some type of WEIRDO!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Christmas tree went up before Thanksgiving. 95% of gifts are purchased before Thanksgiving. She put her SIRIUS radio on Christmas carols in mid-Noember. Yeh, she goes all in on this holiday.
I love Christmas, but 7 weeks of carols, nothing BUT Christmas music??? No way.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Tail Feathers wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 12:54 am Christmas tree went up before Thanksgiving. 95% of gifts are purchased before Thanksgiving. She put her SIRIUS radio on Christmas carols in mid-Noember. Yeh, she goes all in on this holiday.
I love Christmas, but 7 weeks of carols, nothing BUT Christmas music??? No way.
Same here I'm sick of it. When were in truck tablets on Hallmark, I'll go sal I'm sick of it then she turns on Carol's. We've watched every Hallmark movie so many times I cut off their sentences

I'm getting stupid now, I'll look around go "know what look good here". Not that theirs much room anywhere. House is small, thank goodness.

But in all honesty I got 20 kisses tonight as she was so happy after getting tree up. I'll take some pics of everything. It's overwhelming.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

CamoMan4025 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 9:07 pm
spider316 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 2:39 pm I'd put the Christmas tree up on November 1st if she'd let me. I did it once, yes it was a live one. She came home and I got the "are you really that stupid look". It's a happy place for me, come home from work and just sit and relax with some Christmas music. Realizing how lucky I am to have what I have ! :)

Should've known you'd be some type of WEIRDO!
Lefty, the only reason your being nice to the wife and partaking in the seasonal festivities is because you need her to swipe your bottom still. Hey dont forget to hit those hinges with a little WD40 so they don't rust up in the wet weather ! :bootyshake:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

My wife was that way (probably not quite as much as yours) early in our marriage and my mother was that way most of my life, but both have backed way off. My mom because it's mostly just her and Dad now, and my wife because we've both gotten lazy and my "kids" no longer care to be involved with the effort required. With the granddaughter here we may increase some in the next couple of years. We may have to leave decorations off the lower 3 feet if the tree this year so she doesn't get her hands on too many ornaments. It's tough for a 1 1/2 year old to resist.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”