Harvested Corn Fields + Flying Fall Turkeys.

Everything pertaining to hunting fall turkeys. From calls to Turkey dogs.
quavers16

Harvested Corn Fields + Flying Fall Turkeys.

Post by quavers16 »

The Fall Turkey Season is coming up in late October here in New York + New Jersey. The Season got cut from 6 weeks to 2 weeks in NY and now only 1 bird can be taken. Sometimes during the day things can work in your favor if you can't find a morning roost of vocal Fall turkeys. I tell you-- a harvested corn field with a sea of Yellow waste corn and a big flock of Turkeys in the field-- well not much beats that sight!! On several occasions, I have called the Flock to my side of the Field and shot a standing turkey and then nailed a Plump Flying Fall Turkey. Head down,lead, and follow through and down the Turkey Falls.Of course Pheasant Season opens in NY on October 1st and if you are a good Wingshot and can nail a Pheasant-- a Turkey is easy Pickens! And there is no better eating Turkey then a Plump,tender 8lb Jenny.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Harvested Corn Fields + Flying Fall Turkeys.

Post by Hoobilly »

Oct 1st we have a decent 1 turkey limit. Looking forward to it I am
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Montana has a fall hunt in this area and only those that didn't shoot a spring turkey can hunt it as we get only 1 tag a year in this area for Spring or Fall, the season starts Sept. 1 - January 1 , unless they changed that this year, I haven't looked but I doubt if they did with a 1 bird limit. Hunting them in the snow is so much better to me but ya got to like the cold.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

Try and not shoot at flying turkeys but have done it a few times spring and fall. Missouri allows 2 with bow and 2 with shotgun in the fall. After I get them will most likely go to another couple states and shoot a few more this fall.
WoodMoose

Post by WoodMoose »

Grumpy wrote: August 1st, 2019, 5:10 pm Montana has a fall hunt in this area and only those that didn't shoot a spring turkey can hunt it as we get only 1 tag a year in this area for Spring or Fall, the season starts Sept. 1 - January 1 , unless they changed that this year, I haven't looked but I doubt if they did with a 1 bird limit. Hunting them in the snow is so much better to me but ya got to like the cold.
yeap,,,got my tags here on the desk,,,heading MT way early september to mainly chase grouse etc but if'n I find some turkeys, look out!
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Good Luck on the bird hunt
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"

Return to “Fall Turkey Hunting & Turkey Dogs”