Days 1 & 2 of the 2021 Ohio Deer Season – 11/29-30

Everything pertaining to deer.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Days 1 & 2 of the 2021 Ohio Deer Season – 11/29-30

Post by HunterGKS »

Day 1 of the 2021 Ohio Deer Season – 11/29

It was cloudy, calm, % 26 with a heavy frost at 06:50 when I was ready to go. The Heater Buddy
helped make it comfortable in the blind.

At 07:22, I heard 2 shots to the far east &, at 07:24, 2 more shots that sounded like they came
from the opening between the woods I was in & the next. I watched but no deer appeared. At
07 38, the sun came up read & bright. At 07:42, a red squirrel came by to visit. It came & went
around my stand until 09:25 when a 2nd red joined it & they played tag the rest of the morning.

At 09:48, a coyote ran east-to-west about 300 yards south of me & went into the SE corner of the
woods. At 10:37, a fox squirrel went into the bean field & spent about ½ hour foraging around
before entering the woods on my right to the south.

At 10:50, 4 does ran east-to-west & didn’t even pause running right into the woods. At 11:02, it
sounded like WW3 had started in the east opening. There were at least 12 shots. Again, nothing
came my way.

At 12:45, the wind picked up & was blowing into my face. By 14:40, my knees were barking, my
face was cold, & I was bored so I headed in with sunny, partial cloudy skies, breezy, & 39. Hopefully
tomorrow will be better.

Day 2 of the 2021 Ohio Deer Season – 11/30

I had a pretty restless night last night. When I got home yesterday, my internet was down & nothing
I did seemed to get it started. My brain would not shut off & I kept waking up. I finally got up at
04:00 to try 1 more thing. I also turned off the alarm deciding that. If it didn’t start, I would forgo
hunting to get it fixed. Lo & behold, the last effort got things going again so it was turn on the alarm
& back to bed for an hour or so.

I was in the woods at 07:00 with about 1’ of snow, 37, overcast, & calm. The Heater Buddy was turned
on to take off the chill. At 07:20, a red came down the tree next to the right side of my stand & ran
around for an hour or so. At 08:25, I heard a shot from the far west. There were sporadic shots from
that direction until about 10:30.

At 10:55, a spotless fawn came down my 4-wheeler trail & into the bean field. It was maybe 15’-20’
feet from me. It moved around in front of me, looking at me, doing the head bob thing, & sticking is
nose up as far as possible sniffing. It may have smelled the propane from the heater. It kept looking
back into the woods so I guessed there were more deer. About 5 minutes later, moms came down the
trail & into the field. She also looked at me but neither seemed concerned. They moved into a strip
of beans that hadn’t been combined & slowly headed south noshing as they went. The doe kept looking
eastward intently. I couldn’t see what she was looking at. She started trotting east stopping several
times before moving out of sight. The fawn kept eating beans. She finally showed herself along with
another doe& fawn. The headed towards me & cut into the woods. I did see them as they moved behind
me heading west. The 1st fawn had moved into the woods. I could have shot either of the 1st 2 but neither
was big enough. Based on size, I think this may have been the does 1st fawn.

I started feeling poorly & headed in at 12:30 with sunny skies & high white fluffies, & calm. I did talk with
my BIL &, as far as he knows, no one has gotten Big Boy yet so I still have hope. I’m hoping a nap & a good
nights sleep will set me right for tomorrow.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Days 1 & 2 of the 2021 Ohio Deer Season – 11/29-30

Post by spider316 »

Thank you and get well !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

spider316 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 2:46 pm Thank you and get well !
Thx. I'm feeling a little better & hope that a good nights sleep will fix me up.
George

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

I forgot to mention that, all the shooting at 11:00 yesterday was the result of a deer drive that resulted
in exactly 0 deer being killed. That's after
at least 12 shots.
George

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Stick with the program Jorge!! :thumbup:
You'll git' it done, even at 1/2 a day at a time :cheers:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

soiltester wrote: November 30th, 2021, 6:50 pm Stick with the program Jorge!! :thumbup:
You'll git' it done, even at 1/2 a day at a time :cheers:
Imma gonna gibit my bess shot (Figuratively & literally I hope.)
George

Return to “Deer Hunting”