Day 6 of the 2019 Ohio Deer Season

Everything pertaining to deer.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 6 of the 2019 Ohio Deer Season

Post by HunterGKS »

It was Cold this morning with a capital C!! 20 degrees, calm & partially overcast at 07:10.
I have been using my Mr. Heater Portable Heater at the lowest setting this week. It doesn’t
really keep me warm; it just keeps me from getting really cold. I fired it up, put in on the
high setting & got ready to go. Within 5 minutes, it started to sputter & hiss & stopped
working. OUT OF PROPANE!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! Of all the mornings to run out
of fuel. In the past, I have run the heater all week on 1 tank of propane. The only thing I
can figure is that this tank wasn’t full. Starting next year, there will be an extra tank in
the truck starting on day 4.

The red showed up at 07:43 followed by another bright sunrise at 07:45. At 08:30, 2 foxes
& a red went out into the field to my right. At 09:02, 2 more foxes & another red wet into
the corner at my right. A 5th fox went into the field right in front of me & sat there eating
the bean stalks & weed stalks. It was there for at least 15 minutes. I have seen squirrels
eat a lot of things but never stalks & weeds.

At 09:40, 3 foxes & a red went a few feet up 4 different trees within 10’ of me. It seemed
like they knew I was there & were taunting me. There were also 2 foxes in the former.
Based what I have seen this week, there should be a good crop of squirrels next fall especially
if each female has the usual 2-4 hatches.

The breeze picked up at 10:45 & it started to get even more cold feeling. By 01:30, the wind
was pretty strong from the SE blowing right into my face. I had been battling the cold all
morning but, by 01:45, my toes were going numb, my fingers didn’t want to do what I told
them, & I couldn’t blink my eyes!!!! He previous statement is a slight exaggeration but only
slight! I decided "That's all I can stands, cuz I can't stands n'more!" & headed to the house for
some football. It was 36 & windy.

GO BUCKS!! O-H………………
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Deer Hunting”