Elk & Mule Deer Hunt

Everything pertaining to deer.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Elk & Mule Deer Hunt

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, I may get a ton of info or not much at all, but here we go. My BFF and I are looking at going on either an elk or mule deer hunt in 2020 out in Colorado or possibly Idaho. We are not going to do a combo hunt. He has been all over the world hunting and I've only been like 2 counties over! He hasn't been in several years. He really wants to kill a nice mule deer. I've always wanted to go to Colorado, don't ask me why, it's just stuck in my head. It will be a guided hunt either way. I'm basically looking for info on any outfitters you all have used and reviews on them. I believe we need preference points, etc., depending on where we go and we don't have any. So any help would be great. This most likely for me will be a one time shot. I'm hoping to save enough over the next year to pay for this trip, if not I may have to open a Go Fund Me page :dontknow: :dontknow: I would like to kill an elk, but a nice muley would be cool too. I'm just wanting to experience it out west and take it all in.

I am not totally stuck on Colorado and we discussed Idaho last night, but other states are not out of the equation.

Thanks,

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
dsunday

Re: Elk & Mule Deer Hunt

Post by dsunday »

There's alot good info the rokslide forums.

The real pristine units will require points, but if you look at the draw stats on the Colorado website you can get an idea what you can do with 0 points. Also toprut.com is a good one.

I've never used an outfitter, just started researching an elk hunt myself.
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

I got 20 bucks for your Go fund you account. Least I can due for when I got nailed with a Radar detector, and the Trooper gave me a speaking to. Crime of the Century in the Commonwealth ! :salute:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

spider316 wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:29 pm I got 20 bucks for your Go fund you account. Least I can due for when I got nailed with a Radar detector, and the Trooper gave me a speaking to. Crime of the Century in the Commonwealth ! :salute:
Why can't you be like dsunday? Don't you have some hoses to drag or fire truck to wash?
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

CamoMan4025 wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:32 pm
spider316 wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:29 pm I got 20 bucks for your Go fund you account. Least I can due for when I got nailed with a Radar detector, and the Trooper gave me a speaking to. Crime of the Century in the Commonwealth ! :salute:
Why can't you be like dsunday? Don't you have some hoses to drag or fire truck to wash?
Keep it up, Dry ice and some H20. You'll be up all night working ! :cherry:
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Lmao at you 2. Dry ice bomb. Epic.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

OLE RASPY wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:49 pm Lmao at you 2. Dry ice bomb. Epic.
Raspy, if you guys could see the "Off the Record " conversation going on right now, HOOBILLY would have to close everything ! :argue:
BTW, he started it !!!

Poor Camoman, just wanted some honest advice and help and this thread turned into a slow motion trainwreck !
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Colorado is where I'd go for muleys. Elk is a toss up as long as you stay away from wolf infested areas of Idaho.
However, CO does have the most elk of any state. If going for muleys in CO, you'll need to find an outfitter in a unit that a high percentage of folks with zero points will draw. I don't really know the mule deer opportunities in ID. I can't help with outfitters, but do plenty of research and check references.

Return to “Deer Hunting”